inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Commentary: Tom Cruise, Shut Your Pie Hole!

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/25/05 at 10:29 pm

To Tom Cruise: "Stop pushing your Scientology crap on us, the moviegoing public. You insult Brooke Shields for taking anti-depressants and preach about the powers of psychiatry. No wonder you're as messed up as you are, dating a woman half your age, then acting like a child on "Oprah". As a user of anti-depressants prescribed by my psychiatrist (that right, Mister War of the Wormholes), I take offense that a famous person who's so-called religion scrambled his brains is telling us normal folks that medicine stinks. Employees of pharmaceuticals like Lilly and Co. will obviously beg to differ. Let's just hope you don't get seriously injured during one of your movies. You'll need all the prayers you can get." >:(

I know he can't hear me. I just wanted to get that off me chest. :-X 

Subject: Re: Commentary: Tom Cruise, Shut Your Pie Hole!

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/25/05 at 10:37 pm

To Tom Cruise: "Stop pushing your Scientology crap on us, the fans moviegoing. You insult Brooke Shields for taking anti-depressants and preach about the powers of psychiatry. No wonder your as messed up as you are, dating a woman half your age, then acting like a child on "Oprah". As a user of anti-depressants prescribed by my psychiatrist (that right, Mister War of the Wormholes), I take offense that a famous person who's so-called religion scrambled his brains is telling us normal folks that medicine stinks. Employees of pharmaceuticals like Lilly and Co. will obviously beg to differ. Let's just hope you don't get seriously injured during one of your movies. You'll need all the prayers you can get." >:(

I know he can't hear me. I just wanted to get that off me chest. :-X 

Yes, he is an ass! I have lost any respect I held for him. Yeah, he's read up on Psychiatry (whatever his "cult" pushed in front of him to read). Stick to running from aliens and saying the cheesy lines "I feel the need..for speed" and "You Complete Me".

ass!

Indy, I'm assuming you saw the Today Show. I'm glad Matt Lauer stuck it to him, though.

Tanya

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/25/05 at 10:40 pm

I saw parts of it on MSNBC. Matt should have squirted him with a jet blaster. :D

Yes, he is an butt! I have lost any respect I held for him. Yeah, he's read up on Psychiatry (whatever his "cult" pushed in front of him to read). Stick to running from aliens and saying the cheesy lines "I feel the need..for speed" and "You Complete Me".

butt!

Indy, I'm assuming you saw the Today Show. I'm glad Matt Lauer stuck it to him, though.

Tanya

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/25/05 at 10:57 pm

I agree...I can't stand this guy! I happened to stumble upon a recent interview of him...and I have to say...he is one of the most conceited men I have ever heard of.  He kept mentioning over and over again about how much HE has helped his fans and so many people....what a self righteous jerk!!!!

Erin :)

Written By: Miss Tainted on 06/26/05 at 5:19 am

I never liked Tom Cruise but now he's just a joke to me.  :-\\

Written By: TC1970 on 06/26/05 at 7:02 am

I like Tom Cruise.  I commend him for standing up for his religion.  I Don't agree with his religion but to each his/her own.

Most celebrity me are somehow involved with much younger women.  Whatever floats his boat.

All the press is doing is  provoking him. (IMO) 

I think lately he has been annoying and he comes across as having an ego but what celebrity does not have an ego?  ;)

Written By: Carrie on 06/26/05 at 12:50 pm

I like Tom Cruise.  I commend him for standing up for his religion.  I Don't agree with his religion but to each his/her own.

Most celebrity me are somehow involved with much younger women.  Whatever floats his boat.

All the press is doing is  provoking him. (IMO) 

I think lately he has been annoying and he comes across as having an ego but what celebrity does not have an ego?  ;)

I agree. I am not into Scientology but if that is what he believes in, that is his choice I guess.

I agree about the press as well. THEY are the ones who are making such a big deal about everything involving him. THEY are the ones shoving him and all the stuff with Katie down our throats. This is just another dumb celebrity thing that has taken over the news... first Brad and Angelina, now these guys, soon enough there will be another couple dominating the news. It is the annoying media that does it.

As for Katie... I am not big into worrying about age differences. I could care less if they were 2 years apart or 20, age doesn't mean anything IMO. As long as you are happy and in love, that is all that matters. I don't know if Tom really is, but I am assuming he is by what he says.

I am just tired of hearing about them.

Written By: TC1970 on 06/27/05 at 6:42 am

I am just tired of hearing about them.

I hear ya! ;)

Written By: Gis on 06/27/05 at 7:00 am

I've never liked him even less so when he started to re-write history in his films !
I do get annoyed at the way he forces his religion too, people have a right to their own beliefs and he should respect that rather than acting like his is the only true religion there is.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/27/05 at 1:36 pm

Tom has been hanging around Sean "I am overseas being a reporter" Penn for too long, what happend to the old Tom Cruise?  ::)

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/27/05 at 1:40 pm

What old Tom Cruise? I believe he's just showing his true colors. Anyone who can't get it up with Nicole Kidman must be in love with himself. ::)

Written By: Carrie on 06/27/05 at 2:17 pm

If he and Katie are truly in love, though, I wish them the best.....as I would for anyone else.  Let's face it though, his track record when it comes to marriage isn't the best....third time's a charm??? 
Interesting thing about his past marriages. I remember reading that one of his reasons for breaking up with Mimi Rogers is she was unable to give him children, something he really wanted. Then he marries Nicole and they have children, only they were not their own, they adopted them. I don't know if Nicole was unable to conceive or just didn't want to be pregnant or what. I just found it very interesting. Maybe young Katie can give him some?...

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/27/05 at 4:08 pm

Interesting thing about his past marriages. I remember reading that one of his reasons for breaking up with Mimi Rogers is she was unable to give him children, something he really wanted. Then he marries Nicole and they have children, only they were not their own, they adopted them. I don't know if Nicole was unable to conceive or just didn't want to be pregnant or what. I just found it very interesting. Maybe young Katie can give him some?...

I think he can't have the children (or according to a certain rumor, won't take the steps necessary to conceive).

Tanya

Written By: Howard on 06/27/05 at 4:15 pm

When is his break-up with Katie Holmes? ::)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/27/05 at 4:17 pm

Oh Goddddddd

soon I hope

I'm sick of his pathetic juvenile gushing

Written By: Howard on 06/27/05 at 4:20 pm

All he talks about is how in love with his wife he is.Big Deal! :P

Written By: Carrie on 06/27/05 at 5:39 pm

I think he can't have the children (or according to a certain rumor, won't take the steps necessary to conceive).

Tanya
Ahhh... I know what rumor you are talking about...  ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/27/05 at 10:50 pm

I had a reply here, but it was too political, so I posted it on the politix board instead.

Written By: Jessica on 06/28/05 at 2:49 am

Ahhh... I know what rumor you are talking about...  ;)

You mean the rumor about him and Brad Pitt being lovers?

Tom and Katie: Their age difference doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that they both have high profile movies out or coming out. The whole thing smacks of a publicity stunt.

Tom and his supposed authority on drugs and psychiatry: Whatever. I must say, however, that I gained a great deal of respect for Brooke Shields and her comebacks to his stupid comments. Rock on.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/28/05 at 4:01 am

Tom and Katie: Their age difference doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that they both have high profile movies out or coming out. The whole thing smacks of a publicity stunt.

Tom and his supposed authority on drugs and psychiatry: Whatever. I must say, however, that I gained a great deal of respect for Brooke Shields and her comebacks to his stupid comments. Rock on.

Eww yuk.

I've never EVER understood what the big attraction is with these two blokes.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/28/05 at 5:59 am

I saw parts of it on MSNBC. Matt should have squirted him with a jet blaster. :D

Well put Indy Gent  :)

I like and empathise with your original post - but I'd like to see the sanctimonious twerp blasted with a full on water cannon right in the kisser!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/28/05 at 12:33 pm

You rule Brooke!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/28/05 at 12:34 pm

I think that there should be some sort of time apart taken by them, they are pretty seen everywhere (on TV, in newspapers, magazines...).

Check for new replies or respond here...