inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What You Been Doing on New Years Day 2000

Written By: Kyle on 06/05/05 at 2:58 pm

For me, most likely sleeping and watching TV.  Also, I was still partyin' like it's 1999 and I'm gonna keep doing it 'til this decade is over.

Why?  Because, most of this decade is a cheesy decade.  It does has it good things such as the technological advancements in medicine and Windows XP, and Bubblegum Pop, but when it gets to stuff like reality TV and half-naked girls on TV; this has to quit.

So, what were you doing!

Subject: Re: What You Been Doing on New Years Day 2000

Written By: bbigd04 on 06/05/05 at 3:10 pm

What was I doin on New Years 2000. My sister and her husband came over our house, we watched the times square celebration. For New Years day our family came over our house we had a little new years get together like every year. Nothing really out of the ordinary.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/05/05 at 3:14 pm

That was my first trip to Puerto Rico. We were at a party at (I think) an in-law of one of Carlos' cousins (or something like that). We felt a little strange not knowing the host but many of Carlos' cousins were there who we knew. I learned how to order a white wine in Spanish.  ;) There was a pig roast, dancing and at midnight, many of the nieghbors set off fireworks. It was a GREAT time.

Cat

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/05/05 at 3:33 pm

Nothing....  ::)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/05/05 at 4:10 pm

What WAS I doing? Well, I was awakened by my then wife who called me from her apartment at 7am (We were separated but got back together in April that year) to tell me Happy New Year :D

Written By: Kyle on 06/05/05 at 8:50 pm

That was my first trip to Puerto Rico. We were at a party at (I think) an in-law of one of Carlos' cousins (or something like that). We felt a little strange not knowing the host but many of Carlos' cousins were there who we knew. I learned how to order a white wine in Spanish.  ;) There was a pig roast, dancing and at midnight, many of the nieghbors set off fireworks. It was a GREAT time.

Cat

How do you do that?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/06/05 at 11:38 am

How do you do that?

"Vino blanco, por favor."  ;D  And then after drinking a few of those, I learned how to say, "donde está el  baño" which means, "where is the bathroom"  ;D :D

Cat

Written By: karen on 06/07/05 at 4:09 am

To celebrate New Year we went to stay in a Youth Hostel in Snowdonia with a group of friends.

On New Year's Eve we had a three course meal together (about 40 of us crammed into the dining room), we sang carols around the piano and watched a pantomime written by one of the group and acted out by some other members of the group.  Then we played party games until just before midnight.  A friend played Auld Lang Syne on his Northumbrian Pipes at midnight then we all sang.  Finally we set off loads of fireworks.  We also had a bonfire going and some of us stood around that chatting and we watched some walkers coming down off Snowdonia.  They had been at the summit for midnight.

The following day there was a fell race part way up Snowdonia to Llyn Llydaw and back.  I was babysitting my daughter, then aged 2, and a friends two children.  After that we drove home via Pete's Eats in Llanberis.

Written By: bj26 on 06/07/05 at 8:26 am

So, what were you doing!

I was taking hangover therapy 101.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 06/07/05 at 7:02 pm

I watched the Mummers Parade(a parade that happens in Philadelphia that is a fun and very beautiful show!)and then ABC's worldwide new millenium special...that was really cool,especially to a tech nut like me,the stuff ABC used to pull off a show like that is TRULY high-tech paradise!

Written By: Echo Nomad on 05/17/06 at 1:35 am

Probably the most pathetic day in my life. I was looking forward to Y2K (the time, not the bug) all of my conscious life. And where do I greet the new Millennium? Alone, basically traped in my room with a Big New Yorker pizza!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/17/06 at 6:52 am

unfortunately, I was with my ex-husband, who was fanatic about the stupid Y2K crap. ::)

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/17/06 at 10:36 am

I remember they had a TV special about all the Millenium celebrations around the world. It was a huge event. Everyone stayed up to watch the celebrations go from country to country  and city to city across the globe...I remember the fireworks over Sydney Harbour, the Millenium dome in London, and of course Times Square in NY...It was such a memorable, celebratory time. Didn't even think of Y2K.

Written By: KKay on 05/17/06 at 10:41 am

I watched the Mummers Parade(a parade that happens in Philadelphia that is a fun and very beautiful show!)!

Hey-
we've been going to that for the last three years..
it's great.
than party in the streets all New Year's Day!

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/17/06 at 12:18 pm

I said "Gung Hey Fat Choy"  ;D

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 05/17/06 at 8:00 pm

I remember they had a TV special about all the Millenium celebrations around the world. It was a huge event. Everyone stayed up to watch the celebrations go from country to country  and city to city across the globe...I remember the fireworks over Sydney Harbour, the Millenium dome in London, and of course Times Square in NY...It was such a memorable, celebratory time. Didn't even think of Y2K.
That aired on ABC-TV here. I thought that was cool.

Check for new replies or respond here...