inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hey, Guests....

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/16/05 at 3:37 pm

Allright guests, now normally I would just assume that you're a bunch of creepy bastards, that lurk around the forum, day in and day out. Today? Well...today I'm feelin' kinda nice, so this is what we're gonna do, see. I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt. I'd like to get to know you....we'll talk, and discuss the matter of you actually JOINING the forum.

~Beth :)

Subject: Re: Hey, Guests....

Written By: Guiness on 06/16/05 at 3:48 pm

Allright guests, now normally I would just assume that you're a bunch of creepy bastards, that lurk around the forum, day in and day out. Today? Well...today I'm feelin' kinda nice, so this is what we're gonna do, see. I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt. I'd like to get to know you....we'll talk, and discuss the matter of you actually JOINING the forum.

what do you mean join?  what is the difference?

Written By: Guiness on 06/16/05 at 3:50 pm

and what do you mean by creepy lurking?  I thought it was when you read a forum and don't posting.  what's creepy about that?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/16/05 at 3:54 pm

what do you mean join?  what is the difference?

What's the difference, you ask?!....WELL, I'm here to tell you exactly what that difference is!!....You can post in the playful penguin place! Earn mucho respect!! Create nifty profiles! Gain posts! ...have killer names like Badtz Maru or Tuxedo Sam, or even better....OPUS!!!   :D

The possibilities are....endless...ENDLESS!!!   :D

-Beth

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/16/05 at 4:10 pm

What's the difference, you ask?!....WELL, I'm here to tell you exactly what that difference is!!....You can post in the playful penguin place! Earn mucho respect!! Create nifty profiles! Gain posts! ...have killer names like Badtz Maru or Tuxedo Sam, or even better....OPUS!!!   :D

The possibilities are....endless...ENDLESS!!!   :D

-Beth

Or a boring one..... like Jamie McBain!  ;D

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 06/16/05 at 6:12 pm

I don't get why anyone wouldn't want to register.  What have you got to lose?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/16/05 at 6:22 pm

Yeah, I don't understand it, either. I mean, you can do so much more. It's not like it costs anything. ::shrugs::

So, ya hear that you guests!!? JOIN!! End the creepy lurking!!! Hakuna Matata!!!

~Beth :D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/16/05 at 6:34 pm

Because, the more posts you have the loonier you become...wait :D ;D

Written By: GRS's evil twin on 06/16/05 at 7:18 pm

Sometimes I just don't feel like logging on. So I just lurk about and post in the decades boards.  :D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/16/05 at 7:35 pm

Sometimes I just don't feel like logging on. So I just lurk about and post in the decades boards.  :D

I'm onto you, GoodRedShirt! The jig is UP, ya creepy lurker!!!!!  :D

~Beth

Written By: Return of Jessica on 06/17/05 at 3:29 am

I'm sure your "creepy bastards" remark will have the guests FLOCKING in to join. ::)

As for my guest status, I was a member before, but I found myself spending too much time on here. So I deleted my account, which effectively ended my addiction to this place. Now that I've been a guest for the past couple of months, I find that being a guest has many advantages. I don't have to worry about impressing the masses in the Members Only forum, I don't have to worry about thinking of a sarcastic response to the bullsh*t on the Politics board, I don't have to agonize over my avatar and my sigline, and I don't have to worry about getting stupid and pathetic PM's from people that are either trying to insult me or force me to call them out in the forums. I have the leisure of leaving messages when I choose to (which is rarely now, my life is way too busy), and I don't have to worry about answering someone right away about anything.

Oh yeah, and I really don't care about having anyone's respect either. I don't know you in person, so your respect matters about as much as a fart in the breeze to me. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/17/05 at 7:47 am

I'm sure your "creepy bastards" remark will have the guests FLOCKING in to join. ::)

As for my guest status, I was a member before, but I found myself spending too much time on here. So I deleted my account, which effectively ended my addiction to this place. Now that I've been a guest for the past couple of months, I find that being a guest has many advantages. I don't have to worry about impressing the masses in the Members Only forum, I don't have to worry about thinking of a sarcastic response to the bullsh*t on the Politics board, I don't have to agonize over my avatar and my sigline, and I don't have to worry about getting stupid and pathetic PM's from people that are either trying to insult me or force me to call them out in the forums. I have the leisure of leaving messages when I choose to (which is rarely now, my life is way too busy), and I don't have to worry about answering someone right away about anything.

Oh yeah, and I really don't care about having anyone's respect either. I don't know you in person, so your respect matters about as much as a fart in the breeze to me. :)

I think mainly she was addressing the "guests" who come in and out....spamming the boards with unwanted garbage posts (ie.."I am 8 years old and I like 70's music and I am embarrassed", or "why are you all gay", or ones that come on here to specifically start arguements with established guests,.. etc)..., not the guests who were once registered members....besides, you have to know Beth's personality to know that she wasn't trying to be rude or anything to these guests, ask any member who knows her, that's just how she is.  SO.......to all of you guests who were offended by her remarks....don't sweat it, mkay...it wasn't meant to be taken personally.

Erin :)

Written By: Guiness on 06/17/05 at 9:08 am

Well, I'm not trying to spam.  I just wanted to let people know about the website my friend is making, so I posted one message about that, but he's having some problems, so it's not up yet.  Sorry.  And I'm not trying to be nasty, like calling people creepy or anything.  I don't like to be a member of forums because I don't like getting e-messages from people I don't know and people sending messages saying "hey, my name is betty, wanna chat?" all the time.  And I don't want to get on any mailing lists.  So, if it's okay, I'll be a guest.  If that's not allowed, then why isn't this set up to be a member-only board?  :(

Written By: FaultyDog on 06/17/05 at 10:48 am

Personally, I don't see any problem with people being guests, as long as they obey the general rules (which most of you guests do). If you don't wanna be a member (anymore), that is entirely up to you.  :)

Anyway, that's just my opinion. As if anyone cares! ;D ;)

Written By: goodsin on 06/17/05 at 11:47 am

I don't like to be a member of forums because I don't like getting e-messages from people I don't know and people sending messages saying "hey, my name is betty, wanna chat?" all the time.  And I don't want to get on any mailing lists. 

Wow, I've never had this happen to me. Am I on the wrong board, or does nobody like me enough to bother me in such a fashion? (Rhetorical question!) Either way, I'd hope what few details I supplied when joining would not be passed to third parties, as there doesn't seem to be anything I've read which warns you of this.

Written By: Apricot on 06/17/05 at 12:20 pm

My idea:

Let Guests Post. Give Them An "Trial Period" of 9-10 {maybe more} guest posts per IP address {know this might be hard for AOL members}, then they have to register.. if they continue spam posting, ban 'em. Something like that. Maybe I can figure out a way to articulate it better..

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/17/05 at 12:23 pm

People join or don't join for whatever the reason and that is their choice. Yes, there are some guests who are obnoxious but there are also some members who are too. I don't think it does anyone any good to say "all guests are _________" or "all board members are _______". If someone wants to join, that is great. But if they don't, that is ok too. To each his/her own. This is a public forum for anyone to use and as long as they abide by the rules.

Ok, that is my two cents.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 06/17/05 at 2:23 pm

You forgot that you can get wicked PM's too.....Right Howard ? ;)

Exactly CM! ::)

Written By: Paul on 06/17/05 at 3:58 pm

Sanity, mostly...but when has that ever been a pre-requisite here?!!

Be warned, once you've joined you'll never leave...!

If you do, we'll forward your address to Howard...!

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 06/17/05 at 7:17 pm

Yeah...I'm beginning to see the addictiveness of this place.  One of the best parts is the thrill of getting to another Penguin level... :D

Written By: Apricot on 06/17/05 at 7:34 pm

Yeah...I'm beginning to see the addictiveness of this place.  One of the best parts is the thrill of getting to another Penguin level... :D

Aw yeah.. sadly, at my level, it's hard to achieve new levels.. and then the Poor Opuses, who may never hit another mark again.

Written By: Climber on 06/18/05 at 2:00 am

Ditto.

Right... ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/18/05 at 4:32 pm

If you do, we'll forward your address to Howard...!

Hey,stop that Paul. ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...