inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: It's raining frogs!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 06/08/05 at 1:08 pm

It's raining frogs
06/07/05

A Serbian village came to a standstill when a downpour of frogs shocked residents into thinking the end of the world was nigh.

Residents in Odzaci told local daily newspaper Blic that a dark cloud appeared above the village, before a shower of amphibians came pelting down.

Villager, Caja Jovanovic, said: "This huge 'cloud' seemed to come out of nowhere and its shape and colour looked very strange.

"We were all wondering what it was when suddenly frogs started to fall from the sky. I thought maybe a plane carrying frogs had exploded in mid-air."

However, the froggy-phenomenon has been explained away by climatology experts, who say the frogs were merely gathered from a lake by a whirlwind, which dropped them in the village.

Link.

Subject: Re: It's raining frogs!

Written By: Kyle on 06/08/05 at 1:49 pm

I think that happened before in France.  You know that a tornado can suck up anything in its path, so when it came across a pond, the tornado started to die and there was a whole mess of debris.  Differently could happen!

Written By: Howard on 06/08/05 at 6:01 pm

I hope people didn't"croak"over it. ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/09/05 at 6:47 am

YIKES!  I've heard of "raining cats and dogs", but never frogs ;D ;D
Did it happen in the Bible?

Written By: Howard on 06/09/05 at 2:33 pm

How come it doesn't rain frogs here in New York? ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...