inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: For Marty McFly and Others: Kyle's Overview of 2005 Music (so far!)

Written By: Kyle on 06/02/05 at 6:20 pm

So far, so good.  R&B and Hip-hop were at their peak by around March of that year and it gradually started to die down.  Now pop-punk/teen romance and all that good stuff is in the mainstream right now, which is cheesy, but not downright ditty as in bad.  Bubblegum pop  ;) is gradually starting to comeback and those teen pop stars are starting to die down; the only ones we see hanging around is Lindsay Lohan and that's about it.  She is even dying down, too.

I predict by the end of this year, what we have right now (the pop-punk, and mainstream rap) will stay, but it will start to diminish by 2007 and may turn into another type of music that will dominate most of the music at least 'til 2011, which would be a comeback to what it was in 2001.  Dance music will get into the mainstream, as well as more alternative/indie with a little tad of country in there.

Compared to other years in the '90s, I think our music (and pop cultures) resembles what it was in 1998-1999.  Anything you want to comment about this subject is welcomed.

In other words, what do you think, homie!

Subject: Re: For Marty McFly and Others: Kyle's Overview of 2005 Music (so far!)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/02/05 at 6:58 pm

Alternative/Indie and classic rock (it's not from 2005, but it seems rather trendy to like older music at the moment) both seem to dominate as far as I've seen. But I refuse to listen to the radio/watch music TV.  :D

Subject: Re: For Marty McFly and Others: Kyle's Overview of 2005 Music (so far!)

Written By: SpaceHog on 06/03/05 at 9:08 pm

At least we are not having any expiremental crap, like Hitomi in 1996.

Written By: bbigd04 on 06/03/05 at 11:36 pm

I've seen a little of everything this year.

Check for new replies or respond here...