inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: First Too Many Flit-Boy Threads...Now An Explosion Of American Idol Threads!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/25/05 at 9:35 pm

Hey, a couple are okay, three is kinda alright but...what's with all the American Idol threads...anyone?

Subject: Re: First Too Many Flit-Boy Threads...Now An Explosion Of American Idol Threads!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/25/05 at 9:37 pm

well i made a new one tonight that read "American Idol--spoiler" because I know there are time differences and some people get very anal whenever you spoil the surprise of something for them.......then 5 minutes later there was one that said, "Carrie Underwood wins Idol".....and it was followed by one about Bo Bice.

Erin :)

Subject: Re: First Too Many Flit-Boy Threads...Now An Explosion Of American Idol Threads!

Written By: Debbie Does Malice on 05/25/05 at 9:38 pm

What's a "Flit-Boy"?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/25/05 at 9:45 pm

well i made a new one tonight that read "American Idol--spoiler" because I know there are time differences and some people get very anal whenever you spoil the surprise of something for them.......then 5 minutes later there was one that said, "Carrie Underwood wins Idol".....and it was followed by one about Bo Bice.

It's cool Erin, I was just wondering ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/25/05 at 10:04 pm

What's a "Flit-Boy"?
mrmanly45@cs.com Write this guy...a DJ who first coined the phrase, and he'll explain ;)

Written By: Apricot on 05/26/05 at 5:26 am

Hey, a couple are okay, three is kinda alright but...what's with all the American Idol threads...anyone?

The best thing to do is to not respond to any. They'll die off, and it's not like they're bumping important threads.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/26/05 at 5:48 pm

I wonder y they couldn't all just stick to the original American Idol thread  ???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/26/05 at 6:15 pm

Flit-boy is a derogatory term used to undermine homosexuals.

Thank you.  I already told R&R fan once about this, but he didn't listen.

Anyway, "American Idol" is just another affirmation of Gore Vidal's proclamation 35 years ago: "Television is a barrel with no bottom." 

Bo Bice sings "Sweet Home Alabama" and Carrie Christian (or what's her puss) sings "Let Freedom Ring."  Whooo-weee, talk about right-wing redneck central!  Retch retch retch!
"Bo Bice" sounds like one of those funny looking creatures with one line in "Revenge of the Sith"!
:P

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/26/05 at 6:54 pm

Thank you.  I already told R&R fan once about this, but he didn't listen.

refresh my memory?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/26/05 at 8:19 pm

I wonder y they couldn't all just stick to the original American Idol thread   ???

As I quoted above.....the reason I didn't put it in the regular AI thread is because of the time differences.....I started a new one that said American Idol--spoiler...because some people get real anal when you ruin it by telling who won...before they can watch it themselves....that is why.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/27/05 at 11:47 am

As I quoted above.....the reason I didn't put it in the regular AI thread is because of the time differences.....I started a new one that said American Idol--spoiler...because some people get real anal when you ruin it by telling who won...before they can watch it themselves....that is why.

Hmm....yes but then that would just be their own fault.....If u don't want the surprise ruined, then don't go to the thread where u KNOW someone will say something about it.  Easy as pie!!!

btw, looks like most of the new AI threads were started by guests

Written By: jiminy on 05/29/05 at 6:56 am

http://www.lausd.k12.ca.us/Kennedy_HS/students/spring_2002/chrisstipin.jpg

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/29/05 at 9:10 am

http://www.lausd.k12.ca.us/Kennedy_HS/students/spring_2002/chrisstipin.jpg

That was a funny skit on SNL!  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...