inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: If u think 2dayz musik sukz come here

Written By: chris2 on 07/03/05 at 9:22 pm

I would kike 2 say it does not

at least the rock part of  it Green day 4ever

pop and rap suk

Subject: Re: If u think 2dayz musik sukz come here

Written By: Carrie on 07/03/05 at 9:24 pm

English, it does wonders...

Written By: chris2 on 07/03/05 at 9:25 pm

I like my computer talk thanku

Written By: Chris2 on 07/03/05 at 9:31 pm

any1 there ???

Written By: Chris2 on 07/03/05 at 9:33 pm

fine ill leave >:(

Written By: Apricot on 07/03/05 at 9:36 pm

Radio Sucks.. but not radio.. now that's good music!

Written By: Maddie's The Boss on 07/03/05 at 9:48 pm

Ditto

Also for "Greed Aid"...some great bands (legends & a few current), but not about charity!  :P

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/03/05 at 9:55 pm

at least the rock part of  it Green day 4ever

pop and rap suk
Heard of going to school and learning English?  ???

Written By: Carrie on 07/03/05 at 10:04 pm

Heard of going to school and learning English?  ???
I told him it does wonders but he likes his "computer talk".  ;D

Written By: bbigd04 on 07/03/05 at 11:36 pm

Well in general most of the stuff on the billboard hot 100, sucks. The 2000's have been the worst years for big hit music, there have been a few good hits though. But if you put on an alternative/rock station, you can hear some good music, pop/cRap stations play mostly garbage thought admittedly I like some of the stuff for some reason, lol.

Written By: Apricot on 07/03/05 at 11:40 pm

Yeah, alternative is pretty cool.

Written By: goodsin on 07/04/05 at 5:15 am

at least the rock part of  it Green day 4ever

pop and rap suk

Are you allowed to use the word kike is the US?  :D

Written By: goodsin on 07/04/05 at 5:26 am

I told him it does wonders but he likes his "computer talk".  ;D

I think it's more like 'text speak'; I can see the reason for it on a telephone (restriction on length), but I feel it's usage on anything other than a telephone displays negative traits in the poster- if you can be bothered to log on here, why can't you be bothered to communicate in the common language of the board? I blame music these days, myself...

Written By: Apricot on 07/04/05 at 9:59 am

You know, he shortened a lot, but his spelling was actually quite good... sure, his Grammar wasn't too good, but it's the internet, you don't HAVE to have good grammar.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/04/05 at 3:05 pm

Honestly,I can't say that ALL of today's music sucks...I like 3 Doors Down, Nickelback, Pink, Fountains of Wayne....some of today's music isn't too shabby.

Written By: Apricot on 07/04/05 at 3:40 pm

I don't think ANYONE can truthfully say ALL of today's music sucks.. I myself have enjoyed a few songs by Coldplay, R.E.M., etc. {I guess I'm Adult Alternative or something}... I think a lot of people just mistake Top 40 Radio as all the music today.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/04/05 at 3:44 pm

Everyday I Love You Less And Less by the Kaiser Chiefs, released this month, was on the radio and I quite enjoyed it.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/04/05 at 7:55 pm

Apparently so does some of today's spelling :D

Green Day...they SUCK. American Idiot ??? If anyone had recorded a song cutting down Clinton they'd have been put in jail. They should join Rosie, Babs, Michael Moore and Linda Ronstadt and just go away :P

My son Randall brought the latest Weezer CD over and I really like it.

Written By: Everlong on 07/04/05 at 8:47 pm

The only modern band that I honestly can say I like would be Coldplay.  I don't really like the way they market themselves to be a Chris Martin and Those Other Guys Band, but they're not bad.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/04/05 at 9:05 pm

I've said it 100 times and I'll say it again:

If you listen to top 40 radio (or almost any radio station claiming to play "Today's Best Music" whether it be pop, rock, rap etc) then of course you are going to think new music sucks. What you need to do is look beyond the chart toppers and the like and find the lesser known stuff, the stuff you won't hear on a top 40 radio station. (Granted, I do like some popular rock bands such as The Killers, Coldplay, Beck, Weezer etc.)

The indie and alternative rock scene is evolving faster than ever, and will hopefully one day take over and become the mainstream.

Heres some links to check out:
http://www.indierockresource.com/
http://www.wazee.org/ (Internet Radio)
http://new.woxy.com/ (Internet Radio)
http://www.matadorrecords.com/music/mp3s.html
http://www.audioscrobbler.com/

Written By: Apricot on 07/04/05 at 10:05 pm

Green Day...they SUCK. American Idiot ??? If anyone had recorded a song cutting down Clinton they'd have been put in jail. They should join Rosie, Babs, Michael Moore and Linda Ronstadt and just go away :P

My son Randall brought the latest Weezer CD over and I really like it.

Green Day? Nimrod was a decent album, but only in small doses.

And the new Weezer CD? My friend said it sucked.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/04/05 at 10:33 pm

Green Day to me is a greatest hits band. They have a few good songs, but most others suck. Weezer is the same.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/04/05 at 10:38 pm

Green Day to me is a greatest hits band. They have a few good songs, but most others suck. Weezer is the same.
Hey, I respect your opinions. Mine is that Green Day Sucks and to be brutally honest...I like "Beverly Hills" from the new Weezer CD but find the rest of it....average. As for all thier CD's...I LOVE the Green CD...all of it...and most of the Blue and Pinkerton ;)

Written By: Apricot on 07/04/05 at 11:08 pm

Yeah, the blue is good.. I've never liked too much else of them.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/04/05 at 11:15 pm

Yeah, the blue is good.. I've never liked too much else of them.
Hey, it's cool. I have a sentimental reason for loving the Green one though. Besides liking it on it's own merit....it was the last stuff Blaine got into :\'(

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/04/05 at 11:18 pm

The Green and Blue albums are the Weezer albums I own and I have to say, nearly all the songs on both albums are great. The other albums, however, maybe 2 or 3.  :-\\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/04/05 at 11:25 pm

The Green and Blue albums are the Weezer albums I own and I have to say, nearly all the songs on both albums are great. The other albums, however, maybe 2 or 3.  :-\\
As much as I respect that....I also agree ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/05/05 at 12:50 am

Apparently so does some of today's spelling :D
Was spellchecker used?

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/05/05 at 12:55 am

Was spellchecker used?
The only words that show up on spellcheck are 'kike' and 'suk'.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/05/05 at 12:57 am

The only words that show up on spellcheck are 'kike' and 'suk'.
The state of the Queen's English these days!

Written By: goodsin on 07/05/05 at 1:23 am

Yes, tut tut. How did 'suk' ever make it onto spellcheck? :D I like the Kaiser Chiefs too (or keister chefs, as one of my mates calls them) Mr Eno. "Every day I love you less & less" & "I predict a riot" are songs that are quite apt for me at the moment...

Written By: Gis on 07/05/05 at 9:23 am

Well I know I am in a minority, infact I probably stand alone but I LOVE  Bowling for Soup.I also like Sum 41, Evanescence,Keane,The Killers, My Chemical Romance to name a few.
I agree with the notion that Rap is Crap I never could get on with that or Hip Hop I think it's all sh*t quite frankly.

Written By: goodsin on 07/05/05 at 10:05 am

I agree with the notion that Rap is Crap I never could get on with that or Hip Hop I think it's all sh*t quite frankly.

Hey, don't mince words, Gis, tell it to us straight!  :D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/05/05 at 10:19 am

It's downright "Ebonical" :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/05/05 at 10:52 am

It's downright "Ebonical" :D
2 rite!

Written By: Apricot on 07/05/05 at 11:06 am

You're kind of stereotyping all Hip Hop and Rap as what you hear on the radio... there are some good rap and hip hop musicians that don't sing about all the same crap. I find the beats rap uses and the rhythmic flow of some rapping very interesting.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/05/05 at 1:34 pm

2 rite!
;D Yo ;)

Written By: Gis on 07/06/05 at 3:21 pm

You're kind of stereotyping all Hip Hop and Rap as what you hear on the radio... there are some good rap and hip hop musicians that don't sing about all the same crap. I find the beats rap uses and the rhythmic flow of some rapping very interesting.
No, I'm afraid I can't stand the style of music full stop.It's not what they sing about it's the music I don't like.I don't listen to the radio so I'm not just judging it on that.
My fiance feels the same way about reggae, any reggae he can't stand it.

Written By: Schillingfan on 07/07/05 at 5:31 pm

I'm only 14 but I hate alot of today's music...

I don't like Simple Plan and Good Charlotte because they are terrible and they are not real real punk groups! The real punk was in the 70's and 80's and from Billy Idol, The Clash and The Sex Pistols! Today's punk is a mere imitation or cheap copy of what was good punk music from 2-3 decades ago!

Also the bands from today are somewhat not good because their music sounds like everybody else's music from today and some bands also imitate bands from the 80's new wave movement.

Some bands like Coldplay and Jet along with Radiohead are okay with me, but the rest of the new groups that my peers like are groups I cannot stand.

As for me, I stick with Falco, Peter Schilling, Tears For Fears and The Cure...

Written By: Kenlos on 07/07/05 at 11:48 pm

I'm only 14 but I hate alot of today's <a href='http://consumeralertsystem.com/cas/zx-hclick.php?hid=268' target='_blank'>music</a>...

I don't like Simple Plan and Good Charlotte because they are terrible and they are not real real punk groups! The real punk was in the 70's and 80's and from Billy Idol, The Clash and The Sex Pistols! Today's punk is a mere imitation or cheap copy of what was good punk <a href='http://consumeralertsystem.com/cas/zx-hclick.php?hid=268' target='_blank'>music</a> from 2-3 decades ago!

Also the bands from today are somewhat not good because their <a href='http://consumeralertsystem.com/cas/zx-hclick.php?hid=268' target='_blank'>music</a> sounds like everybody else's <a href='http://consumeralertsystem.com/cas/zx-hclick.php?hid=268' target='_blank'>music</a> from today and some bands also imitate bands from the 80's new wave movement.

Some bands like Coldplay and Jet along with Radiohead are okay with me, but the rest of the new groups that my peers like are groups I cannot stand.

I have to agree with you on Simple Plan and Good Charlotte.  All they do is make catchy songs that is the only reason they keep making hits.  But overall neither of those bands have any talent at all.  I also agree that Jet and Radiohead are decent but I disagree with you on Coldplay.  It amazes me how Coldplay has become of popular.  The lead singer can't sing to save his life.  As a matter of fact I can only think of maybe 2 or 3 male lead singers out there that are worse.

Most of todays music does suck though.  The music here in the US anyway.  As I have said before a lot of the metal bands from overseas are actually pretty decent, except most of them don't make it in the US because they aren't commercialized enough (In otherwords they aren't trying to make catchy radio hit songs every time, they make nice distinct music that have good melodies).

Written By: Carrie on 07/08/05 at 1:59 am

I'm only 14 but I hate alot of today's music...

I don't like Simple Plan and Good Charlotte because they are terrible and they are not real real punk groups! The real punk was in the 70's and 80's and from Billy Idol, The Clash and The Sex Pistols! Today's punk is a mere imitation or cheap copy of what was good punk music from 2-3 decades ago!

Also the bands from today are somewhat not good because their music sounds like everybody else's music from today and some bands also imitate bands from the 80's new wave movement.

That is what we call pop-punk.

I kind of like this new wave sound coming back... it is cool.

Anyway, you seem to have some really good taste in music. It is nice to see people your age appreciate some of the "oldies". :)

Written By: Apricot on 07/08/05 at 10:35 am

I've never liked punk at all. I don't like anger or rebellion in my music.. I just don't. Dunno why..

I really like Radiohead.. some Coldplay is okay in my book {"Clocks" is an awful song that got too much fame, although I like the similar sounding "Speed of Light", probably because it isn't a lousy attempt at Stream-of-conciousness, whom Beck and Neutral Milk Hotel have already taken the trophies for}... Jet, I just view them as too much of sellouts.. like, they're aren't authentic. Not to say their music isn't decent, I just don't like them.

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/08/05 at 10:42 am

I've never liked punk at all. I don't like anger or rebellion in my music.. I just don't. Dunno why..

I really like Radiohead.. some Coldplay is okay in my book {"Clocks" is an awful song that got too much fame, although I like the similar sounding "Speed of Light", probably because it isn't a lousy attempt at Stream-of-conciousness, whom Beck and Neutral Milk Hotel have already taken the trophies for}... Jet, I just view them as too much of sellouts.. like, they're aren't authentic. Not to say their music isn't decent, I just don't like them.

I heard various reviews a couple years ago, when Jet came out - comparing them to AC/DC. I personally never saw the connection myself. I agree though, their music is merely "okay" but nothing I would buy.

It's probably no secret given some of what I've said in some of my posts (not to mention my current avatar!) that my favorite musical decade is the 80's. Specifically "cheesy" pop-rock songs. ;)

However, truth be told, I like some things from every decade (since the 50's at least). Ever since 1997 or so, I'm more "cherrypicking" as far as songs I like. In other words, I've heard alot of individual songs on the radio I like, or a few album tracks, but I haven't really flipped over a new "full" album in at least 5 years.

And yes, I think pop/punk wore its welcome out in 2002, let alone now. Some of the "originating" bands are cool - such as the Offspring and GreenDay, but it's gotten too copycat since then.

I don't really care for "angry-sounding" music either, unless it's humorous-type anger, or certain heavy metal. I'm talking about the "grunge/nu metal" anger -- that never appealed to me.

Written By: Apricot on 07/08/05 at 10:51 am

I don't really care for "angry-sounding" music either, unless it's humorous-type anger, or certain heavy metal. I'm talking about the "grunge/nu metal" anger -- that never appealed to me.

I'll admit, though, I have somewhat of a liking for the band Jack-Off Jill.. and they're INSANE.  :o  ;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/08/05 at 10:58 am

^ Yeah, I've heard of them. Sort of a female Marilyn Manson-type band is how they seem to be classified - would you tend to agree with this?

Written By: Apricot on 07/08/05 at 11:06 am

I can see that, actually. That makes a lot of sense to classify them. I love their style. All the songs I've heard are like this:

Verse: Pleasant Female Voice sings softly over electric guitars and percussion
Chorus: AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ifeousjaglkejhwsoiguakltuesodigaurosiklgfuewiouaoea
Verse: Pleasant Female Voice, bit faster or more emotional.
Chorus: AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ifeousjaglkejhwsoiguakltuesodigaurosiklgfuewiouaoea
Verse
Chorus: AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ifeousjaglkejhwsoiguakltuesodigaurosiklgfuewiouaoeaChorus: AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ifeousjaglkejhwsoiguakltuesodigaurosiklgfuewiouaoeaChorus: AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ifeousjaglkejhwsoiguakltuesodigaurosiklgfuewiouaoeaChorus: AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ifeousjaglkejhwsoiguakltuesodigaurosiklgfuewiouaoea

Written By: Howard on 07/08/05 at 2:50 pm

What the hell is that all about? ;D

Written By: Apricot on 07/08/05 at 3:56 pm

What the hell is that all about? ;D

That's what Jack-Off Jill's musical structure looks like.  :D

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/09/05 at 10:22 pm

Today's bands that DO NOT S*CK:

P.O.D.

3 Doors Down

Nickelback

No Doubt

Fountains of Wayne

the White Stripes

Switchfoot

Evanescense

Maroon 5

Live(yes they're 90s but they still ROCK)

and a certain 'hair metal' band from the 80s is once again ROCKING THE USA...Motley Crue!

Written By: Apricot on 07/09/05 at 10:27 pm

I can't take Switchfoot.. but the rest are okay in my book. I prefer more obscure bands and aritsts, like Beck, Momus, Neutral Milk Hotel, and the like.

Written By: Kenlos on 07/09/05 at 11:22 pm

P.O.D.

3 Doors Down

Nickelback

No Doubt

Fountains of Wayne

the White Stripes

Switchfoot

Evanescense

Maroon 5

and a certain 'hair metal' band from the 80s is once again ROCKING THE USA...Motley Crue!

For music played almost religiously here in the US then I have to agree with all but Switchfoot and Maroon 5.  Switchfoot had one ok song but other than that they don't do to much for me.  Maroon 5 in my opinion is just plain bad.  The guy can't sing, their music is dull, and on top of that they are the 2nd worst band I have seen live (Default being the worst).  Live and Evanescence being the two best bands on that list.  But there are definitely better bands than those out there today, in my opinion, like Nightwish, Within Temptation (similar to Evanescence, just little more Gothic), Charon, Sonata Arctica, and Kamelot.

Written By: Jessica on 07/10/05 at 3:08 am

Maroon 5 in my opinion is just plain bad.  The guy can't sing, their music is dull, and on top of that they are the 2nd worst band I have seen live (Default being the worst).

THANK YOU! Finally someone agrees with me on how bad they are! I've hated them ever since I heard that d*mned song "She Will Be Loved". Annoying as hell and it sticks in your head like a Post It Note. :P

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/10/05 at 3:12 am

Good bands of today:

Kaiser Chiefs
The Arcade Fire
Weezer
Coldplay
The Foo Fighters
Audioslave
Stereophonics
Velvet Revolver

To name a few.

Written By: Apricot on 07/10/05 at 11:59 am

^ I like Kaiser Chiefs.. but Coldplay.. well, I actually like "Speed of Sound".. but it's just "Clocks" re-packaged.. I don't like "Clocks", I think because it's sucky stream-of-conciousness... but "Speed of Sound" is okay.. of course, I'll hate it once this one guy at school plays it on piano a million times.

Written By: Schillingfan on 07/10/05 at 3:34 pm

I like those musicians because they are a breath of fresh air from some things that are repetitive today...

I think Jack off Jill did a cover of The Cure's 1985 hit "Close To Me" ( I love The Cure's version  :) )

Written By: tv on 07/10/05 at 10:06 pm

For music played almost religiously here in the US then I have to agree with all but Switchfoot and Maroon 5.  Switchfoot had one ok song but other than that they don't do to much for me.  Maroon 5 in my opinion is just plain bad.  The guy can't sing, their music is dull, and on top of that they are the 2nd worst band I have seen live (Default being the worst).  Live and Evanescence being the two best bands on that list.  But there are definitely better bands than those out there today, in my opinion, like Nightwish, Within Temptation (similar to Evanescence, just little more Gothic), Charon, Sonata Arctica, and Kamelot.
Maroon 5 "This Luv" was a good song but thats the only the song I like for them.

Written By: tv on 07/10/05 at 10:11 pm

P.O.D.

3 Doors Down

Nickelback

No Doubt

Fountains of Wayne

the White Stripes

Switchfoot

Evanescense

Maroon 5

Evanescence is good. Switchfoot I liked Meant To Live" but thats about it. 3 Doors Down: liked Kryptonite, Loser, Away From The Sun and Here Without You. Nickleback I liked "Leader Of Men" and "Figured You Out". Yes Live rocks! Mo Doubt: like their stuff from the 90's better.

Written By: Everlong on 07/11/05 at 1:27 am

I don't like Velvet Revolver.  For one, their lead singer sounds awful live.  Slash is an incredible guitarist, and most of the other band members are skilled at what they do, but it all just comes off as a commercial venture.  But then, there's not much in music today that doesn't seem to be bathed in industry technicalities and business, etc. 

The thing that disturbs me about music today is that music labels don't look for talent, they look for what the general public will accept/like. 

Written By: Apricot on 07/11/05 at 11:51 am

The thing that disturbs me about music today is that music labels don't look for talent, they look for what the general public will accept/like. 

Yeah... that's why mainstream pop is just getting worse and worse and worse.. I mean, old Bubblegum Pop used to be slightly bearable.. but now.. Oh God.. I can't even describe the pain.

Written By: Everlong on 07/11/05 at 8:45 pm

Yeah... that's why mainstream pop is just getting worse and worse and worse.. I mean, old Bubblegum Pop used to be slightly bearable.. but now.. Oh God.. I can't even describe the pain.

Exactly.  It's just all about money.  That's the only goal of the music industry today. 

Written By: Apricot on 07/11/05 at 9:24 pm

Exactly.  It's just all about money.  That's the only goal of the music industry today. 

I guess that's why all my artists are from small labels and stuff.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/12/05 at 4:39 am

Very true.  :-\\

Written By: tv on 07/13/05 at 12:10 pm

When hasn't money mattered? Its just music is just based in a radio format right now. I mean the same stations play the same thing. Thats the main problem I see with the music industry nowadays.

Written By: Apricot on 07/13/05 at 12:11 pm

When hasn't money mattered? Its just music is just based in a radio format right now. I mean the same stations play the same thing. Thats the main problem I see with the music industry nowadays.

Well, money used to MATTER, but music was the focal point. Now, they'll throw together anything that will appeal to the demographic of stupid kids who go out and spend their parents' money on CDs they'll never listen to after 2 months when said artist is out of style.. as long as it makes money.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/14/05 at 12:03 pm

THANK YOU! Finally someone agrees with me on how bad they are! I've hated them ever since I heard that d*mned song "She Will Be Loved". Annoying as hell and it sticks in your head like a Post It Note. :P
Agreed....I also think green day Sucks :P

Check for new replies or respond here...