inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is Paris Hilton illiterate?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/22/05 at 2:10 pm

Ganked from take40.com

Paris Hilton Can't Read the Menu

Actress/socialite Paris Hilton refuses to read restaurant menus herself, according to pal Pamela Anderson. The friends were dining together recently when Paris asked their waiter to read the contents of the menu out loud to her. Pamela said of the incident: "She's funny. "Last time I met her we were in a restaurant together - she slammed the menu down and screamed: 'I hate reading! Someone tell me what's on the menu!' "I mean, I'm blonde but c'mon."

I heard this rumor yesterday, so I looked it up.  I wouldn't call the sources I found exactly "affirmative," but is it true, or exaggeration?
It is possible for one so rich, so dumb, and so spoiled to get by in life without reading, but would the family want to put up with such an embarrassment?  If they couldn't or wouldn't get her the remedial help she needed to be able to read a restaurant menu, there's something really sick going on. 
And why do I care, anyway?
???
And when Pam Anderson says you're dumb, you're dumb!
:P

Subject: Re: Is Paris Hilton illiterate?

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/22/05 at 2:18 pm

If this is true, it's a perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black. As much as I dislike Paris, I dislike Pam even more.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/22/05 at 2:44 pm

If this is true, it's a perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black. As much as I dislike Paris, I dislike Pam even more.

By what criteria?
::)

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/22/05 at 3:13 pm

Fakiness, Paris is fake personality wise, and Pamela is just plastic all over.  ;)
By what criteria?
::)

Written By: Kenlos on 05/22/05 at 4:10 pm

I agree, it amazes me how the public can embrace people like them.  I don't even think they are all that good looking.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/22/05 at 8:30 pm

Paris is a robot.....  ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/22/05 at 8:42 pm

That's insane. It's bad enough when celebrities who actually DO something expect special treatment, but she was born into wealth....she didn't have to work for anything. Now she's trying to give herself a point of staying famous by horribly "acting" in movies, and making the occasional cd. *throws arms in the air* JUST STOP! Not everyone has talent...no use pretending that you do. God, hollywood and celebrities are soo overrated.

~Beth

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/23/05 at 12:18 am

That's insane. It's bad enough when celebrities who actually DO something expect special treatment, but she was born into wealth....she didn't have to work for anything. Now she's trying to give herself a point of staying famous by horribly "acting" in movies, and making the occasional cd. *throws arms in the air* JUST STOP! Not everyone has talent...no use pretending that you do. God, hollywood and celebrities are soo overrated.

~Beth

I know of a fellow just like Paris, but instead of the movies, he went into politics...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/5f/180px-GW-Bush-in-uniform.jpg

Written By: Maddie's The Boss on 05/23/05 at 12:54 am

Life imitates art!  :D

Paris Hilton's IQ, which is of a pea, is no different than London Tipton, from "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody" or maybe Hillary Banks from "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air"  ::)  :D  ;D

Written By: Gis on 05/23/05 at 5:12 am

This could just be gossip but I read Paris Hilton Spends $65,000 a year buying blue contacts because her eyes are really brown.............

Written By: Apricot on 05/23/05 at 5:33 am

This could just be gossip but I read Paris Hilton Spends $65,000 a year buying blue contacts because her eyes are really brown.............

Shoot, normal people do that for a lot less.

Is there some rule that the weathier you are, the more you have to spend?  ???

Written By: Apricot on 05/23/05 at 5:37 am

I know of a fellow just like Paris, but instead of the movies, he went into politics...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/5f/180px-GW-Bush-in-uniform.jpg

http://70.84.190.115/3271/30/emo/Oh_No_He_Didn%27t%21.JPG

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/23/05 at 5:41 am

Sixty five f***ing thousand??!! Sh*t I'd be lucky to earn that in the space of 2 years  :P >:(

Written By: Apricot on 05/23/05 at 5:43 am

Sixty five f***ing thousand??!! Sh*t, I'd be lucky to earn that in the space of 2 years  :P >:(

Think about it.. two years of your salary on making her eyes a different color. That's INSANE.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/23/05 at 5:44 am

Think about it.. two years of your salary on making her eyes a different color. That's INSANE.
Well, as long as her eyes are absolutely perfect, then why should I complain?  ::)

Written By: Apricot on 05/23/05 at 5:48 am

I agree, it amazes me how the public can embrace people like them.  I don't even think they are all that good looking.

Thanks! I KNEW I wasn't alone.

Written By: holicman on 05/23/05 at 6:24 am

Paris Hilton is a filthy bimbo skank with no brain or concept of integrity or respect for anyone or anything.

I would not touch her with a 10 foot pole unless poking her body to make sure she was dead.

My brother made a comment to me once.
he stated "im sure you would sleep with her if you were drunk" which i stated " I may not have a girlfriend and lonely as hell........but i do have standards".

Im sorry but Paris you are a filthy Ho............god knows what diseases you are carrying down there.

IF she is Illiterate, then thank god she cant read this LOL !

I beleive she is illiterate..............i dont believe she has read anything about her in the papers,because she doesnt understand !

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/23/05 at 6:30 am

Reminds me of the South Park episode last week (yes, we are about a year behind the US) The one with Paris Hilton.  ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/23/05 at 11:54 am

Paris Hilton is a filthy bimbo skank with no brain or concept of integrity or respect for anyone or anything.

I would not touch her with a 10 foot pole unless poking her body to make sure she was dead.

he stated "im sure you would sleep with her if you were drunk" which i stated " I may not have a girlfriend and lonely as hell........but i do have standards".

Im sorry but Paris you are a filthy Ho............god knows what diseases you are carrying down there.

I beleive she is illiterate..............i dont believe she has read anything about her in the papers,because she doesnt understand !

*Snap* *snap* *Snap*

Mmhmmm....preach it! Preach da trufe!

~Beth

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/23/05 at 7:57 pm

If PH wanted to show ME a good time, I'd....I'd...well what's the use, just a hypothetical, right?  Anyway, she'd have to SHOW me 'coz she sure don't have the vocabulary to TELL!

Anyway, I saw the Carl's, Jr. ad discussed on TV.  We don't have Carl's, Jr. out this way so Bill O'Reilly has to give us a screening!
What's the difference between eating a Carl's, Jr and eating a Paris Hilton?
The Carl's, Jr. is smarter and you can be sure a thousand other guys didn't eat the Carl's, Jr. before you!
:P

Written By: Jeffpcmt on 05/24/05 at 1:26 am

I have a feeling that Paris Hilton putting one over on the public.  I dont think she is as dumb as she wants everyone to think.  Its probably just a ploy to get more attention.  Publicity for Paris whether it is good or bad is GREAT for business. 

Think about it.  You have to admit she is a very smart and shrewd businesswoman.  She certainly sells herself well.  She certainly must rake in millions for herself from her TV shows, movies, modeling gigs, product lines and appearances.  By now she probably doesnt need the inheritance she is due to receive.  Ill still give her lots of credit.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/24/05 at 9:53 am

The only words Paris Hilton can read are the names of the expensive brands she buys. What I don't like is after doing two series' of the 'Simple Life' she goes on about how she 'knows how it feels' to be poor, etc.etc. But then again to rich people being poor means driving your Bentley to the Spring Carnival instead of hiring a chauffuer.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/24/05 at 10:01 am

Paris is a robot.....  ;D

The thing is robots are usually intelligent beings.

This dumb TART is as thick as pigs shxx

..and if I had my way, I'd like to see her in a chain-gang in orange uniform, with her lousy stinking nails all  full of grime and her candy floss hair covered in dirt and sweat - the lazy phoney b3$£&   ;D

Written By: chaka on 05/24/05 at 10:03 am

believe me,she's far worse!!

Written By: darktower on 05/26/05 at 2:47 pm

Speaking of her eyes, as some were, try looking at them sometime on TV. Who was it who said "There's no there there"?

Written By: supercute on 05/26/05 at 10:55 pm

Thanks to Paris Hilton's great example, now we have an essay included in the new SAT.  ::)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/27/05 at 12:12 am

I accidently ran over a rock while backing out of the driveway that has a better IQ than her.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/27/05 at 1:26 am

Never underestimate America's ongoing love affair with the Dumb Blonde. 
Dumb blondes do quite well in America, famous or not!

Check for new replies or respond here...