inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Kylie Minogue has breast cancer.

Written By: Return of Jessica on 05/17/05 at 3:03 am

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=638&e=2&u=/nm/20050517/en_nm/leisure_australia_kylie_dc

I don't like her music, but that still sucks major monkey balls. :(

Subject: Re: Kylie Minogue has breast cancer.

Written By: Gis on 05/17/05 at 6:48 am

Wow. I'm really shocked by this news.I'm not a fan of her music but she seems such a nice and genuine person.Fingers crossed she recovers 100%

Written By: Paul on 05/17/05 at 7:41 am

Same here...no fan of her stuff, but it's a condition I wouldn't wish on anyone...

To her credit, it has been dignosed early...

Written By: karen on 05/17/05 at 7:43 am

just to echo everyone else really.  Don't care for her music much but not an illness to wish on anyone.

Written By: Stompgal on 05/17/05 at 8:34 am

I  like Kylie's music, but I also hopes she gets better.

Written By: redhead007 on 05/17/05 at 9:18 am

I  like Kylie's music, but I also hopes she gets better.

Same here. Get well soon, Kylie! :(

Written By: robocop 100th on 05/17/05 at 10:08 am

i heard that on the radio,
yes get well soon  Kylie,

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/17/05 at 10:13 am

My prayers are with her :\'(

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/17/05 at 3:59 pm

Get well soon, Kylie!

Written By: Howard on 05/17/05 at 4:47 pm

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/nm/20050517/mdf562119.jpg?x=233&y=345&sig=WT1WUt.AWKsueHxFXsHOMg--

I hope she gets better and has a speedy recovery! :(

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/17/05 at 5:29 pm

Bummer, she is very beautiful. :\'(

Written By: woops on 05/17/05 at 6:11 pm

I also hope she recovers.

:(

(Putting on her music video colection DVD)

Written By: Robbo on 05/18/05 at 5:02 am

I don't really care. I think it's a joke that all I've seen on the news lately is Kylie Minogue has breast cancer. My grandma died of breast cancer. They never said anything about her on the news. why do celebrities get huge amounts of news coverage when they become sick. Does the world stop everytime a celebrity gets sick? Of course I pray she recovers. My anger is not fer her, but the media that's reporting about it.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/18/05 at 7:19 am

My grandmother had to have a double mastectomy late in life and she survived.  She died of natural causes almost 15 yrs later.  There is always hope.  Get well soon, Kylie.

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 05/21/05 at 5:33 am

I don't really care. I think it's a joke that all I've seen on the news lately is Kylie Minogue has breast cancer. My grandma died of breast cancer. They never said anything about her on the news. why do celebrities get huge amounts of news coverage when they become sick. Does the world stop everytime a celebrity gets sick? Of course I pray she recovers. My anger is not fer her, but the media that's reporting about it.

While I agree with you that the media has gone totally nuts with their reporting of this - there is a positive that comes out of articles about celebrities with cancers - in particular breast cancer. That being the fact that mamogram centres across australia reported a rise of 500 percent in women coming in to be checked.  The more that get checked - the better chance of catching it early.

It also helps the cause for those of us who are Kylies age. In Australia - women under 40 are not entitled to the free mamograms that the over 40's are entitled to once per year.  The more publicity that sufferers under 40 get - the more chance we have of the government allowing us under 40s to have our free yearly tests.

On the other edge of the sword - the vultures - ie the paparazzi - who are camped outside her house waiting to get the first chemo hair loss photos - those guys make me utterly sick with contempt.

Kylies surgeon was on the news tonight - she has had a lumpectomy - just the breast - not the under arm glands. Starts chemo in a few days.

Get well soon Kyles - we are all holding on to our concert tiks awaiting the new dates !!

Written By: Mistress Leola on 05/21/05 at 10:49 am

Yeah, the fact is, some youngster who listens to her music may pay more attention to the issue of breast cancer now.

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/21/05 at 11:36 am

As far as the media is concerned, I've heard less about Kylie's cancer in the States than Deanna Favre's (Bret's wife). Is that because Kylie has not as popular here or that she corners herself in the Aussie media? Yahoo had a brief description, but that was it.  :-\\

Written By: Paul on 05/21/05 at 11:44 am

As far as the media is concerned, I've heard less about Kylie's cancer in the States than Deanna Favre's (Bret's wife). Is that because Kylie has not as popular here or that she corners herself in the Aussie media? Yahoo had a brief description, but that was it.  :-\\

No, I don't think she really cracked it big in the States, Jonathan...

Almost everywhere else, however...

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/22/08 at 7:29 am

After performing at the opening of a new (large) hotel in Dubia, she looks well recovered from the ailment.

Written By: thereshegoes on 11/22/08 at 9:32 am

After performing at the opening of a new (large) hotel in Dubia, she looks well recovered from the ailment.

She looks even prettier these days :)

Written By: whistledog on 11/22/08 at 12:06 pm

She does look pretty good.  Her last album 'X' to me was her best ever

Check for new replies or respond here...