inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: When will that "Bubblegum Pop Rap" fad end?

Written By: Kyle on 05/17/05 at 5:46 pm

Aren't you getting sick of all this worthless "bubblegum pop rap" garbage.  All it does it makes people want to have sex and do lots of so-called "naughty" stuff.  I say it will start to die down anytime between the end of this year and 2007, and it wil be totally gone by 2012.  Then, hopefully, we might go back to the good stuff from the '90s, or some other type of weird music, such as alternative mixed with dance will take its place.  What do you think!

Subject: Re: When will that "Bubblegum Pop Rap" fad end?

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/17/05 at 6:00 pm

Unfortunately for us, it's here to stay. Even if it does fade out, like say, next year, it'll always be seething from below. :P

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/17/05 at 8:34 pm

Who knows, hopefully soon.

Written By: Robbo on 05/18/05 at 4:54 am

August, 2005.

^ You can count on it!  ;)

Written By: Apricot on 05/18/05 at 5:30 am

DUDE! THAT'S WHATI CALL IT TOO!

Bubblegum Rap sucks. That whole "oooh, look at us. We're talking about SEX... ON THE RADIO!!!!" thing gets old.

I hope it dies soon, but it might or might not. We'll see. Hopefully, we get an era of not-suck. But if you look at today's non-rap pop acts, we don't have a good future ahead of us. Most likely an EMO/Teen Romance mess.

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/18/05 at 5:31 am

I voted for 2008 - but purely as a guess. By then, I figure the "1999 influenced" culture and music will be pretty much gone (it's disappearing more now, but it's still prevalent).

Seriously though, even though I'm not exactly a fan of that stuff, I'll take bubblegum rap anyday over gangsta rap, or -- worst of all -- rap/metal! ;D

MC Hammer-ish stuff, but updated with a modern sound would be cool.

Check for new replies or respond here...