inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Which male Singer Would You Rate As The Best Dancer

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 05/14/05 at 4:03 pm

Vote here

Subject: Re: Which male Singer Would You Rate As The Best Dancer

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/14/05 at 4:04 pm

Fred Astaire

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 05/14/05 at 4:45 pm

Fred Astaire

That does not count. He didn't release any singles. It's got to be someone in the popular music world

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/14/05 at 5:25 pm

That does not count. He didn't release any singles. It's got to be someone in the popular music world
Fred Astaire is a very popular singer and dancer, can you name anyone better than him?

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 05/14/05 at 5:49 pm

Fred Astaire is a very popular singer and dancer, can you name anyone better than him?

Fred Astaire did not release any pop records. And I can Name some male artists that are better dancers than he is and they are Michael Jackson and Justin Timberlake. No one comes close.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/14/05 at 6:14 pm

Fred Astaire.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/14/05 at 6:25 pm

Fred Astaire did not release any pop records. And I can Name some male artists that are better dancers than he is and they are Michael Jackson and Justin Timberlake. No one comes close.
Bruce Forsyth, he is an all-round entertainer dancer and singer, and he has released records too.

Written By: whitewolf on 05/14/05 at 7:04 pm

anybody but the three listed

Written By: Carrie on 05/14/05 at 9:08 pm

Is this a test?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/14/05 at 10:56 pm

Gregory Hines

Erin :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/15/05 at 1:28 am

Gene Kelly

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 05/15/05 at 4:17 am

Gene Kelly

Gene Kelly WAS NOT a pop singer.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/15/05 at 4:21 am

Gene Kelly WAS NOT a pop singer.
The question asked in the title of the thread is Which male Singer Would You Rate As The Best Dancer, there is no mention of pop music.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 05/15/05 at 12:47 pm

Michael Jackson (in his hey day) and Usher.

Tanya

Written By: Jennifer028 on 05/15/05 at 2:03 pm

Its a toss up between Michael Jackson and Justin..but justin copies michael alot.  Its ok cause he's a hottie!!

Written By: danootaandme on 05/15/05 at 2:50 pm

Its a toss up between Michael Jackson and Justin..but justin copies michael alot.  Its ok cause he's a hottie!!

Actually most of the pop singer/dancers today owe what they do to Michael Jackson.  Thriller really kicked it
into high gear.

Written By: woops on 05/15/05 at 10:09 pm

Michael Jackson WAS a great dancer

Axl Rose  ::)

Written By: Robbo on 05/15/05 at 10:30 pm

I don't buy this whole 'Michael Jackson WAS a great dancer' stuff. You can only get better with experience. Michael didn't perfect the moonwalk until the Bad tour. He stuffed it up completely on the Motown 25 peformance. Michael Jackson is a better dancer now then he was during the 'Thriller era'. People don't understand that Michael is not a different person, his talent is no less than it was years ago. Thriller was nothing compared to some of Michael's 90's and 00's music. I would rate Invincible as Michael's best album ever. Sales don't mean crap. Music makes the album, not sales.
Michael Jackson is the greatest artist of our time and in answering your question, I think Michael Jackson is the best dancer of all-time. He perfected everything and channelled it in a way no-one had ever done before. I'm a bit confused as to why Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly, Jacki Wilson or James Brown didn't make the list.

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/15/05 at 10:36 pm

Jacko and other:
Ricky Martin

Written By: Ansky1213 on 05/16/05 at 6:07 pm

Jackson, obviously. But you can't forget Usher or MC Hammer either (man oh man could he dance!)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/16/05 at 6:15 pm

Gregory Hines

Same here :) I never cared for watching Michael Jackson grabbing his crotch :P

Written By: Robbo on 05/18/05 at 4:57 am

Too bad over 500 MILLION people tuned in to watch Michael grab his crotch unmentionable times in the Black or White video.

Written By: bj26 on 05/18/05 at 10:50 am

In a sense, he who lived by the crotch, died by the crotch ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/18/05 at 11:01 am

In a sense, he who lived by the crotch, died by the crotch ;D
;DAnd yet somehow 500 million "Blind" fools "Get Off" watching a greedy pervert do this...amazing but HEY...that's "Screwball Nation" for ya :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/18/05 at 11:08 am

Too bad over 500 MILLION people tuned in to watch Michael grab his crotch unmentionable times in the Black or White video.

I for one...NEVER cared to see him grab his crotch....YICK!!!!!!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/18/05 at 11:11 am

I for one...NEVER cared to see him grab his crotch....YICK!!!!!!

Me and way more than 500 million agree with you, Erin ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/18/05 at 11:17 am

I don't understand how some people can be so hung up on this guy....I mean...even if he by chance DID NOT do what he is being accused of.....he is still a VERY STRANGE RANGER.....I mean, molesting boys or not...hiim dangling his child over a balcony, making them wear stuff over their face...etc....is enough evidence for me to know that the guy has problems.

Granted...I do LOVE some of his older music....when he was still at least "semi" normal.....but anymore....he isn't even the same person.....I feel sorry for anyone that has to resort to what he has made himself into...it's a shame.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/18/05 at 11:34 am

I feel sorry for anyone that has to resort to what he has made himself into...it's a shame.

Not to mention the poor people that blindly worship him/her/it

Written By: Robbo on 05/18/05 at 5:12 pm

I don't understand how some people can be so hung up on this guy....I mean...even if he by chance DID NOT do what he is being accused of.....he is still a VERY STRANGE RANGER.....I mean, molesting boys or not...hiim dangling his child over a balcony, making them wear stuff over their face...etc....is enough evidence for me to know that the guy has problems.

Granted...I do LOVE some of his older music....when he was still at least "semi" normal.....but anymore....he isn't even the same person.....I feel sorry for anyone that has to resort to what he has made himself into...it's a shame.

Don't you get it? The reason I love him is because he's so strange. I mean, don't you get bored with normal?

Also, about the baby dangling and the masks. Watch the "Footage you were never meant to see" it reveals alot. Martin Bashir edited the Living With MJ documentary, and the FYWNMTS shows the parts that were edited out. It was Debbie Rowe's idea to put vails over the children's faces. Also, Michael never said he only had 2 plastic surgeries. Martin Bahir edited up to this part "2.... as I can remember... yeah, 2". But if he woud've kept playing the tape... "Oh no, there was that time I got burnt on a pepsi commercial and I had a face reconstruction."

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/18/05 at 7:44 pm

Don't you get it? The reason I love him is because he's so strange. I mean, don't you get bored with normal?

Also, about the baby dangling and the masks. Watch the "Footage you were never meant to see" it reveals alot. Martin Bashir edited the Living With MJ documentary, and the FYWNMTS shows the parts that were edited out. It was Debbie Rowe's idea to put vails over the children's faces. Also, Michael never said he only had 2 plastic surgeries. Martin Bahir edited up to this part "2.... as I can remember... yeah, 2". But if he woud've kept playing the tape... "Oh no, there was that time I got burnt on a pepsi commercial and I had a face reconstruction."
Is it a "Trick" that we SEE the baby being dangled over the railing? I don't care what they edited out...I only care about what happened...he dangled his baby over the railing!!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/18/05 at 10:17 pm

Is it a "Trick" that we SEE the baby being dangled over the railing? I don't care what they edited out...I only care about what happened...he dangled his baby over the railing!!

I know....I mean...FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.....I of all people am totally for liking things that are "different from the norm" or "unusual"...but there is quite a difference between unusual...and plain FREAKISH!!

Erin

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/21/05 at 11:39 pm

Also, about the baby dangling and the masks. Watch the "Footage you were never meant to see" it reveals alot. Martin Bashir edited the Living With MJ documentary, and the FYWNMTS shows the parts that were edited out. 
THIS is what I meant about the dangling incident. You HAVE refused to comment on the actual act that he DID ;)

Written By: Robbo on 05/22/05 at 2:27 am

I never, ever in my life said the baby danglign thing was faked. You tabloid scum!!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/23/05 at 12:16 am

why are you a guest now Robbo?

Erin

Check for new replies or respond here...