inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ashley Tisdale...The Next Big Thing?

Written By: woops on 05/31/05 at 9:07 pm

IMO, only time will tell

About her. She's turning 20 in July 2nd.  :)
http://www.ashleytisdale.com/about.asp

I'll comment about her later. Though she should've been on a better show...

Subject: Re: Ashley Tisdale...The Next Big Thing?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/31/05 at 9:12 pm

I must be living in a cave, because I have no idea who she is.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/31/05 at 9:32 pm

don't feel bad Jamie...I have no idea who the girl is either....I just keep seeing her name littered all over the boards....I guess she must be something special, eh?

Erin :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/31/05 at 9:51 pm

don't feel bad Jamie...I have no idea who the girl is either....I just keep seeing her name littered all over the boards....I guess she must be something special, eh?

I won't....

Written By: Gis on 06/01/05 at 3:50 am

Who ???

Written By: racer on 06/01/05 at 11:17 am

Don't know her, don't care.

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/01/05 at 1:56 pm

She's very pretty, but she looks too much like Maiyam Bialik ("Blossom"), and she hasn't done much since her show ended (other than get her degree in medicine and becoming a pediatrician). Perhaps stardom isn't in Ashley's immediate plans. :-\\

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/01/05 at 2:31 pm

I had to google her to find out who she was......

and umm....I doubt it.

~Beth

Written By: woops on 06/01/05 at 5:30 pm

I found an interview of her: http://www.hipnhot.com/wst_page5.html

Sounds determined, but know she's going to "Jump the Shark" if she actually releases an album and be lumped with Don Johnson...heck, he was already famous when he recorded "Heatbeat".

I've seen the episode where she sang, but if she were on that cheesey FOX reality show, she wouldn't last half a season... Though she was OK, slightly better compared to that guy who covered "She Bangs"...

More likely be doing more cheesy sitcoms. This time on FOX or The WB...  ::)  :P

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/01/05 at 6:38 pm

Not really an encouraging endorsement, Woops. But there have been worse singers having huge hits, not the least being the aforementioned William "She Bangs" Hung.
Sounds determined, but know she's going to "Jump the Shark" if she actually releases an album and be lumped with Don Johnson...heck, he was already famous when he recorded "Heatbeat".

I've seen the episode where she sang, but if she were on that cheesey FOX reality show, she wouldn't last half a season... Though she was OK, slightly better compared to that guy who covered "She Bangs"...

Written By: Maddie's The Boss on 07/02/05 at 4:36 pm

She's now 20!!!  :D  8)

Wonder if she's at one of the concerts  at Live 8 with her celebrity friends..

http://www.ashleytisdale.com/cmn_images/suite_life-madie.jog

Written By: Maddie\'s The Boss on 07/02/05 at 4:37 pm

Sorry, here's the pic  :-http://www.ashleytisdale.com/cmn_images/suite_life-madie.jpg

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 07/02/05 at 9:13 pm

Ashley who?? LOL!! I highly doubt it. The next big thing, within the next 2 or 3 years, is definitely gonna be Emma Roberts. She is only 14 or 15, but she is gonna be a HUGE star. She's incredibly talented, and also extremely beautiful. Just a matter of time before she gets a huge buzz.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/03/05 at 12:52 pm

I keep seeing this girl's name being talked about all over the boards....especially by one or two members.....but I don't have a clue to who she really is.........and I am still wondering what is so special about her?

Written By: Indy Gent on 07/03/05 at 1:51 pm

I've seen pictures of Ashley with her sister. And I believe her sister's much prettier.
I keep seeing this girl's name being talked about all over the boards....especially by one or two members.....but I don't have a clue to who she really is.........and I am still wondering what is so special about her?

Written By: Carrie on 07/03/05 at 2:41 pm

Could someone explain who she is and what show she was on, etc. Like Quirk said, what is so special about her??

Written By: Maddie's The Boss on 07/03/05 at 5:34 pm

Ashley Tisdale plays Maddie, the sardonic candy clerk, on "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody", a cheesy sitcom (better than "Facts of Life", IMO) which she's the only good actress on the show who's funny, have great comedic timing, and  also pretty.

The show is about a has-been pop singer who becomes a songer at a hotel with two annoying boys, one (Zack) has a crush on Maddie. Also features a ditzy hotel heiress named London Tipton, which the actress who portrays her is  actually better than the hotel hieress we're all familiar with...and sick of, who has a love/hate friendship with middleclass candy clerk Maddie, who's a samrt blonde, but is more like David Spade than "Screech".

Memorable episode (only 3 1/2 good episodes are on the first season): the prom episode where Zack thought she would take hm to the dance since her overheard a conversation from his mom & Maddie that there's an age difference, but Maddie is going out with a college guy...who actually has a girlfriend.

Quote: "I mean, He comes from champaign & caviar and I come from beer & pretzels"...from 'Maddie Checks In"

Another funny scene: When the dumb heiress called a tamborine a tangerine. "No, that is a tamborine, a tangerine is what the audience is gonna throw at you" , from "Band In Boston", which only the second part woth Maddie & London is funny. Though Ashley Tisdale isn't much of a singer...maybe her voice was altered, didn't showcase her range,  or it wasn't even her voice at all.

She's currently writing songs for her debut album...only time would tell if she could pull it off or not...

About Ashley Tisdale: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0864308

An interview: http://www.hipnhot.com/wst_page5.html

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 07/03/05 at 7:16 pm

One or two people talking about Ashley on a message board does NOT mean she is the next big thing. Its just wishful thinking on the part of two big Ashley fans. I dont know about her talents, but going by her looks, I think its safe to say she will never be the 'next big thing'.

Written By: Ashley ROX! on 07/22/05 at 7:16 pm

Ashley Tisdale is the next big things and if anyone calles her ugly again they are going to be sorry becuase she is so not ugly

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/22/05 at 7:17 pm

Ashley Tisdale is the next big things and if anyone calles her ugly again they are going to be sorry becuase she is so not ugly

*snap*

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/22/05 at 10:19 pm

I don't remember anyone calling her "ugly"...they just wanted to know what was so great about her.

Written By: tv on 07/23/05 at 12:43 am

The first time I saw her name on these boards I thought she was related to the former pro basketball player Wayman Tisdale who used to play for the Indiana Pacers, Sacramento Kings, and the Phoenix Suns. He also used to be a jazz artist but I don't think Ashley is related to Wayman.

Written By: woops on 07/23/05 at 1:57 am

http://www.ashleytisdale.com/images_pub/pat019.jpg

She's a cutie  :-*  ;)

IMO, she stands out from all the actresses from The Disney Channel (Hillary Duff, Raven Symone, etc.), with her comedic timing and facial expressions from "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody", which is the only show, besides "House of Mouse", that I watch.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/23/05 at 5:48 pm

http://www.ashleytisdale.com/images_pub/pat019.jpg

She's a cutie  :-*  ;)

IMO, she stands out from all the actresses from The Disney Channel (Hillary Duff, Raven Symone, etc.), with her comedic timing and facial expressions from "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody", which is the only show, besides "House of Mouse", that I watch.

she looks pretty in that photo. I think she looks better with her bangs pulled back.

Written By: kairi747 on 07/27/05 at 3:13 pm

yeah, she's got a real bad hair cut.  :P

Written By: john on 08/01/05 at 9:41 pm

is she really 20 because on the show she looks and says she is 15

Written By: Luke Perry on 08/02/05 at 4:10 am

She plays 15 on TV...  :D

Written By: john on 08/02/05 at 9:48 pm

but she looks 15 on tv too

Written By: hershrykiss on 08/08/05 at 6:13 pm

I ThInK sHe Is VeRy PrEeTy AnD sMaRt So I ThInK sHe sHoUlD mAkE iT bIg So I sUpPOrT hEr VeRy muCh !!!

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/08/05 at 7:26 pm

I ThInK sHe Is VeRy PrEeTy AnD sMaRt So I ThInK sHe sHoUlD mAkE iT bIg So I sUpPOrT hEr VeRy muCh !!!

i ThInK tHiS wAy oF tYpInG ShOulD bE mAdE iLlEgAl.

Beth

Written By: woops on 08/08/05 at 8:30 pm

She's in the works of a Disney Channel tv movie, a musical about highschoolers... sounds a bit familiar...especially being familiar with the famous John Travolta/Olivia Newton John film....  ::)

Could she pull it off... only time can tell...

Written By: jiminy on 08/09/05 at 5:29 pm

i ThInK tHiS wAy oF tYpInG ShOulD bE mAdE iLlEgAl.

Beth

it just shows her age, 15 or younger ;)

Written By: Mya on 08/22/05 at 2:29 am

font=Verdana]she is soo pretty and oh mi god her hair is gorgeous   ;D ;D

Written By: Matthew Roberts on 09/05/05 at 7:08 am

Ashely is soo fit and sexy she will definitely be the next best thing she is sooo cool ;D ::) :-* ::) :D

Written By: Charlz! on 09/17/05 at 5:30 am

Um, 4 those of u that lyk Ashley, pls join my site www.ashleytisdale20.proboards50.com/index.cgi

Written By: Suite Life (aka Woops) on 01/03/06 at 8:04 pm

Though not much of a singer from watching a music video from the upcoming Disney Channel tv movie "High School Musical". ...which unfortunately found a bit annoying and "bubblegum". Only a bit better than that episode of "Suite Life of Zack & Cody" where she sang...and sounded fake.

Probably will improve in time, but I prefer her acting instead.  :)

She's funnier than most sitcom actresses I've seen for the past 10 years with great comedic timing and facial expressions  :D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/03/06 at 8:15 pm

As long as she isn't Paris Hilton II, I wish her well  ;D

Written By: Schillingfan on 01/07/06 at 1:17 pm

She's very pretty, but she looks too much like Maiyam Bialik ("Blossom"), and she hasn't done much since her show ended (other than get her degree in medicine and becoming a pediatrician). Perhaps stardom isn't in Ashley's immediate plans. :-\\

I thought she looked like Hilary Duff

Written By: woops on 01/08/06 at 4:12 pm

Ironically, she looks a bit like Ashlee Simpson and  former pop singer Tiffany (when she was popular).

Though she has more talent then those two put together...

I prefer her acting instead of her singing though.

Written By: samantha on 01/23/06 at 5:21 pm

>:(    HOW COULD YOU THINK THAT SHE WON'T BE SUCCESSFUL? ALL OF YOU WORKING FOR THIS WEBSITE SUCK!! ASHLEY TISDALE WILL BECOME THE MOST SUCCESSFUL!! SHE IS SO TALENTED AND PRETTY ..... THAT'S ALL IT TAKES! ASHLEY IS MY FAVORITE ACTRESS AND WILL ALWAYS BE!!!! she is so hot i met her in disneyland yesterday and was as sweet as can be... she is so nice and wonderful and hot she will become an actress that everyone knows!

samantha ;D :D ;) :) :P

Subject: "High School Musical"

Written By: Sussudio on 01/24/06 at 3:35 am

Saw "High School Musical" and...

Didn't Paula Abdul appear in a movie like that... "Let's all have a party!", which I saw on "E! True Hollywood Story", though Ashley Tisdale is also a good dancer, comedic actress, though her singing might improve in time...kinda like the Mary Pickford of the 21st century    :D

How can anybody ignore a talented actress who's bound for stardom while Ashlee Simpson will be on "Skating with Celebrities... on thin ice" in 2007.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/25/06 at 2:04 pm

Tisdale is kinda ugly .. bleh  :P

Written By: Woops (Wuz Here) on 01/25/06 at 5:22 pm

Since I'm not much into her after watching "High School Musical" and the fact she's forced to sing like other Disney Channel pop acts, it'll take a while...

Atleast not as annoying like Lizzie McGuire anda actually is funny unlike Raven Symone.

Though only time will tell...

Written By: woops on 01/25/06 at 5:23 pm

Atleast she didn't hook up with Tom Cruise  :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/30/06 at 9:33 pm

the answer is NO.

Subject: Great Googily Moogily!!!, I'm now sick of this Tisdale character

Written By: Electric Youth on 03/01/06 at 2:45 am

I think I'm out of my Ashley Tisdale phase since I now find her annoying and is turned into another manufactured Disney product.

She's still funny, but doubt she'll be the next big thing...heck not even the next Pam Anderson. 

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/01/06 at 9:08 pm

Never heard of her.

Written By: lisa on 04/23/06 at 7:48 pm

yeah Ofcourse ashley tisdale is going to be the next big thing.shes my idle she is so pretty and she will be way better or more succesfull than ant actress you no.  ;D

Written By: Rodents210 on 07/25/06 at 10:22 pm

One or two people talking about Ashley on a message board does NOT mean she is the next big thing. Its just wishful thinking on the part of two big Ashley fans. I dont know about her talents, but going by her looks, I think its safe to say she will never be the 'next big thing'.

Then what do you make of the gigantic fan response to her character in High School Musical, making her the FIRST female artist in HISTORY to have 2 songs debut simultaneoulsy on the Billboard Hot 100? What do you make of the 100's of websites with 1000 or more members each? What do you make of record deal that was almost instantly offered to her by Warner Brothers Studios after High School Musical? And last but not least, what do you make of the fact that her manager, Bill Perlman, picked her out of the crowd at the age of THREE and stuck with her for the whole eighteen years of her career? She was Cosette in Les Miserables, she sang at the White House at the age of 12, and she gets so much fanmail that letters she recieved last August are just now recieving responses. Any more proof you need and I'm sure some other members here would be glad to answer you, as I most likely will never return to this site.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/25/06 at 10:53 pm

We need a choice that says "who the eff cares".

Written By: whistledog on 07/25/06 at 11:50 pm

We need a choice that says "who the eff cares".

But Ashley Tisdale is the greatest thing since the gag that was around her mouth preventing her from singing ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/26/06 at 1:35 am

But Ashley Tisdale is the greatest thing since the gag that was around her mouth preventing her from singing ;D

Lara McAllen could beat her ass in a streetfight.

Written By: woops on 07/26/06 at 4:02 am

I liked her when she was called Mandy Moore

...though a bit more talented

I also like Scarlett Johanssen, though most of her movies suck  :P

Written By: Gis on 07/26/06 at 4:16 am

I've never heard of her and briefly thought about googling her to find out but I couldn't be arsed.......

Written By: Brian06 on 07/29/06 at 2:10 am

who honestly cares?  ::)

Written By: woops on 07/29/06 at 2:22 am

Locking thread since I'm sick of dumb flame wars

Check for new replies or respond here...