inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Daryl Hall( Hall and Oates)

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 07/07/05 at 5:05 pm

OR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

DARYL HALL DIAGNOSED WITH LYME DISEASE, IS ON TARGET FOR FULL RECOVERY

Postponed tour dates in support of their critically acclaimed new album, OUR KIND OF SOUL, to be rescheduled

NEW YORK, July 6, 2005—Daryl Hall, half of the chart-topping soul duo Daryl Hall & John Oates, has been diagnosed with Lyme Disease. Lyme Disease is caused by the bite of infected deer ticks, and often presents with a characteristic "bull's-eye" rash, which is usually accompanied by flu-like symptoms.

The malady caused Daryl Hall & John Oates to postpone a series of dates over the past few weeks, among them scheduled shows in San Diego and Los Angeles. Diagnosed early, Hall is expected to make a full and rapid recovery and resume the tour as soon as he is able. The duo's manager and agent are currently working on re-scheduling as many postponed shows as possible. The previously scheduled performance dates for August and September will not be affected. A revised tour schedule will be announced shortly.

“We are so sorry to disappoint our fans, but we promise to make it up to them,” said Daryl. “This illness made it impossible for me to give my best effort to our audience, but now that it’s been identified, I’m looking forward to a complete, quick recovery and to get back out there with John as soon as possible.”

Get well soon Daryl

Subject: Re: Daryl Hall( Hall and Oates)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/07/05 at 6:12 pm

Get well soon Daryl!

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/07/05 at 11:36 pm

Hall & Oates were one of my favorite 80s artists as a kid, and I still listen to them all the time, so this thread caught my attention right away.

When I saw the heading, I feared the worst, but I'm so thankful it was diagnosed early, that can make all the difference in cases like this.

Here's to a speedy recovery, Daryl! :)

PS: Doesn't he seem to be one of the celebrities of the 80s that have hardly aged at all? He must be in his mid 50s by now, but doesn't seem it, either in personality or looks.

Written By: Carrie on 07/08/05 at 2:13 am

Lyme Disease can really reek havoc on your body. I know a couple people who have suffered from the effects pretty severly. Good thing they caught it early and he will recover!

Written By: Dagwood on 07/08/05 at 7:09 am

Wow.  Get well soon, Daryl.

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 07/08/05 at 7:58 am

PS: Doesn't he seem to be one of the celebrities of the 80s that have hardly aged at all? He must be in his mid 50s by now, but doesn't seem it, either in personality or looks.

He'll be 60 October 11th.

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/08/05 at 9:06 am

He'll be 60 October 11th.

Thanks for the info. That's even older than I figured (born in 1945 - meaning he was already pushing 40 when he was in the height of the band's fame).

In the Behind the Music ep of theirs, from around 2002, he didn't strike me as any more than 45. Could be the Dick Clark of pop music (well, so is Sammy Hagar)!

Written By: Howard on 07/08/05 at 2:52 pm

Get Well Daryl. :)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/08/05 at 3:50 pm

I wish for the best for him.

Tanya

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/09/05 at 10:15 pm

I am very sad to hear about him being ill but am also glad he's going to be alright. I've always loved his music :)

Check for new replies or respond here...