inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Whatever Happened to Good Old-Fashioned Free TV!

Written By: Kyle on 05/17/05 at 5:58 pm

Haven't have noticed in the past couple of years, Nickelodeon had turned into more of a Disney Channel with a little bit of Cartoon Network into to it.  The same thing with the Disney channel which is turning into another version of the WB! I never watch noggin any more because it's a bunch of crap!  I wish today's networks will start to shape up, and be the old ways.  Why's that happening?

Subject: Re: What Happened to Mainstream TV!

Written By: woops on 05/17/05 at 6:44 pm

Blame it all on MTV  ::)  :P

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/17/05 at 7:15 pm

I think I've seen 1 hour of TV this week - The Simpsons (which sucked) and Family Guy (old episode - we don't have the new ones yet). Too much reality, bad sitcoms and crappy police/criminal investigation dramas.  :P

Written By: Everlong on 05/17/05 at 8:36 pm

Bleh, I think I television nowadays is probably as detrimental to our brains as marijuana, without any of the fun side-effects.  I do like the History Channel though.

Written By: Kyle on 05/18/05 at 6:54 pm

I think I've seen 1 hour of TV this week - The Simpsons (which sucked) and Family Guy (old episode - we don't have the new ones yet). Too much reality, bad sitcoms and crappy police/criminal investigation dramas.  :P

Ditto!  But I do think today's police/murder investigation shows are pretty good, but COPS are the best.  I wish that show will come back on the air with brand new episodes.  Another genre of TV shows I like is those hospital shows.  It has very good suspense and drama to it, and it's somewhat educational.  :)  Good for school!

Written By: zcrito on 05/18/05 at 10:36 pm

Bleh, I think I television nowadays is probably as detrimental to our brains as marijuana, without any of the fun side-effects.  I do like the History Channel though.

I find myself watching the History Channel quite often, too. It's even more interesting when it's in its Hitler Channel mode.
Who can pass on a documentary about Adolph ?
:)

Written By: NullandVoid on 05/19/05 at 3:36 pm

I stick to the New York 1 (news). Any other time I'm watching all of the nerdy channels
Discovery Health. times and science channel
Animal Planet
The National Geographic Channel
and being a gamer, I watch G4Tech TV whenever I have free time.

evrything else is irrelevant

Written By: woops on 05/20/05 at 1:26 am

I mostly watch Cartoon Network's "Adult Swim", Comedy Central, and "Family Guy" on Fox.  :)

That's much it. Sometimes "The Suite Life" for the talented Ashley Tisdale once in a while and repeats of "Married...with Children" and music DVDs.

Written By: Kyle on 05/20/05 at 6:01 pm

I stick to the New York 1 (news). Any other time I'm watching all of the nerdy channels
Discovery Health. times and science channel
Animal Planet
The National Geographic Channel
and being a gamer, I watch G4Tech TV whenever I have free time.

evrything else is irrelevant

That's sound a lot like me!  I turn on Discovery Health like all the time, especially when there is some sort of a cool plastic surgery or choking incident.  The Science channel  is OK too; it is a lot better than Discovery Kids, which is too preteenish.  :D GSN is OK too, especially when they're showing Who Wants to Be A Millionaire.  Otherwise, I just watch the black screen that plays music all the time.  Very interesting!  :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/20/05 at 6:44 pm

The title of this thread should be: "Whatever Happened To Free TV?" :(

Check for new replies or respond here...