inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Pink Floyd Fans Rejoice! Pigs really DO Fly!!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/13/05 at 11:32 am

Let me just say that I am not and never was a fan of Pink Floyd as I find them overplayed and borish with the exception of a couple songs I liken them to the Grateful Dead....just never cared :-\\ BUT I am happy for Floyd fans because of this news :)

http://www.suntimes.com/output/music/cst-ftr-live13.html

Subject: Re: Pink Floyd Fans Rejoice! Pigs really DO Fly!!

Written By: jiminy on 06/13/05 at 12:09 pm

Let me just say that I am not and never was a fan of Pink Floyd as I find them overplayed and borish with the exception of a couple songs I liken them to the Grateful Dead....just never cared :-\\ BUT I am happy for Floyd fans because of this news :)

Blasphemy! :P
most of their best is never played on the radio, the over played are Comfortably Numb, Hey You, Another Brick in the Wall (part 2) and Money, other then these songs I really don't hear much Floyd, maybe Wish you were here

I agree with Grateful Dead... the drugs weren't for recreation, it was so you could stand the music
  ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/13/05 at 12:32 pm

Blasphemy! :P
most of their best is never played on the radio, the over played are Comfortably Numb, Hey You, Another Brick in the Wall (part 2) and Money, other then these songs I really don't hear much Floyd, maybe Wish you were here

I agree with Grateful Dead... the drugs weren't for recreation, it was so you could stand the music
  ;D
;D I have my OWN definition of "Dead Heads" ::)

As for Floyd, my fave is "Hey You" but as with most things I can't stand, it's from a personal experience. Back in the late 70's and early 80's I used to DJ parties. It was really annoying that a scant few people always wanted to hear Floyd...entire albums...all night :P

Written By: jiminy on 06/13/05 at 12:38 pm

As for Floyd, my fave is "Hey You" but as with most things I can't stand, it's from a personal experience. Back in the late 70's and early 80's I used to DJ parties. It was really annoying that a scant few people always wanted to hear Floyd...entire albums...all night :P

I used to be that way with KISS and AC/DC albums but I think I was about 11 years old   ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/13/05 at 12:41 pm

I used to be that way with KISS and AC/DC albums but I think I was about 11 years old   ;D
I used to be that way with Sesame Street albums but my 20's have long since come and gone ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/13/05 at 12:51 pm

They got Roger Waters and David Gilmour back together, now if they can only get Syd Barrett....
:-\\

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/13/05 at 2:11 pm

WOW!!! This is great news !!!!! Now, I can die a happy person....  ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/13/05 at 2:18 pm

WOW!!! This is great news !!!!! Now, I can die a happy person....  ;D
Being forced to listen to them makes me want to die ;D

Written By: zcrito on 06/13/05 at 2:55 pm

So it wasn't always "Play some Skynyrd!!" back then, but "Play some Floyd!!", too ??

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/13/05 at 3:09 pm

So it wasn't always "Play some Skynyrd!!" back then, but "Play some Floyd!!", too ??

Yep. actually around here, people obsessed more with Floy and the Grateful Dead...of course now with all the C-RAP out there I rarely hear anything while I'm out about but loud thumping and rappers cussing. I would actually welcome the old days back over now, anytime :-\\

Written By: Paul on 06/13/05 at 4:47 pm

They got Roger Waters and David Gilmour back together, now if they can only get Syd Barrett....

Now, that would be impressive...!

Written By: zcrito on 06/13/05 at 10:59 pm

Let those piggies fly without me.
I've been "down" on The Floyd since "Another Brick in the Wall" (what was that, 1980?). They became a little too negative and spiteful for me.

They were at their best in the early '70s.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/14/05 at 10:36 am

Let those piggies fly without me.
I've been "down" on The Floyd since "Another Brick in the Wall" (what was that, 1980?). They became a little too negative and spiteful for me.

They were at their best in the early '70s.

Yeah, if I had to choose an era I'd say the earlier stuff as well.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 06/18/05 at 9:33 pm

Only if they get approval from Syd's doctor. No doctor with half a brain would diagnose Syd Barrett as healthy enough to reunite with the Floyd without knowing that he would jump around on stage like a drugged-up lunatic. LOLOL  ;D You know, Syd is lucky to even be alive, all those drugs he took. Now, he's bald and has diabetes; he's actually been bald at least since WYWH in 1975.

Can you guys believe that Pink Floyd finally put a 20-year feud behind them, let alone for such a good cause. It was errily prophetic, tpp -- Nick Mason is quoted with saying that Pink Floyd would only reunite for something similar to Live Aid, and that's when they diusmissed the reunion rumors. Flash forward five or six months, and the pig on the Animals cover is flying high in the sky in you catch my drift. :)

Thank You, Lord, for this blessed reunion! Let's hope for the best.

Written By: memory on 06/27/05 at 12:57 pm

how can you not like pink floyd.theyre one of the greatest bands in the world

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/27/05 at 6:47 pm

how can you not like pink floyd.theyre one of the greatest bands in the world
While I like PF, their radio hits are overplauyed, boring and... well not that great compared to their lesser known stuff.  ;)

Of course PF's radio hits are better than alot of stuff on radio these days.

Check for new replies or respond here...