inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I'm Glad That Bethany Hamilton, The One Armed Teen Surfer, Is Doing Well

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/29/05 at 9:09 am

Saw her interview on The Insider last night. She even has a movie coming out.  But one question though, why does she still sound like a 13-year-old girl. I hope that the shark attack she sufffered a couple years ago hasn't affected her mental capacities too. :-\\

Subject: Re: I'm Glad That Bethany Hamilton, The One Armed Teen Surfer, Is Doing Well

Written By: Marian on 06/29/05 at 9:27 pm

Saw her interview on The Insider last night. She even has a movie coming out.  But one question though, why does she still sound like a 13-year-old girl. I hope that the shark attack she sufffered a couple years ago hasn't affected her mental capacities too. :-\\
Wasn't it only about a year ago?And I'm not sure what yoiu mean by sounding like a 13-year old :-\\I mean,it seems that her sport is really important to her,and maybe she's not into sex and other adult matters(I hope) yet.Otherwise,

Subject: Re: I'm Glad That Bethany Hamilton, The One Armed Teen Surfer, Is Doing Well

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/29/05 at 9:53 pm

She was attacked on October 13, 2003 and had to have her arm amputated on November 1st of that same year.

My point, Marian,  was that Bethany still has the stature and voice of a 13-year old girl even though she's almost 15. I didn't say anything about sex. 

If you want to see her as she is today, here a good link:

http://www.bethanyhamilton.com/

Wasn't it only about a year ago?And I'm not sure what yoiu mean by sounding like a 13-year old :-\\I mean,it seems that her sport is really important to her,and maybe she's not into sex and other adult matters(I hope) yet.Otherwise,

Written By: Marian on 06/30/05 at 2:33 pm

She was attacked on October 13, 2003 and had to have her arm amputated on November 1st of that same year.

My point, Marian,  was that Bethany still has the stature and voice of a 13-year old girl even though she's almost 15. I didn't say anything about sex. 

If you want to see her as she is today, here a good link:

http://www.bethanyhamilton.com/

I wasn't implying she was into sex,I just meant she shouldn't act like she's 18,because she isn't.And isn';t she kind of tall--like 5'6" or 5'7"?She may be finished growing,or be a late bloomer who's going to be REALLY tall.And some people just genetically have "youthfull' voices,especially if they don't smoke :P!Cheers!

Written By: Howard on 06/30/05 at 2:55 pm

I would date her if only she was a bit older.

Check for new replies or respond here...