inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Lindsay "Long Island Lolita" Lohan destroys another Disney Classic...

Written By: Maddie's The Boss on 06/22/05 at 12:49 am

First "Parent Trap", second "Freaky Friday",  now "Herbie: the Love Bug"  :P

Though I don't know if a remake of one of the Herbie movies or it's a new installment, but I know that it'll be a mess.

Heck, I bet Lohan and most of her fans aren't even familiar with the original "Herbie" movies, the other remakes, and even classic Disney movies & cartoon characters.

I'm not a fan of classic Disney movies, but they should be left alone and brought back on TV to be enjoyed by generations to come, like myself who like classic Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Chip n' Dale, cartoons, "Dumbo", "Fun & Fancy Free", "Fantasia", and watched 'em on The Disney Channel, which now is nearly all garbage.

Except for "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody", which stars the funny & cute Ashley Tisdale.  The rest...far worse than a gas station bathroom.  :P

I've heard a rumor that they're in works of a live action version of "Under Dog".

I'm not familiar with the show and did research...found out it's a cartoon. Idiots  ::)

Subject: Re: Lindsay "Long Island Lolita" Lohan destroys another Disney Classic...

Written By: Im Batman on 06/22/05 at 2:07 am

Lindsay's biggest crime is losing her curves, dying her hair blond, going anorexic, and trying to be the poor person's Paris Hilton.

I miss the robo babe Lindsay of Mean Girls.

Subject: Re: Lindsay "Long Island Lolita" Lohan destroys another Disney Classic...

Written By: Apricot on 06/22/05 at 8:35 am

Lindsay's biggest crime is losing her curves, dying her hair blond, going anorexic, and trying to be the poor person's Paris Hilton.

Quite.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/22/05 at 9:29 am

Please Disney, don't remake Tron....  ::)

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/22/05 at 1:14 pm

Just wait until Lindsay messes up "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves" :o

Written By: saver on 06/22/05 at 6:55 pm

OUT WEST IT GOT GOOD REVIEWS..3 STARS OUTOF 4

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/23/05 at 10:36 pm

I loved Lindsay in the remakes of "Parent Trap" and "Freaky Friday"....she was so cute, wholesome....and not like the rest...but now she is just a carbon copy of every other Hollywood girl.

Erin :)

Written By: Howard on 06/24/05 at 5:16 pm

Just wait until Lindsay messes up "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves" :o

They're going to remake that,you must be joking me? :o

Written By: Powerslave on 06/24/05 at 11:22 pm

I think that WAS a jok Howard. :)

I liked Lindsay when she was curvy and, yes, I thought she was a breath of fresh air too. But now she's disappointed me the same way that Christina Ricci did.

BTW - The original Herbie, and all the sequels, were crap in the first place.

Written By: Howard on 06/25/05 at 4:36 pm

They're going to have to re-make Snow White And The Seven Dwarves with midgets. ;D

Written By: Maddie's The Boss on 06/27/05 at 6:24 pm

Rented one of the originals, and also stunk...  :P

The soundtrack's even worse since it's mostly covers of classic songs from the '70's & '80's.

Even one bad '80's song made into even worse: "Walking On Sunshine" originally from Katrina & The Waves, remade by Aly & AJ, their music must be banned before they hit the airwaves (outside of Disney Channel) like the Long Island Lolita Lindsay Lohan.  :P

Aly, from Aly & AJ, is also a bad actress who plays Kelly from "Phil of the Future", which has to be the worst show of All Time, even my nephew can't stand this drek.

Written By: memory on 06/27/05 at 6:46 pm

shes hot though

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/27/05 at 8:00 pm

Rented one of the originals, and also stunk...  :P

The soundtrack's even worse since it's mostly covers of classic songs from the '70's & '80's.

Even one bad '80's song made into even worse: "Walking On Sunshine" originally from Katrina & The Waves, remade by Aly & AJ, their music must be banned before they hit the airwaves (outside of Disney Channel) like the Long Island Lolita Lindsay Lohan.  :P

Aly, from Aly & AJ, is also a bad actress who plays Kelly from "Phil of the Future", which has to be the worst show of All Time, even my nephew can't stand this drek.

You gotta kidding...  ::)

Written By: Im Batman on 06/27/05 at 11:59 pm

shes hot though

Lindsay was hot a year ago, not now.

Written By: Miss Tainted on 06/28/05 at 12:06 am

I loved Lindsay in the remakes of "Parent Trap" and "Freaky Friday"....she was so cute, wholesome....and not like the rest...but now she is just a carbon copy of every other Hollywood girl.

Erin :)

I agree.

Written By: whitewolf on 07/23/05 at 8:59 pm

I like her acting, sure she lost some weight and dyed her hair but that doesn't make her a bad actress.

as for putting her down for being in remakes-(isn't that her job)-to act in whatever show her agent says and follow whatever script that is givin to her.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/23/05 at 9:14 pm

We shouldn't go after Lindsay for this as much as we should the idiots that came up with the Idea to remake the film so they could line thier pockets ::)

Written By: Powerslave on 07/24/05 at 5:04 pm

We shouldn't go after Lindsay for this as much as we should the idiots that came up with the Idea to remake the film so they could line thier pockets ::)

That would be the Disney Corporation I suspect.

Written By: STAR70 on 07/31/05 at 4:41 pm

in "confessions of a teenage drama queen" there's a dream sequence where she's dressed in a white halter top dress like Marilyn Monroe. HOTT!!

Written By: danootaandme on 07/31/05 at 6:55 pm

Quite right, she's a 19 year old actress, not the producer or director.  And what happened to the penquins?
I miss them.  :(

Check for new replies or respond here...