inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Your opinion on HDTV becoming the US broadcast STANDARD in 2007?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/02/05 at 5:47 pm

I don't know how many people here know that the new broadcast and cable standard TV system is going to change,officially,from the current standard(NTSC here in America)to High Definition....
What the h*ll is going to happen to those of us who have no $$$$$$$ to get a high-definition TV set?
And is it HONESTLY worth the price considering the mostly CRAPPY programming on American television?

I would have made this a poll but this IS IMHO a topic which merits discussion...

Subject: Re: Your opinion on HDTV becoming the US broadcast STANDARD in 2007?

Written By: bbigd04 on 07/02/05 at 10:08 pm

Everybody who has cable will need to have a digital box, if you don't already have one, may add 5 bucks or so to your subscription, with satellitle you're set, it's already all digital.  If you use an antenna, you will need to buy a high definition digital tuner which will probably cost you at least $100. No body will need to buy a new tv however.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/03/05 at 7:27 pm

Yeah but to get the BENEFITS of HDTV...the 1080i resolution picture quality...you will have to have a set capable of the HD picture..

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/03/05 at 7:31 pm

And I think the true HDTV sets will come down in price eventually....that's what happened with color sets...as well as sets capable of stereo sound. There WILL be a demand for those sets...I have seen HDTV at my day program..and yes the picture quality is AWESOME...especially with movies!!

Written By: Apricot on 07/03/05 at 7:32 pm

I ain't want to change over too much, don't care, but I'll deal with it.

Check for new replies or respond here...