inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What year in the 2000's will you go back to?

Written By: Kyle on 05/21/05 at 5:21 pm

I say 2002 because that's when I was in the 6th grade and I was still a kid, but did have some teenage moralties in me at the time, too.  Also, I had my second most favorite teacher of all time, Mrs. Marinucci teaching me algebra and reading The Phantom Tollbooth to the class.

With pop culture, it was also a big year of change.  Mainstream rap is starting to kick in, but that "good but cheesy" bubblegum pop is still in the mainstream, too.  I'd also remember red moutain dew  :D and that "retarded Band-Aid" look.  :P

Subject: Re: What year in the 2000's will you go back to?

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/21/05 at 7:53 pm

2003 brings back some good memories, but then again so did 2002.
However, under NO CIRCUMSTANCES would I EVER even consider reliving 2004-05. My opinions on these years is UNPRINTABLE

Written By: jersey_bwoy2078 on 05/21/05 at 10:44 pm

1999 was a cool time for me because I turned 21 and I did a whole lot of partying in the summer.  It was also the year of my last year of college.  I want to go back to when I used to play videogames and get drunk in the dorms with several of my friends, the remaining few who lived in the dorms after everyone else went home that summer.  That was the best part, having the whole dorms  pretty much to yourself.
2002  was cool the whole year because I had great friends, I stayed in Canada for a whole month, and New Jersey.  February, April, June, July, and August were the best months of that year.  8)

Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 05/22/05 at 5:04 am

From an historical and Pop Culture standpoint, so far, 2003.

Space Shuttle Columbia Crash
Start of the War in Iraq
Freddy vs. Jason/Meeting between two icons of horror.
The Northeast blackout
Britney-Madonna Kiss
The California Governor Recall Fiasco
Arnold Schwarzenegger new Governor of California
California Wildfires
Saddam finally captured
The Lord of the Rings trilogy finally complete

Not quite what year I want to go back to so far, just the most interesrting year world event and pop culture wise.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/22/05 at 8:28 am

2003-the year I married my best friend. Unlike a lot of horror stories I have heard, we had fun planning it and even more fun celebrating it.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...