inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Jessica Simpson's "Boots"

Written By: racer on 05/20/05 at 11:35 am

Looks like Jessica Simpson will do a remake of Nancy Sinatra's "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'" for the Dukes of Hazzard movie. It is going to be the first single from the soundtrack. Simpson also wrote a new set of lyrics for the song to reflect the movie. With producers Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis behind the beats, it should be a hit this summer.

I'm still rejoicing over the fact that Jessica beat out Britney "Trash Bag" Spears for the role. 

Subject: Re: Jessica Simpson's "Boots"

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 05/20/05 at 11:46 am

Nancy Sinatra's "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'"

Oh. she's going to ruin that too. Like "Take my Breath Away".

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/20/05 at 12:17 pm

Oh. she's going to ruin that too. Like "Take my Breath Away".

You mean she covered "Take My Breat Away," by Berlin, theme from "Top Gun"?  Yeah, it would take Jessica Simpson to actually "ruin" that song!  The song Simpson ought to cover is that the one Oscar the Grouch used to sing on "Sesame Street," "I love trash"!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/20/05 at 4:28 pm

I've resigned myself to the fact that remakes are being made more now than ever...and I can't stand most of them. The only one I liked better than the original was Phil Collins' 1982 remake of the Supremes "You Can't Hurry Love"

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/20/05 at 5:33 pm

We don't need another redo of "Boots", especially from that bimbette. Lisa Germano was the only artist that did it any justice, IMHO.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/20/05 at 7:01 pm

You can't be serious....  ::)

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/20/05 at 7:04 pm

Yes, I can. You have something against Lisa you want to divulge? Or are you just an admirer of no talent Jessica?::)
You can't be serious....  ::)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/20/05 at 8:03 pm

I am soooo sick of hearing and seeing anything that has to do with these Simpson sisters.....they both SUCK big time....they are talentless....and in my opinion...nothing to look at.....they are so annoying, as is their father/manager....UG!

Erin :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/21/05 at 10:35 am

Yes, I can. You have something against Lisa you want to divulge? Or are you just an admirer of no talent Jessica?::)

I was taking about Jessica's version.  ::)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/21/05 at 9:45 pm

I am soooo sick of hearing and seeing anything that has to do with these Simpson sisters.....they both SUCK big time....they are talentless....and in my opinion...nothing to look at.....they are so annoying, as is their father/manager....UG!

Erin :)

Amen.

~Beth

Written By: whistledog on 01/30/06 at 6:08 pm

I just saw a T-Shirt in a store that on the front of it says "Ashlee sucks" and on the back, it said "Jessica swallows"  ;D ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 01/31/06 at 5:22 am

[quote author=whis

Check for new replies or respond here...