inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Will you see Batman Begins?

Written By: supercute on 06/02/05 at 2:02 pm

I am a huge Batman fan & admittedly was let down by the former Batman movies (Forever, Robin) The only ones I enjoy time & again were the original 1989 one w/ Michael Keaton, Jack Nicholson as the Joker was classic! & Batman Returns w/ Michelle Pfeiffer as Selina Kyle & my favorite Catwoman...

In the wake of the returning Batman film, what are your predictions about it? I think it will enjoy a fair share of success but I also am aware that many will enter the theater anticipating a good flick. Hopefully, the director will surprise us all.

Subject: Re: Will you see Batman Begins?

Written By: Im Batman on 06/03/05 at 12:49 am

Oh Hell Yeah! I'm going to be there opening night.

I have waited my whole life for a truly representative version of The Dark Knight to make it to the screen.  The 60's TV show was a joke, Tim  Burton came close with his two movies, and Joel (son of a bitch) Schumacer damn near destroyed Batman with those two abominations he made.

Begins director Christopher Nolan says he is a fan of Batman and will stay true to the origins of the character.  Also, the movie will focus on Bruce Wayne/Batman as its center and not on the villians.  With Christian Bale we finally have a real actor donning the cape and cowl. 

I'm counting the days to June 15. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/03/05 at 2:23 am

Maybe.  Depends on how Tim Burtonesque noir it is.  I'm not into Batman for the sake of Batman, but I like Tim Burton's dark side.  Joel Schumacher is the epitome of Hollywood cliche cr*pola.  I will say "8mm" with Nicholas Cage is worth watching because it's soooo bad it belongs on "Mystery Science Theater 3000"!
:P

Written By: FireBrand79 on 06/03/05 at 3:52 am

Of course i want to see it.Its Batman.Batman is the coolest.I'll probably see it twice.or thrice.Batman rocks.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/03/05 at 4:06 am

I doubt it.

Written By: Im Batman on 06/03/05 at 2:53 pm

Batman is not only a great comic book hero, he would also make a great litrerary figure.

Not only will I be at the premire of Batman Begins, I'm gonna see it in IMAX.

Written By: robocop 2000th on 06/03/05 at 3:50 pm

I have seen some of the movies the best one i seen was with arnie in as Mr freeze.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/03/05 at 4:41 pm

I'm there all ready.

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/03/05 at 6:35 pm

I didn't see any of the "Star Wars Begins". Why would I want to see a prequel to "Batman"?  :-\\

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 06/03/05 at 8:17 pm

This will be the best Batman movie.  I haven't even seen it yet, but I can tell it will be the best one.  It explores Bruce Wayne/Batman and why he is the Batman more then any of the other movies did.  I remember back in 1989 I was actually dissapointed with Tim Burton's Batman flick, despite so many other kids thinking it was the greatest thing ever.  I was bored by most of it. 

Written By: Dagwood on 06/03/05 at 9:54 pm

Not planning on it.  Not a big batman fan.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/09/05 at 3:18 am

Definitely see the new Superman.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/09/05 at 7:24 am

I'll watch it when it airs on television....I don't think it's worth paying 8 dollars to see.....

~Beth

Written By: bj26 on 06/09/05 at 9:40 am

I was not much of a fan for the previous movies, but this one looks awsome at least from the previews.  I will definately see it!

Written By: NullandVoid on 06/09/05 at 2:33 pm

I initially said No, but after some research and some good words from my fellow penguins I've decided to give Batman another chance. There's no way in heck I'm paying for my ticket though!!

Written By: Apricot on 06/09/05 at 2:38 pm

Meh, I'll see it. Why not?

Written By: Heechee on 06/10/05 at 1:54 pm

Tim Burton's movies was awesome. Joel Schumacher's movies are crap. I will not see "Batman Begins" because it seems to be even worse than all the other movies.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/11/05 at 7:48 am

I saw the trailer on TV today.

Written By: Harmonica on 06/11/05 at 8:59 am

I'll see it. It looks good to me.

I was really hoping that it would focus on the relationship between young bruce wayne and Alfred. Because according to the 1989 version of Batman, Alfred had been a family friend since Bruce was a very young man.  I suppose I was hoping that the movie would focus on that relationship of how Alfred Helped him along the way to becoming Batman, rather than focus on the "love" relationship between bruce wayne and a young woman. 

I'm alone, as usual on this, but the damn love story is starting to get old.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/11/05 at 9:03 am

I'll see it. It looks good to me.

I was really hoping that it would focus on the relationship between young bruce wayne and Alfred. Because according to the 1989 version of Batman, Alfred had been a family friend since Bruce was a very young man.  I suppose I was hoping that the movie would focus on that relationship of how Alfred Helped him along the way to becoming Batman, rather than focus on the "love" relationship between bruce wayne and a young woman. 

I'm alone, as usual on this, but the darn love story is starting to get old.

That's how I felt about 'Star Wars: Attack of the Clones'....they focused a little bit too much on the romance between Anakin and Padme. I mean, a love story's nice once in a while, but it does get overused a bit.

~Beth

Written By: DJDiG on 06/21/05 at 2:37 pm

I all ready have twice and quite enjoyed it!

Written By: Im Batman on 06/21/05 at 3:06 pm

Man, I have to wait until this weekend to go see it with friends.

Till then, I'm rolled up in the fetal position, holding my Batman action caped figure, while sucking my thumb counting the days.

Forgive me Dark Knight.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/22/05 at 9:34 am

I saw it yesterday, it's one of the best films I have seen this year, other than Star Wars: Episode III.

Check for new replies or respond here...