inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Destiny's Child to Disband....

Written By: Generation_Y on 06/13/05 at 1:12 pm

Destiny's Child Announces Split to MTV

The Associated Press
Monday, June 13, 2005; 12:40 PM

NEW YORK -- Staying together was not part of Destiny's Child's destiny. The multiplatinum group is splitting up.

In a statement released to MTV News, the trio of Beyonce, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams announced plans to disband after their world tour ends in the fall.

"We have been working together as Destiny's Child since we were 9, and touring together since we were 14. After a lot of discussion and some deep soul-searching, we realized that our current tour has given us the opportunity to leave Destiny's Child on a high note, united in our friendship and filled with an overwhelming gratitude for our music, our fans, and each other," the statement said.

For Full Article:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/13/AR2005061300679.html

Subject: Re: Destiny's Child to Disband....

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/13/05 at 1:21 pm

Who? What IS a Destiny's Child ??? ;D ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/13/05 at 1:53 pm

Didn't they disband a few years ago?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/13/05 at 2:07 pm

It was bound to happen.

Written By: Brian Damaged on 06/13/05 at 3:16 pm

Oh, this just makes me sick.  Beyonce is so greedy -- just out for personal fame, discarding the supporting players who made her great.  We've seen this all before:  Diana Ross, Michael Jackson, Patti Labelle, Michael McDonald, Kenny Loggins, Paul Simon... the entertainment world is a sick, soul-destroying succubus.

Written By: NullandVoid on 06/13/05 at 3:43 pm

So what, I won't miss them.

Written By: woops on 06/13/05 at 5:03 pm

Who? What IS a Destiny's Child ??? ;D ;)

A current  R&B group with mediocre voices & trampy outfits

Or think En Vogue without talent.

I thought they were already disbanded, with Britney clone Beyonce's solo junk...  ::)  :P  :D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/13/05 at 5:23 pm

A current  R&B group with mediocre voices & trampy outfits

I thought they were already disbanded, with Britney clone Beyonce's solo junk...  ::)  :P  :D
Oh, NOW I know who! But I don't think En Vogue is anything great either :-\\

Written By: Paul on 06/13/05 at 5:29 pm

En Vogue had talent...?!!

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 06/13/05 at 6:40 pm

Destiny's Child Announces Split to MTV

The Associated Press
Monday, June 13, 2005; 12:40 PM

NEW YORK -- Staying together was not part of Destiny's Child's destiny. The multiplatinum group is splitting up.

In a statement released to MTV News, the trio of Beyonce, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams announced plans to disband after their world tour ends in the fall.

"We have been working together as Destiny's Child since we were 9, and touring together since we were 14. After a lot of discussion and some deep soul-searching, we realized that our current tour has given us the opportunity to leave Destiny's Child on a high note, united in our friendship and filled with an overwhelming gratitude for our music, our fans, and each other," the statement said.

For Full Article:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/13/AR2005061300679.html

Oh.  I thought they broke up after that Charlie's Angels song back in 2000.  ???

Written By: Apricot on 06/13/05 at 8:36 pm

Didn't they disband a few years ago?

Yeah, I thought they did too...

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/13/05 at 9:21 pm

Who?  ???

Written By: tv on 06/14/05 at 11:47 am

En Vogue had talent...?!!
Hey I liked En Vogue. They had nice voices.  As far as Destiny's Child is concerned their stuff was alright when they first came out(1997-first album.) I just didn't like their stuff from 1999 on.

Written By: DC on 06/14/05 at 12:05 pm

En Vogue was cool for what they were.  Fine as h---.  I don't really know much DC stuff. 

Beyonce has a great voice, but she's a poor singer and sings poor material.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/14/05 at 12:14 pm

Who?  ???
Cares! ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/14/05 at 5:45 pm

My guess is that they did not "disband" but that Bouncy is having another episode of her well-known greed and disloyalty and told the other two girls to take a hike.

She's building up one heck of a Karma account...  ::)

Written By: Im Batman on 06/15/05 at 1:45 am

What the hell does Beyonce need with Destiny's Child anyway?  She was Diana Ross to their Supremes.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/15/05 at 1:57 am

I mean no disrespect when I shrug with utter indifference.
:-\\

Written By: tv on 06/15/05 at 1:28 pm

My guess is that they did not "disband" but that Bouncy is having another episode of her well-known greed and disloyalty and told the other two girls to take a hike.

She's building up one heck of a Karma account...  ::)
Thats when happens in a group. The lead singer think they can do it by themselves. Look at Nea Davenport with Brand New Heavies, Sisqo with Dru Hill, and Bobby Brown with New Edition. This stuff happens in the music world. I think Beyonce is a great looking woman but to compare her to Diana Ross or Michael Jackson in terms of having a legendary solo career. I don't know about that one.

Written By: Carrie on 06/15/05 at 2:12 pm

So what, I won't miss them.
Me either.

Written By: Im Batman on 06/15/05 at 2:22 pm

Me like Bouncy. :)

Written By: bbigd04 on 06/16/05 at 9:24 pm

They split temporarily after the survivor album in 2001 for the to record solo albums, which they all did. Beyonce's was successful, the other two not so much, Kelly Rowland did have the duet with nelly in 2002- "Dilemma"- which was successful. They got back together for their last album Destiny Fulfilled in 2004.

Check for new replies or respond here...