inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Crazy Frog Is Number 1

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/29/05 at 1:08 pm

Yes, the unthinkable has just occured. The Crazy Frog has entered the UK Top 40 at number one, beating Coldplay's 'Speed Of Sound' (Number 2). No bs, check out http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/top40.shtml for the full chart listing.
This is indeed a sad, sad day for the UK charts. Let us comemorate a time when good songs actually used to get to number one, and kiss goodbye to that little bit of dignity that has now been completely sucked out of the charts by a little 'bim'-ing frog riding an invisible motorbike  :\'(

Subject: Re: Crazy Frog Is Number 1

Written By: Paul on 05/29/05 at 6:41 pm

Yes, the unthinkable has just occured. The Crazy Frog has entered the UK Top 40 at number one, beating Coldplay's 'Speed Of Sound' (Number 2).

This is indeed a sad, sad day for the UK charts. Let us comemorate a time when good songs actually used to get to number one, and kiss goodbye to that little bit of dignity that has now been completely sucked out of the charts by a little 'bim'-ing frog riding an invisible motorbike  :\'(

What? Like Joe Dolce's 'Shaddup You Face' for instance...?!

(Actually that's probably a magnum opus comapred to that frog thing...!)

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/29/05 at 6:50 pm

What? Like Joe Dolce's 'Shaddup You Face' for instance...?!

(Actually that's probably a magnum opus comapred to that frog thing...!)

Joe Dolce's 'Shaddup You Face' is a musical masterpiece in G Minor compared to the Crazy Frog. Good number ones include Bohemian Rhapsody for instance, whilst I could be sitting here all night listing all the terrible number ones (anyone remember the macarena? number one for 16 weeks in the US!). We brits have had some god awful number ones in our time - but THIS?! This is going a bit too far...

Written By: EthanM on 05/29/05 at 6:56 pm

I thought crazy frog was just a ringtone

Written By: Paul on 05/29/05 at 6:57 pm

'Twas...until the marketing men (and an obviously brainless British public) decided otherwise...

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/29/05 at 6:59 pm

it was but some smart arse decided to remix it and stick it over that old Axel F tune, and bingo - you've got yourself a song which meatheads and pre-teens all over the country will go mad for.
Radio one also interviewed the sad act who actually sits and makes the frog noises (He's Swedish, btw), and he really didn't seem to care that he had got to number one. Yet, poor Coldplay still have yet to get their first UK number one thanks to this piece of crap clogging up the number one spot. Life's unfair like that, isn't it  :(

Written By: Alchoholica on 05/29/05 at 7:12 pm

You do realise that if you tried really freakin hard.. you could get to number one. It requires you to sell.. well.. not many bloody cd's.

The singles chart is a joke.. of course the whole Pop Music Industry is just a joke to me  ;D

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/29/05 at 7:14 pm

You do realise that if you tried really freakin hard.. you could get to number one. It requires you to sell.. well.. not many bloody cd's.

The singles chart is a joke.. of course the whole Pop Music Industry is just a joke to me  ;D

Unfortunately the UK singles chart is always going to be infested by tripe. it's been headed downhill since the 90s, with the lowest point being the chart year of 99 (how many novelty number ones can you have in a year, seriously?), it started to pick back up in the 2000s, but now it seems to be digressing again  :(

Written By: EthanM on 05/29/05 at 9:11 pm

Is the crazy frog song the one that's basically untintelligible and then has "technology" in there somewhere? its in an ipod commercial that was just on

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/29/05 at 9:28 pm

I can see only one song on there worth liking.  :-\\ Coldplay's Speed of Sound

Written By: NullandVoid on 05/29/05 at 10:24 pm

What is crazy frog?? anybody have a link to a sound bite of this thing? Curiosity is killing me!

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/30/05 at 5:25 am

What is crazy frog?? anybody have a link to a sound bite of this thing? Curiosity is killing me!

It's this little frog thing that used to be a ringtone. it's sits and goes bim-bim-bim and makes motorbike noises and rides an invisible motorbike. Well-thought out, I know  ::)

Here is a picture. Feel free to stab it, burn it or rip it into teeny tiny pieces at will...

Written By: goodsin on 05/30/05 at 5:42 am

I'm sure if you go to the Jamster website, they'll have it there. They had the Swedish guy who does the voices on breakfast TV the other day in the UK, they held a phone vote as to whether the frog was cool or annoying; 70% of those who voted said it was annoying, so he had to eat some gruesome English "delicacy" for breakfast (might have been black pudding, can't remember) as punishment. Later, on another show, they took him out in public to answer for his 'crimes against humanity'- several memebers of the public had to be restrained from attacking him, when they learnt what he was responsible for...

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/30/05 at 5:49 am

I'm sure if you go to the Jamster website, they'll have it there. They had the Swedish guy who does the voices on breakfast TV the other day in the UK, they held a phone vote as to whether the frog was cool or annoying; 70% of those who voted said it was annoying, so he had to eat some gruesome English "delicacy" for breakfast (might have been black pudding, can't remember) as punishment. Later, on another show, they took him out in public to answer for his 'crimes against humanity'- several memebers of the public had to be restrained from attacking him, when they learnt what he was responsible for...

Wow, I missed that! The Swedish guy who does the voice was interviewed on the radio yesterday (Radio 1), and when he was asked if he was pleased with his number one, all he said was "yes, it is good". I'll tell you something they would NOT have been able to restrain me if he'd came walking round my street...  >:(

Written By: goodsin on 05/30/05 at 6:01 am

Wow, I missed that! The Swedish guy who does the voice was interviewed on the radio yesterday (Radio 1), and when he was asked if he was pleased with his number one, all he said was "yes, it is good". I'll tell you something they would NOT have been able to restrain me if he'd came walking round my street...  >:(

Yep, think it was last Wednesday, I was off work so able to watch it...I seem to spend my TV time flicking the channel over every time a Carzy Frog (deliberate sp.) advert comes on, that morning was terrible, cos every five minutes a breakfast TV presenter would break into a chorus of "bing bing"... I fear this is the start of a very irritating trend which will end who knows where...aaaaargh!

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/30/05 at 6:40 am

Yep, think it was last Wednesday, I was off work so able to watch it...I seem to spend my TV time flicking the channel over every time a Carzy Frog (deliberate sp.) advert comes on, that morning was terrible, cos every five minutes a breakfast TV presenter would break into a chorus of "bing bing"... I fear this is the start of a very irritating trend which will end who knows where...aaaaargh!

Man, I hope you're wrong. But you're probs right. Next it'll be Nessie The Dragon - Let Me Be Your Fantasy or something utter bollocks like that. 2005 looks set to be the worst year in British music we've seen in a while...  :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/30/05 at 7:02 am

Joe Dolce's 'Shaddup You Face' is a musical masterpiece in G Minor compared to the Crazy Frog. Good number ones include Bohemian Rhapsody for instance, whilst I could be sitting here all night listing all the terrible number ones (anyone remember the macarena? number one for 16 weeks in the US!). We brits have had some god awful number ones in our time - but THIS?! This is going a bit too far...
At least you can still dance to the macarena?

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/30/05 at 7:12 am

Nobody with any sort of sense of decency would dance to the macarena (whilst sober). The macarena is much like Abba's Waterloo, you love it when you're p*ssed, but when you'r sober, you hate it!  :) :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/30/05 at 7:13 am

Come to think of it, is Radio1 playing it on its playlist?

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/30/05 at 7:14 am

Come to think of it, is Radio1 playing it on its playlist?

I dunno. I don't listen to the radio much, but probably for "a laugh" (if that's what you can call it)

Written By: goodsin on 05/30/05 at 7:19 am

Man, I hope you're wrong. But you're probs right. Next it'll be Nessie The Dragon - Let Me Be Your Fantasy or something utter bollocks like that. 2005 looks set to be the worst year in British music we've seen in a while...  :(

Ha, is that the old Baby D (Baby Ford? can't remember) number? I think you've hit on something there! (dodges hail of bottles from music lovers worldwide). I just hope that blooming Tweety bird thing doesn't come out as a single, though sadly I think it may well be the next "ringtone number 1", as it has a similar "Jamster club" attached to it & is also being heavily promoted currently.(OMG, cut that with "The Birdie Song" and you'd have a fearsome sonic weapon!)

Shame about Coldplay, though...must try harder to impress the demographic that buys Singles, although I'd imagine their release of Singles is more to showcase their album sales, where most real music lovers spend their dosh...

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/30/05 at 7:21 am

Shame about Coldplay, though...must try harder to impress the demographic that buys Singles, although I'd imagine their release of Singles is more to showcase their album sales, where most real music lovers spend their dosh...

I don't think Coldplay will have any problems getting to number one in the album charts, it's just a shame they couldn't have had a number one single to accompany it.

And ssssh! Don't go giving Jamster any ideas. They'll no doubt think of some fresh annoyances when their chair person gets back from Nursery

Written By: goodsin on 05/30/05 at 7:28 am

The Macarena doesn't even fall into the same league of "noveltiness", IMO  ;D ;D ;D

Think more like Brit classics such as "the Chicken Song", "Agadoo" (you could dance to that too, but...), "The Birdie Song" etc, and you might be nearly there... ::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/30/05 at 10:39 am

I am listening to it right now, and all I can think of is.... does Eddie Murphy know about this ?  ::) By the way, it confimed something that I am now aware of.... Coldplay will kick Crazy Frog's spot out of Top 1 spot very soon !

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/30/05 at 11:11 am

I am listening to it right now, and all I can think of is.... does Eddie Murphy know about this ?  ::) By the way, it confimed something that I am now aware of.... Coldplay will kick Crazy Frog's spot out of Top 1 spot very soon !
If possible right now please.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/30/05 at 11:33 am

God, I hope you're right Jamie

Written By: NullandVoid on 05/30/05 at 6:50 pm

Hmm the crazy frog thing is kind of cute, but i guess anything can be annoying once it's over exposed.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/30/05 at 6:52 pm

Hmm the crazy frog thing is kind of cute, but i guess anything can be annoying once it's over exposed.

Overexposed is an understatement. The adverts come on twice in every break on some channels, the song is continuously played and EVERYONE has the f*kin' ringtone! Gaaaaaaa! The Crazy Frog has been over-over-over-over-OVERexposed to overexposure

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/23/05 at 10:34 pm

Here is what I think of the annoying, stupid, Crazy Frog.....

http://photos.yafro.com/pics3/i/20050823/19/4/2/0/420eb2572a3a66554831e4d88c112d500_full.jpg

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/23/05 at 10:38 pm

I love what someone wrote the single "The Frog" did recently.... it sums it up perfectly....

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000A39KNA/qid=1124854576/sr=1-4/ref=sr_1_4/102-5957597-4996907?v=glance&s=music

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/23/05 at 10:41 pm

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0007D0ASC/qid=/sr=/ref=cm_lm_asin/104-0303009-5681539?v=glance

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/23/05 at 10:56 pm

Ladies angd gentleman..... presenting the next Crazy Frog....  ::)

http://www.jamster.co.uk/jow/slp_order.do?contentType=9&doc=2117183&parentId=1054292&jhs=279

Written By: Magnum,PI {2} on 08/24/05 at 9:41 am

http://hate-that-frog.freeonlinegames.com/ WOOHOOO you can shoot him ;D ;D

Written By: Magnum,PI {2} on 08/24/05 at 9:43 am

my record is 55 feet :D in the game

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/24/05 at 10:45 am

http://hate-that-frog.freeonlinegames.com/ WOOHOOO you can shoot him ;D ;D
Just reach 77 feet, oh the satisfaction in this game!

Written By: Magnum,PI {2} on 08/24/05 at 12:27 pm

lol yep its great sterss reliever :D

Written By: FaultyDog on 08/24/05 at 12:54 pm

Just reached a staggering 84 feet... :o   LOL ;D

You know what I was just thinking?

What if some looney would team up Crazy Frog with Reel 2 Real's "I like to move it"...?  :o
Wouldn't that be uber-, uber-, uber-, uber- UBER-annoying?! >:(

It would also mean we would have to combine two threads on this board. :-\\

Written By: Magnum,PI {2} on 08/24/05 at 2:38 pm

lol overly annoying  ;)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/24/05 at 7:32 pm

Coooooooooooooooooooooool, dude you so rock!  ;D

I got a 44 !

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/25/05 at 1:28 am

:D

The Crazy Frog ringtone Axel F has finally lost its place on the top of the New Zealand singles charts.

It has been replaced by an equally annoying-yet-catchy song, The Pussycat Dolls Don't Cha.  :-\\

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/25/05 at 9:06 am

The Crazy Frog ringtone Axel F has finally lost its place on the top of the New Zealand singles charts.

It has been replaced by an equally annoying-yet-catchy song, The Pussycat Dolls Don't Cha.  :-\\

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! 

Written By: FaultyDog on 08/25/05 at 2:33 pm

* Don't cha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me *  ::)

Written By: K.Y.L.E on 08/25/05 at 3:55 pm

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=281;1;-1;-1&sku=398558

This links to a web page where you can hear samples of all the tracks on the Crazy Frog's debut album Crazy Hits.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/25/05 at 3:59 pm

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=281;1;-1;-1&sku=398558

This links to a web page where you can hear samples of all the tracks on the Crazy Frog's debut album Crazy Hits.
No thank you.

Written By: K.Y.L.E on 08/25/05 at 4:31 pm

His name is not Crazy Frog, it's Loony Toad. I THOUGHT WE ALL KNEW THAT! IT SAYS THAT ON EVERY BIT OF INFO THAT DISPLAYS HIS NAME!

Written By: Tarquin on 08/25/05 at 4:38 pm

His name is not Crazy Frog, it's Loony Toad. I THOUGHT WE ALL KNEW THAT! IT SAYS THAT ON EVERY BIT OF INFO THAT DISPLAYS HIS NAME!

His name is Crazy Frog. I know that 4 a fact!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/25/05 at 5:40 pm

I have no idea what the last post has to do with the topic at hand.....

::)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/25/05 at 5:44 pm

Looks like K.Y.L.E. is looking for a good kick up the *** by the moderators.  ::) ;D

Written By: FaultyDog on 08/25/05 at 11:37 pm

Looks like K.Y.L.E. is looking for a good kick up the *** by the moderators.  ::) ;D

Have those replies been reported yet? I know parodies by K.Y.L.E. should be reported... :-\\

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/26/05 at 2:59 pm

looks like KYLE isn't content on being a pest on just amiright anymore... >sigh<

Check for new replies or respond here...