inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What's After Mainstream Rap

Written By: Kyle on 05/20/05 at 6:39 pm

This topic always tend to interests me -- what the music would be like in the future; like the next 5-10 years.  I say after mainstream "bubblegum" rap - it will change to more of a punk-rock/emo/teen romance type thing, which will continue on 'til about 2007.  During that time, we might also have late '90s holdovers, and pop might gradually get back in style.  Just plain 'ol pop; not that crappy - I mean cheesy preteen stuff.  I also heard swing might comeback with '60s music too.  2007 is when a brand new type pf music might come in, kind of resembling what it might be by the year 2013.  It'll probably be something cheesy with alternative with dance or jazz with disco.  2009; Bubblegum pop and rap (like in 2001) might come back as a brand new style.  The boy band thing might get ditty again and may enter the mainstream.  That's what I have to say.  Reply, soon!

Subject: Re: What's After Mainstream Rap

Written By: cancemini2real on 05/21/05 at 11:29 pm

I don't know with so many types of music genres, popping up left and right, don't be surprised if Luciano Pavarotti belts out his operatic rendition of NWA's "Straight Outta Compton"  ???

Check for new replies or respond here...