inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: McCauley sez......

Written By: saver on 05/11/05 at 8:51 pm

Anyone BELIEVE Mac?

He mentions he slept in Michaels bed a few times-clothed...

Then when asked if he ever slept with any other 35 year olds..he said 'Not that he could remember'.

Uh...if ANYONE else can come up with such a line then it would sound believable but wouldn't most not in the MJ circus be able to say:
'NO I NEVER DID' or  'YES, I HAVE'?  I would think ANYONE would remember if they ever have when asked...

But that might be just me.....

ANY OTHERS???? :-\\

Subject: Re: McCauley sez......

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/11/05 at 9:17 pm

he has always been an odd sort of person...who knows who is telling the truth anymore??

Erin

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/11/05 at 9:51 pm

Gary Coleman used the term "a minor consideration" regarding Michael Jackson!  I would have phrased it a bit differently.

I think the prosecutor bungled the case the case so badly it deserves to be thrown out.  Everybody I despise in the media seems to be out to get Michael Jackson, so I'm beginning to doubt his guilt!

Written By: Robbo on 05/12/05 at 4:54 am

I can't understand why people are questioning if Mac told the truth or not. No-one ever questioned if the accuser, or his mom were telling the truth or not. Mac's testimony was great. I loved it when he just laughed in the face of the prosecution when they hinted that Michael might've molested Mac while he was asleep.
The parts that were edited out of "Living With Michael Jackson" were also shown in court today. It normalized Michael in the eyes of the jury. They finally got to see the real Michael Jackson.

Written By: Gis on 05/12/05 at 9:25 am

I say again do you actually think or talk about Anything other than Michael Jackson.There is more to life !

Written By: saver on 05/12/05 at 2:45 pm

One reason for talking about the MJ thing (to me) it at least may open eyes of people when/if they ever come up against someone WEIRD in the neighborhood. It could then be argued their neighborhood weirdo is just like MJ who may be not guilty.

However..the case shouldn't have to do with MJ and his star friends anyway..they must remember it is accusations of the kid in question...all the others on the stand are just testifying their experience...it needs focus. 

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/12/05 at 3:29 pm

I say again do you actually think or talk about Anything other than Michael Jackson.There is more to life !
Hey, not if your a blind follower of "Screwball Nation" :D

Written By: NullandVoid on 05/12/05 at 3:57 pm

The only thing that comes to mind is "wow, mac sure got ugly...but he was good in Party Monster"

Written By: Robbo on 05/12/05 at 5:20 pm

One reason for talking about the MJ thing (to me) it at least may open eyes of people when/if they ever come up against someone WEIRD in the neighborhood. It could then be argued their neighborhood weirdo is just like MJ who may be not guilty.

However..the case shouldn't have to do with MJ and his star friends anyway..they must remember it is accusations of the kid in question...all the others on the stand are just testifying their experience...it needs focus. 

The prosecution were the one's that requested that "past acts" be brought into this trial. They claimed, as part of that, that Macauley Kulkin was a victim. All he did was refute those claims, and he did a good job at it.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/12/05 at 5:53 pm

The prosecution were the one's that requested that "past acts" be brought into this trial. They claimed, as part of that, that Macauley Kulkin was a victim. All he did was refute those claims, and he did a good job at it.
I actually agree with you on that point, Robbo. The only flaw I found with Mac was his not being able to recall if he's ever slept with any other 35 year olds :-\\

Written By: Robbo on 05/13/05 at 1:14 am

I actually agree with you on that point, Robbo. The only flaw I found with Mac was his not being able to recall if he's ever slept with any other 35 year olds :-\\

I did actually think it was weird that he said "I can't recall". It's a yes or no question, you can not, not be sure.

Written By: Climber on 05/13/05 at 1:56 am

I'm not arguing for or against, but who's to say Culkin's not just lying about what happened to save face?  He is a public figure, and why would he want to be known as the famous person who got molested by MJ?
BTW, I have not really been following the trial, and I'm still on the fence regarding guilt or innocence for molestation.  I DO, however, think it's wrong that he let them sleep in his bed.  And SO WRONG that the parents who knew about it would actually let it happen.  NO WAY would I let my kids do that.

Why, after what happened the first time, would people still let their kids go to Neverland?  This accuser's mother was MJ's maid.  If she knew what was going on, why did she let her kids go there?

Written By: Robbo on 05/13/05 at 3:11 am

Mac didn't lie. I think that if Mac said he was molested by Michael, rather than that he wasn'tm molested, it'd be better for his career. Think about the trend at the moment. Whenever Michael Jackson is brought up, make a joke and everyone laughs. Mac first became friends with Michael in 1990, which is cool because Michael was popular back then. But if Mac was concerned about his career, then in the last 5 years of interviews he's done, he would've never even admitted he was still friends with Michael. Even admitting that is damaging to your image. Admitting your an MJ fan is damaging to you, trust me, I know. So he's clearly not concerned about his career if he says, countless times on TV that he is still friends with Michael.

Check for new replies or respond here...