inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Losing 1 Son Is Bad Enough...But This?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/13/05 at 8:50 am

I heard back in 1988 that an old highschool classmate of mine had died in an automobile accident, he was 30. Now my mom, who knew his mother, has found that she and her husband have had it much worse. She gave birth to 2 stillborns....had a 4 year old daughter die....and a 13 year old son was killed by a car while riding his bike. I lost one child while they lost ALL 5 of thiers :\'( If any of  you have children...please enjoy them and love them as much as you possibly can because you never know, they could be gone tomorrow :-\\

Subject: Re: Losing 1 Son Is Bad Enough...But This?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/13/05 at 3:36 pm

Well, I figured since this topic was getting looks but NO replies...I'd delete it...but AGAIN....I get the "You cannot delete your OWN topics" message :D ::)

Written By: gord on 05/13/05 at 3:55 pm

If any of  you have children...please enjoy them and love them as much as you possibly can because you never know

I'll second that :)

Written By: danootaandme on 05/13/05 at 5:40 pm

I read it, I just don't know what to say except you should leave it.  I don't know why.  It is just one of
those posts that is important to read, but for which there is not reply.    :-\\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/13/05 at 6:12 pm

I read it, I just don't know what to say except you should leave it.  I don't know why.  It is just one of
those posts that is important to read, but for which there is not reply.    :-\\
I know...I understand ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/13/05 at 10:36 pm

I know of a family that has gone through the same sort of thing......

there was this kid I went to high school with...he had 2 sisters and a brother.....

a few years ago I heard that his youngest sister died of a rare disease.......then about a year ago..I was reading the obituaries...and found out that he died.....while I was reading the write-up...I realized that prior to the little sister passing away..he had an older brother that had died a while back....

so now..this poor mother only has 1 child left....a daughter who is about 21 years old now...I can't even imagine what her life consists of.....such tragedy.

Erin

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/14/05 at 1:08 am

I know of a family that has gone through the same sort of thing......

there was this kid I went to high school with...he had 2 sisters and a brother.....

a few years ago I heard that his youngest sister died of a rare disease.......then about a year ago..I was reading the obituaries...and found out that he died.....while I was reading the write-up...I realized that prior to the little sister passing away..he had an older brother that had died a while back....

so now..this poor mother only has 1 child left....a daughter who is about 21 years old now...I can't even imagine what her life consists of.....such tragedy.

Erin
:\'(

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/14/05 at 1:17 am

Again, words cannot express how big the tragedy your friends' life had been. My friend has also had friends that have passed on unexpectedly. May God answer your prayers and that it nevers happens to anyone else.  :\'(

Written By: Jennifer028 on 05/14/05 at 3:42 pm

I cant even imagine what its like to lose a child.  I dont know how I could go on if I lost one of mine but losing 5 children must be agony.
I definetly cherish everyday I have with my 2 kids  :)

Written By: Howard on 05/14/05 at 4:48 pm

You definitely have to cherish the people you have in your life even if they are a pain in the tush! :)

Written By: Carrie on 05/14/05 at 9:11 pm

I cant even imagine what its like to lose a child.  I dont know how I could go on if I lost one of mine but losing 5 children must be agony.
I definetly cherish everyday I have with my 2 kids  :)
Agreed. I would do anything for my two sons, they are everything to me.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/14/05 at 10:16 pm

Agreed. I would do anything for my two sons, they are everything to me.
:)Love them all the time. BTW, LOVE the avatar ;)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/15/05 at 7:29 am

I heard back in 1988 that an old highschool classmate of mine had died in an automobile accident, he was 30. Now my mom, who knew his mother, has found that she and her husband have had it much worse. She gave birth to 2 stillborns....had a 4 year old daughter die....and a 13 year old son was killed by a car while riding his bike. I lost one child while they lost ALL 5 of thiers :\'( If any of you have children...please enjoy them and love them as much as you possibly can because you never know, they could be gone tomorrow :-\\
I never had kids,but I've lost both parents...I never got to go to my mom's funeral...I've also lost several good friends...I feel for that family you posted about,and for you,too.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/15/05 at 11:36 pm

I never had kids,but I've lost both parents...I never got to go to my mom's funeral...I've also lost several good friends...I feel for that family you posted about,and for you,too.
Sorry to hear that :\'(...thank you :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/19/05 at 11:36 pm

Well, the father passed away tonight....so he is with his children (hopefully)....his wife....who is near death wants to talk to my mom....

Written By: Cheetara on 05/20/05 at 8:25 am

Wow!  RockandRoll...you're absolutely right.  We should cherish and love our family...tomorrow isn't promised to any of us. 

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/20/05 at 10:16 am

Wow!  RockandRoll...you're absolutely right.  We should cherish and love our family...tomorrow isn't promised to any of us. 
Well, at least the father is with the kids now...

Written By: Howard on 05/20/05 at 2:42 pm

that's true. :(

Check for new replies or respond here...