inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Atlanta Motor Speedway Hit By Tornado

Written By: Kenlos on 07/07/05 at 3:35 pm

Atlanta Motor Speedway was hit by a half mile wide tornado yesterday as the remnants of Cindy passed by.  The first link gives you several pictures of some of the damage the speedway sustained and the second link is an article about the tornado on nascar.com.

http://www.atlantamotorspeedway.com/media/news_archive/482561.html
http://www.nascar.com/2005/news/headlines/cup/07/07/atlanta_stormdamage.ap/index.html

Subject: Re: Atlanta Motor Speedway Hit By Tornado

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/07/05 at 3:38 pm

While it's sad about damage to anything....I hope nobody was hurt...I'll check out the links, thanks :-\\

Written By: Carrie on 07/08/05 at 2:04 am

Thanks for the links and info! I will have to share it with my husband. It doesn't look like there is a Nascer race there anytime soon, but they will have to cancel others until it is fixed.

Written By: Marian on 07/08/05 at 1:08 pm

I wonder--if it happened during a race,and the cars got a backwind,would the results count as wind-aided?or would any records broken stuill be considered valid?LOL ;D

Written By: Kenlos on 07/08/05 at 6:14 pm

Thanks for the links and info! I will have to share it with my husband. It doesn't look like there is a Nascer race there anytime soon, but they will have to cancel others until it is fixed.

According to the article they still plan to have the nascar race there in October, so we shall see how things play out.  It wont be easy to get that place back in shape by then.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/08/05 at 6:31 pm

I wonder if God dropped the twister there so that NASCAR fans would be IN CHURCH in that area on Sundays instead of out at the race?  ;)

Just kidding...many NASCAR drivers and fans are Christians. 8)

Written By: gord on 07/09/05 at 8:08 pm

I wonder if God dropped the twister there so that NASCAR fans would be IN CHURCH in that area on Sundays instead of out at the race?  ;)

Or?? he did so that oval fans could check out this place ;)  http://www.roadatlanta.com/index.lasso

I'm sure if there is a god he's a road racing fan 8)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/12/05 at 7:55 pm

Gord, there are two ROAD COURSES in NASCAR Nextel Cup..Infineon(aka Sears Point) and Watkins Glen....

I like the ovals...especially the SHORT TRACKS(especially BRISTOL!!) and the RESTRICTOR-PLATE TRACKS(Daytona and Talladega H*LL YEAH!)

BTW again congrats to Tony Stewart for winning at Daytona(Pepsi 400)and Infineon...H*LL YEAH TONY IS THE MAN!!

Written By: gord on 07/13/05 at 5:15 pm

Gord, there are two ROAD COURSES in NASCAR Nextel Cup..Infineon(aka Sears Point) and Watkins Glen....

I like the ovals...especially the SHORT TRACKS(especially BRISTOL!!) and the RESTRICTOR-PLATE TRACKS(Daytona and Talladega H*LL YEAH!)

BTW again congrats to Tony Stewart for winning at Daytona(Pepsi 400)and Infineon...H*LL YEAH TONY IS THE MAN!!

Yes congrats to Tony, 2 in a row is great :) I know about the 2 Nascar road races, I'm just trying to get a little R.R. racing vs. oval rivalry going here. I wish that more Nascar fans would open their eyes, there is a whole big would of motorsports out there. I was just talking about this at work the other day with a few guys, Nascar fans are Nascar fans for the most part, racing fans are racing fans, all forms Nascar included. Comparing it to music it would be like only listening to one band, with its 43 or so songs ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...