inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Movies you (surprisingly) enjoyed

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 06/25/05 at 9:22 pm

This past week I've seen 2 different movies in the theatres, neither of which I was too enthused to go see, but I ended up really enjoying them both:
First I saw "Mr. and Mrs. Smith."  Not too fond of Brad Pitt and I HATE Angelina Jolie.  But despite all the action, it seemed to me as more of a romantic comedy. 
Last nite I went 2 c "Batman Begins."  I hate superhero movies.  X-Men bored me to death and I couldn't watch past 5 minutes of Spiderman.  But I thought this was really REALLY good!

Subject: Re: Movies you (surprisingly) enjoyed

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/25/05 at 11:12 pm

I didn't think that I would like the movie, "The Longest Yard" because I don't generally like football movies....however, I was pleasantly surprised...it was quite good!

Erin :)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/25/05 at 11:16 pm

Star Wars (The last one) - the one relased 2 years ago was so crap, I'd think this new one would suck too.

Written By: jiminy on 06/26/05 at 1:01 pm

Still Breathing with Brendan Fraser (it's a chick flick), I can find most of his movies in the Walmart $5 bin but not this one

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/26/05 at 1:15 pm

Revenge of the Nerds. When I first heard the title, I thought it was going to be sooooo stupid but I was shocked that I really enjoyed it that I now own it on video. (The sequals sucked, though)

Batman Returns. I didn't care too much for the first one so I thought the second one was going to be as bad but again, I was surprised that I really enjoyed it.

Cat

Written By: Billy Florio on 06/26/05 at 11:24 pm

Mean Girls--very well written and very funny.  The movie actually has a meaning as well as themes and even a moral...not something too many teen comedies have these days.

Saved--I thought I was gonna hate this movie (and all I ended up hating was the horrible cover of the Beach Boys "God only knows").  Very insightful and well written movie.  My only problem with it was that the prom scene went on for too long.  They should have cut it before the exiled people came back.  All that was after that was redundant and just repeating the point over and over. 

Harold and Kumar go to white castle--Ihated Dude wheres my car.  Hated it.  So i figured this was going to be just as stupid and pointless.  Man was I wrong.  The movie is histerical.  One of the funnist movies of the past 5 years.  Not a bad script. 

Written By: Carrie on 06/27/05 at 2:01 am

Harold and Kumar go to white castle--Ihated Dude wheres my car.  Hated it.  So i figured this was going to be just as stupid and pointless.  Man was I wrong.  The movie is histerical.  One of the funnist movies of the past 5 years.  Not a bad script. 

Same here. I thought I would hate it and laughed my a$$ off.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/27/05 at 2:02 am

The new batman movie. Granted it wasn't great, it wasn't terrible either.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/27/05 at 6:14 am

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle
The Paper Chase (1973, Timothy Bottoms, Lindsay Wagner, John Houseman--I avoided this one for years, but really enjoyed it when I finally saw it!)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/27/05 at 1:38 pm

King Arthur, when the auidence saw it first came out it pretty much bombed, I saw it on Cable recently, and thought it was pretty good.

Written By: Howard on 06/27/05 at 4:21 pm

Madagascar

Written By: memory on 06/27/05 at 6:46 pm

hitch

Written By: Billy Florio on 06/27/05 at 9:30 pm

oh here's another one i thought I was gonna hate: Pirates of the Carribean: the Curse of the black pearl...I actually loved it, I couldnt beleive it

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/27/05 at 9:39 pm

oh here's another one i thought I was gonna hate: Pirates of the Carribean: the Curse of the black pearl...I actually loved it, I couldnt beleive it

well...I actually loved to look at Johnny Depp in that movie....there's something about guys who wear eyeliner...that make me crazy!

Erin :)

Written By: woops on 06/27/05 at 9:45 pm

"Just Married"

Check for new replies or respond here...