inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sad News On My Mother's Side of Family

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/16/05 at 10:14 pm

You've probably known by now that my mom did in 1999. I had just found out from my sister that my aunt's (her sister's) husband, the one who had was parylized in a car accident after he and his wife visited mom in the hospital, committed suicide a year and a half after she died. No one knew about it until today when my sister asked a friend to look for my aunt's family living in North Carolina. The friend then spoke with the daughter who was working there. The news was rather distressing, and it did happen just I lost mom. I just we can't take anything for granted. He'll be missed, anyway. :\'(   

Subject: Re: Sad News On My Mother's Side of Family

Written By: Harmonica on 06/16/05 at 10:39 pm

I'm very sorry to hear this.

I feel for you, I hate to see people hurt.

your in my prayers.

Written By: nally on 06/16/05 at 11:24 pm

That's very sad news indeed. :\'(

I feel for you, I hate to see people hurt.

Same here. :(

Written By: bj26 on 06/17/05 at 7:51 am

You can't change the past so no use dwelling there, best to make the present and future happier times.  Your Mom and uncle are still alive within you.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/17/05 at 10:31 am

Please except my condolences. My thoughts are with you.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 06/17/05 at 2:25 pm

I hope you're feeeling better IG! :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/17/05 at 4:17 pm

I hope things are going ok.  :\'(

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 06/17/05 at 7:09 pm

You've probably known by now that my mom did in 1999. I had just found out from my sister that my aunt's husband (from mom's side of the family), the one who had was parylized in a car accident after he and his wife visited mom in the hospital, committed suicide a year and a half after she died. No one knew about it until today when my sister asked a friend to look for my aunt's family living in North Carolina. The friend then spoke with the daughter who was working there. The news was rather distressing, and it did happen just I lost mom. I just we can't take anything for granted. He'll be missed, anyway. :\'(   

I'm sorry for your loss.  I'm rather new here and don't know you very well yet, but my heart goes out to your family, especially your poor aunt.  :\'(

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/18/05 at 2:39 pm

Thanks for all the messages, even yours, bj26.  :-\\
I just think that losing a loved one here is never easy, even if they are in a "better place". Mark may never get over lsong a son, and many others are having the same sense of loss. I have learned to move on. So although I may not express feeling on the outside, the inside will always have an empty pit. :\'( 

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/18/05 at 2:49 pm

You've probably known by now that my mom did in 1999. I had just found out from my sister that my aunt's (her sister's) husband, the one who had was parylized in a car accident after he and his wife visited mom in the hospital, committed suicide a year and a half after she died. No one knew about it until today when my sister asked a friend to look for my aunt's family living in North Carolina. The friend then spoke with the daughter who was working there. The news was rather distressing, and it did happen just I lost mom. I just we can't take anything for granted. He'll be missed, anyway. :\'( 
I'm so sorry Jonathan, please know that I'm with you :\'(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/18/05 at 2:56 pm

I just think that losing a loved one here is never easy, even if they are in a "better place". Mark may never get over lsong a son, and many others are having the same sense of loss. I have learned to move on. So although I may not express feeling on the outside, the inside will always have an empty pit. :\'( 
Yeah Jonathan, the worst things I ever heard were "You need to get over it"...of course that will never happen AND a former member/lowlife scum once told me "Blaine is better off dead than with you"....but with friends like you I have learned to move forward, however slowly. ;)

Written By: Howard on 06/18/05 at 4:26 pm

It's not easy losing a loved one.It was actually 10 years ago this month that my brother had passed away in his sleep. :(

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/18/05 at 11:01 pm

Thanks, Mark. I know that you're there when I need you and my friends. And you'll always be in my prayers.
I'm so sorry Jonathan, please know that I'm with you :\'(

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/18/05 at 11:02 pm

I'm so sorry, Howard. I am sure he's in a better place. I know the past decade hasn;t been easy on you.
It's not easy losing a loved one.It was actually 10 years ago this month that my brother had passed away in his sleep. :(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 06/18/05 at 11:20 pm

Thanks, Mark. I know that you're there when I need you and my friends. And you'll always be in my prayers.
No Problem, my friend ;)

Written By: bj26 on 06/19/05 at 12:23 pm

Sorry I couldn't make you feel better, I tried -  just came up a little short when they handed out the communication skills.

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/19/05 at 12:51 pm

I understand. At least you tried. ;)

Sorry I couldn't make you feel better, I tried -  just came up a little short when they handed out the communication skills.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/19/05 at 1:36 pm

Yeah Jonathan, the worst things I ever heard were "You need to get over it". ;)

You NEVER get over it, but you do learn to deal with it.

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/19/05 at 1:37 pm

Sorry to hear the bad news, IndyGent. Hope you are dealing with it OK...

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/20/05 at 10:21 am

Thanks, LB. I'm dealing with it the best I can.
Sorry to hear the bad news, IndyGent. Hope you are dealing with it OK...

Written By: Howard on 06/20/05 at 4:35 pm

I'm so sorry, Howard. I am sure he's in a better place. I know the past decade hasn;t been easy on you.

Thanks IG :)

Check for new replies or respond here...