inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Brand Spankin' New Music Videos

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/21/05 at 7:17 am

What NEW music videos have you seen recently? Have you caught the exclusive first play of something which will turn out to be the biggest hit of the year? Post your exclusives here!

Subject: Re: Brand Spankin' New Music Videos

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/21/05 at 7:21 am

I'll start off. Over here in the UK I caught the first play of Green Day's 'Wake Me Up When September Ends' yesterday. I love it. The video's a bit long, though!

Written By: chaka on 05/21/05 at 9:34 am

^Haven't seen that one yet
Is it any good?

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/21/05 at 10:28 am

^Haven't seen that one yet
Is it any good?

It opens up with this lad and this girl (both about 20) saying how much they love each other and how they're never gonna leave each other. They're standing in this field. After about 3 minutes of lovey-dovey crap, the song starts and then it just shows you them kissing, having fun, kissing some more, hanging out, even more kissing. And then (gasp) the song stops half way through and it cuts to a scene where the girl is in floods of tears and the boy is sitting on a bench, and she's standing shouting 'Please tell me you didn't do it' and 'oh my god' over and over (she also whallops him). Then the boy loses it with her and starts screaming back 'i thought of all people you would understand' and leaves her crying on the porch. The song starts again and it shows you the boy in the army, out defending a village during a war, and the girl looking non too chuffed back home. And then right at the end, the girl sits on this stand and then this dub comes on over the song, which is her repeating what she said to the boy originally; "no matter what, i'll never leave you". And... it fades  :\'(
Deserves an oscar, and some editing

Written By: chaka on 05/21/05 at 10:32 am

It opens up with this lad and this girl (both about 20) saying how much they love each other and how they're never gonna leave each other. They're standing in this field. After about 3 minutes of lovey-dovey crap, the song starts and then it just shows you them kissing, having fun, kissing some more, hanging out, even more kissing. And then (gasp) the song stops half way through and it cuts to a scene where the girl is in floods of tears and the boy is sitting on a bench, and she's standing shouting 'Please tell me you didn't do it' and 'oh my god' over and over (she also whallops him). Then the boy loses it with her and starts screaming back 'i thought of all people you would understand' and leaves her crying on the porch. The song starts again and it shows you the boy in the army, out defending a village during a war, and the girl looking non too chuffed back home. And then right at the end, the girl sits on this stand and then this dub comes on over the song, which is her repeating what she said to the boy originally; "no matter what, i'll never leave you". And... it fades  :\'(
Deserves an oscar, and some editing

Thanx for that nice description ;)

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/21/05 at 10:55 am

LOL! I've just seen the coolest new music video. I just hope other members from the UK get the humour in it.
It's by a group called 'Poker Pets', and it's basically all these plasticine animals taking the p!$$ out of famous dance videos.
At the beginning, they take the micky out of the Eric Prydz 'Call On Me' video, then they parody the Uniting Nation's 'Out Of Touch' video, and then the Benny Benatti 'Satisfaction' video. Oh, then a cat comes along at the very end and urinates on the cassette player.

Written By: chaka on 05/21/05 at 12:53 pm

LOL! I've just seen the coolest new music video. I just hope other members from the UK get the humour in it.
It's by a group called 'Poker Pets', and it's basically all these plasticine animals taking the p!$$ out of famous dance videos.
At the beginning, they take the micky out of the Eric Prydz 'Call On Me' video, then they parody the Uniting Nation's 'Out Of Touch' video, and then the Benny Benatti 'Satisfaction' video. Oh, then a cat comes along at the very end and urinates on the cassette player.

Sounds great ;D

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/21/05 at 7:22 pm

Other brand new videos i've caught first plays of....

Mario - Here I Go Again
Jem - Just A Ride
Fatboy Slim - Don't Let The Man...
Stereophonics - Superman

Also caught wind of U2's next release from their album, but I have yet to see Coldplay's 'Speed Of Light' video (if there is one)

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/22/05 at 6:40 am

One of the music channels this morning showed the "exclusive" first play of Foo Fighter's new video 'Best Of You', even though I saw that video last week, and heard it on the radio a good few weeks ago

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/22/05 at 7:45 am

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! Run for the hills! Charlotte Church is launching a pop career! Her debut solo single is called 'Crazy Chick' and guess what - it stinks...
Also, there's yet another Usher/Mario wanabe coming out called Bobby Valentino. His debut release is called 'Slow Down' and if you've heard Usher and Mario's singles, you've heard this one

Written By: woops on 05/22/05 at 11:09 pm

Nine Inch Nails "Bite The Hand Hand That Feeds"... ok NIN song, but the video looked cheesy. Might've looked cool in 1995, but looks plain sloppy.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/24/05 at 6:14 am

Nine Inch Nails "Bite The Hand Hand That Feeds"... ok NIN song, but the video looked cheesy. Might've looked cool in 1995, but looks plain sloppy.

Wow, a video even I haven't seen! I wonder if it's even been aired over here in the UK yet...

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/25/05 at 5:12 am

Finally! I've caught the video for Coldplay's 'Speed Of Light' - what a disappointment  :(
After all the hype I was expecting something more than them standing infront of a colourful screen. blah

Written By: chaka on 05/25/05 at 8:21 am

Finally! I've caught the video for Coldplay's 'Speed Of Light' - what a disappointment  :(
After all the hype I was expecting something more than them standing infront of a colourful screen. blah

sounds very boring...but main thing is,the song is good :)

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/25/05 at 8:22 am

Just caught Basement Jaxx's new one "You Don't Know Me" song is meh, but the video is hilarious.
Picture it, people, the Queen Of England dancing around buckingham palace!  ;D  Priceless!

Written By: chaka on 05/25/05 at 8:23 am

Just caught Basement Jaxx's new one "You Don't Know Me" song is meh, but the video is hilarious.
Picture it, people, the Queen Of England dancing around buckingham palace!  ;D  Priceless!

gotta see that one :D

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/29/05 at 2:00 pm

Caught a minute or so of Fightstar's new one (yeah, like anybody cares!). Don't know, nor do I care what it's called but it sounds almost identical to 'Palahnuik's Laughter'

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 06/01/05 at 8:12 am

Hang on to your seatbelts, folks... it's time for another DAK worldwide

EXCLUSIVE!

Caught the first play of U2's next release from their number one "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" album, it's called "City Of BLinding Lights", and the videos just the band performing it live to a crowd... pretty 'meh', all in all, but a good song  :)

Written By: chaka on 06/01/05 at 8:13 am

Hang on to your seatbelts, folks... it's time for another DAK worldwide

EXCLUSIVE!

Caught the first play of U2's next release from their number one "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" album, it's called "City Of BLinding Lights", and the videos just the band performing it live to a crowd... pretty 'meh', all in all, but a good song  :)

GREAT SONG!!
love the part:
oh you look so beautiful tonight....  8)

Check for new replies or respond here...