inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Serenity

Written By: Kryllith on 05/26/05 at 8:21 am

So I'm going down to Dallas today to see the Serenity sneak preview four months before it's official release. Woo me! :) Anyone else planning on seeing this movie in September (or going to see one of the sneak previews)?

Kryllith

Subject: Re: Serenity

Written By: FireBrand79 on 06/03/05 at 4:31 am

Yes,I plan on seeing it.Me and my mother loved "FireFly" and were upset when it was cancelled but got happy when we heard about "Serenity".So yea,i can't wait for it to come out.

Written By: Kryllith on 06/03/05 at 7:56 am

Nice to find another fan. There are quite a few around here, but then that's typically because most of us introduced the show to each other. I only started watching Firefly last year and ended up loving it. Thus far, everyone I've shown it to has had pretty much the same reaction. Pity Fox killed the series off before more people had a chance to see it.

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/03/05 at 8:35 am

I saw the trailer for that on imDB. It looks boring. Probably won't be another Star Wars saga, but I don't believe there will be anything like Star Wars again.

Written By: Kryllith on 06/03/05 at 9:10 am

Actually the movie was excellent. The movie was designed to allow the uninitiated to follow and enjoy the story; however, I imagine it's far better if you've seen the show. As for Star Wars... well one of the best things about Firefly has always been the character interaction and dialogue, something that the Star Wars prequels were heavily lacking. That's an easy rip, but this is coming from someone who is a huge Star Wars fan and staunch supporter of all the movies (including the prequels).

Kryllith

Written By: Kryllith on 07/19/05 at 11:09 am

Just thought I'd let everyone know that Sci-Fi network will be playing the Firefly series on Friday nights (7/6 central) starting just a few days from now (22nd). If you've not seen it and enjoy a good sci-fi, I highly recommend checking it out.

Check for new replies or respond here...