inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bashing Avril Lavigne

Written By: 90s boy on 05/30/05 at 9:05 am

k i don't know if i spelled her name right but any ways i hate her so much first she says shes all punk and the next thing u know u see her wearing a hooters Teeshirt and then shes and dressed up for a magzen cover shes such a FAKE

Subject: Re: Bashing Avril Leaven

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/30/05 at 9:09 am

k i don't know if i spelled her name right but any ways i hate her so much first she says shes all punk and the next thing u know u see her wearing a hooters Teeshirt and then shes and dressed up for a magzen cover shes such a FAKE

I once watched a show on MTV about her, and she said that "she is who she is and she doesn't give a f*** what people think about her". she also said that she hates artists like Britney and Christina who try to sell records by wearing almost nothing. I'm pretty sure she aslo went on to say that she hates posing for magazines because it doesn't show a true reflection of her being herself, but that's just todays music scene for you, they're ALL fake in one way or another...

Written By: 90s boy on 05/30/05 at 9:15 am

I once watched a show on MTV about her, and she said that "she is who she is and she doesn't give a f*** what people think about her". she also said that she hates artists like Britney and Christina who try to sell records by wearing almost nothing. I'm pretty sure she also went on to say that she hates posing for magazines because it doesn't show a true reflection of her being herself, but that's just todays music scene for you, they're ALL fake in one way or another...

trust me shes a Fake her self shes not real i hope her next album dose horrible  lol i CANT STAND HER SHES A LITTLE B!TCH LOL

Written By: Apricot on 05/30/05 at 10:14 am

trust me shes a Fake her self shes not real i hope her next album dose horrible  lol i CANT STAND HER SHES A LITTLE B!TCH LOL

What if fans of hers are present on this board? This could be taken as flaming, sorta.

I don't like her that much either, but daaaaaamn..

Written By: goodsin on 05/30/05 at 10:31 am

I don't think much of her, either. There should be a website where you can go & virtually bash these people, even if it was one of those games where a head pops up & you have to hit it with a virtual mallet- that would be most satisfying, although I think that darned Crazy Frog would be my first point-of-call for an on-line bashing!

Written By: woops on 05/30/05 at 6:23 pm

She's another "creation" from music execs  ::)  :D  :P

Written By: Mergal on 05/31/05 at 6:19 am

I once watched a show on MTV about her, and she said that "she is who she is and she doesn't give a f*** what people think about her". she also said that she hates artists like Britney and Christina who try to sell records by wearing almost nothing. I'm pretty sure she aslo went on to say that she hates posing for magazines because it doesn't show a true reflection of her being herself, but that's just todays music scene for you, they're ALL fake in one way or another...

That's funny because I thought I saw her posing on the cover of Cosmpolitan a few months ago.

Written By: Mergal on 05/31/05 at 6:23 am

Yes, you misspelled her name (it's Lavigne), but it's funny how you spelled it as leave-n.  Get it?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/31/05 at 5:22 pm

I think it is funny.....she brags about how she writes her own music, etc...but if you listen to the lyrics of a lot of her songs......she rhymes words with the exact same words!!!!! Now...there's "creative" for ya!

Erin :)

Written By: woops on 05/31/05 at 8:33 pm

I would also state that she's not familiar with The Sex Pistols, David Bowie, Duran Duran, Metallica, etc.  :P

Written By: 90s boy on 06/02/05 at 4:55 am

What if fans of hers are present on this board? This could be taken as flaming, sorta.

I don't like her that much either, but daaaaaamn..

lol from the looks at it no one seem to like that fake b!tch

Written By: 90s boy on 06/02/05 at 4:57 am

Yes, you misspelled her name (it's Lavigne), but it's funny how you spelled it as leave-n.  Get it?

lol yea i do ;D but any thanks for spelling it the right way lol ;) i spell checked her name but thats what i got so yea lol

Written By: Apricot on 06/02/05 at 5:39 am

lol from the looks at it no one seem to like that fake b!tch

Yeah, I guess so.. Oh well.

Written By: goodsin on 06/02/05 at 8:56 am

Does she have a problem with yeast?  ;D ;D

Written By: 90s boy on 06/03/05 at 6:47 pm

Does she have a problem with yeast?  ;D ;D
    ;D ;D ;D

like i sed shes a fake

Subject: Re: Bashing Avril Lavigne

Written By: LyricBoys Blackberry on 06/04/05 at 5:32 am

Bash all you want, but I'd still party with her.  :p

Avril, come to LyricBoy. I ain't no basher.

Written By: 90s boy on 06/04/05 at 6:38 pm

Bash all you want, but I'd still party with her.  :p

Avril, come to LyricBoy. I ain't no basher.

lol i don't care if u like her or not i myself don't like her

Written By: Mousic Addict on 06/05/05 at 2:23 pm

I really don't like her because like most of you said, she's a fake. In all of her music videos she acts so tough like I can kick the crap out of anyone. I feel the same way about the lyrics, she just rhymes. I'm so glad that other people feel this way.

Written By: Apricot on 06/05/05 at 2:36 pm

Yeah, her rhymes aren't even that great.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/05/05 at 3:27 pm

Yeah, her rhymes aren't even that great.

Perhaps, but her body is fantastic.  And after all, isn't that's what important in entertainment these days?  ???

Written By: Apricot on 06/05/05 at 6:21 pm

Perhaps, but her body is fantastic.  And after all, isn't that's what important in entertainment these days?  ???

I gotta agree with you, actually.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 06/05/05 at 6:34 pm

Avril Lavigne? Yuck!  :P :P

I swear when I found out she'd actually made it into FHM's 100 Sexiest Women In The World a few years back I felt physically sick... how can anybody like her?!  :o

I have to agree with the above statement though, entertainment today is all about appearance... what a shallow, shallow world we live in  :(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/05/05 at 6:39 pm

I don't know enough about her to bash her but if she's as annoying and sleezy as Madonna, J-Ho and Pariah Carey...give me a hammer :D

Written By: Apricot on 06/05/05 at 6:50 pm

Avril Lavigne? Yuck!  :P :P

I swear when I found out she'd actually made it into FHM's 100 Sexiest Women In The World a few years back I felt physically sick... how can anybody like her?!  :o

I have to agree with the above statement though, entertainment today is all about appearance... what a shallow, shallow world we live in  :(

One time, I was sick with the flu. And, as tends to happen when I get violently ill, I dropped the remote while flipping through. So it was either roll off the couch and lay on the ground or watch MTV. So I watched MTV. I saw what was on.. something about Avril.. I thought "Meh, can't be that bad, she's kinda hot.".. within an hour, I was almost sobbing. I decided to collapse off the couch and fell asleep on the floor for 6 hours.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 06/05/05 at 6:52 pm

One time, I was sick with the flu. And, as tends to happen when I get violently ill, I dropped the remote while flipping through. So it was either roll off the couch and lay on the ground or watch MTV. So I watched MTV. I saw what was on.. something about Avril.. I thought "Meh, can't be that bad, she's kinda hot.".. within an hour, I was almost sobbing. I decided to collapse off the couch and fell asleep on the floor for 6 hours.

For some strange reason, I found that hilariously funny... and I have just had a noise complaint from my mother who is next door in the sitting room! Oops, gotta keep it down or this session gets cut short  :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: 90s boy on 06/05/05 at 8:50 pm

flippingtime i was sick and i was fliping through the TV a Avril  Lavigne video was on and i started to throw up lol i was doing that all day i guess her image made me sick lol ;D

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 06/05/05 at 9:25 pm

That's funny because I thought I saw her posing on the cover of Cosmpolitan a few months ago.

Wasn't she on Maxim too? <snort>

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/05/05 at 9:42 pm

Well, I pretty much agree with this entire thread! ;)

At first, I thought "Complicated" and "I'm with You" were slightly (emphasis on slightly) catchy POP songs - better than R&B, nu metal and ghetto rap - but when I saw what she herself was like, I came to more or less detest anything about her.

Partly, I get the impression she's doing this "I'm being trendy because it's cool" attitude, such as not only not knowing who David Bowie was -- they called her on it when she once mispronounced his last name -- but saying something on the lines of "I was only born in '84, how would I know who he is?"

Well, that's fine (well, it's silly, IMO, to diss something and not give it a chance merely because it's "before your time"), but if that's the case, then DON'T pretend to be a PUNK fan. Punk is Clash, Sex Pistols, and to a lesser degree, glam rockers like Bowie. Hell, even in the modern day, there's alot of punk rockers I bet she doesn't know or care about. The Kaiser Chiefs come to mind - they're somewhat commercial, and I'll bet she'd even say they were too hardcore, LOL!

I'm starting to see a trend of singers like Ashlee Simpson, wearing T-shirts from old rock bands, when they more than likely don't even know who these bands are! One of my BTTF board buddies mentioned it to me on AIM the other day, and showed me a link from Hot Topic, where they're selling Cinderella shirts - so apparently it's catching on. :(

In short, that's the textbook definition of a "poseur" -- something she claims she's not. ::)

That and claiming/acting like a "tough girl". She clams to be the anti-Britney (well, I actually DO give her very faint credit for not stripping in her videos, etc) but in terms of being image driven and all, I don't honestly see much of a difference.

Oh, I think either her band or other songwriters have written all her "songs", so that claim goes out the window too!! As for rhyming a word with itself, Sammy Hagar does that too, but it's okay for him -- if it's proven you CAN write GOOD songs, go ahead and play around a bit, but for "establishing" yourself, not too bright, IMO. :D

I could go for miles, but you get the idea!

Check for new replies or respond here...