inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: VH1 SUCKS NOW A DAYS

Written By: 90s boy on 07/09/05 at 5:42 pm

I gotta say VH1 sucks now they air all this crap on including Awesomely bad songs and shows like Strip Search and Kept they all suck

Subject: Re: VH1 SUCKS NOW A DAYS

Written By: Maddie's The Boss on 07/09/05 at 5:44 pm

Ditto

Good thing for DVD collections, only if I  were to get VH1 Classic  8)  :D

Written By: Apricot on 07/09/05 at 6:44 pm

I have a soft spot for countdowns, I'll admit.. and VH1's clever music "punditry" is always welcome in my book.. however, I am getting sick of "America's Next Top Model", "The Surreal Life" and the same countdowns over and over.. but I still have faith in VH1. You needn't be so angry at it.

Written By: Everlong on 07/09/05 at 10:51 pm

^ What he said.

I was really disappointed when I found out that they were bringing back Celebreality this summer.  Ech.  But I still have a soft-spot for VH1.

Written By: Apricot on 07/09/05 at 10:52 pm

^ What he said.

I was really disappointed when I found out that they were bringing back Celebreality this summer.  Ech.  But I still have a soft-spot for VH1.

Yeah, Celeb-Reality sucks.

Written By: 90s boy on 07/10/05 at 12:14 am

im also sick of these Awesomely bad songs and trust me that a stupid list to make they have put some good songs on there to which get's me verey angry.

Its a stupid list and u have these "SO CALLED FAMOUS PEOPLE" jugging on how that song should be it really pisses me off >:(

Written By: Jessica on 07/10/05 at 3:12 am

Its a stupid list and u have these "SO CALLED FAMOUS PEOPLE" jugging on how that song should be it really ticks me off >:(

Actually, those non-famous people help the shows along. Without their snarky comments, it would just be blah.

VH1 is okay, but I'll stick to VH1 Classic and the IMF (International Music Feed) whenever I need to see some videos. :D

Written By: Apricot on 07/10/05 at 11:41 am

Actually, those non-famous people help the shows along. Without their snarky comments, it would just be blah.

The bitter comedians making fun of real celebrities really are what makes me like those countdowns.. they're like satirists... I love it.

im also sick of these Awesomely bad songs and trust me that a stupid list to make they have put some good songs on there to which get's me verey angry

Shoot, some people don't like songs that some people consider good.. I like Voltaire's "God Thinks", but all my Christian friends {Who look at it the wrong way} think it sucks... the point I'm saying is, some people think things suck when others don't.. if they don't agree with you, oh well.. I know I would change up the order of many of the Countdowns, but they're not in my control, so meh.

Written By: Sunflower on 07/10/05 at 1:15 pm

My cable company has unscrambled the Digital Tier stations this weekend and I've been watching VH1 Classics all day. Makes you feel old when the songs/videos you watched in the 80's are now considered "Classics". Now that I'm hooked I'll be calling my cable company on Monday to sign me up for this package that will add another $7.00 a month to my cable bill. Just loved seeing Peter Frampton, Chic, Billy Joel, 10CC, Earth, Wind and Fire, Chicago and all those cute hair bands again.....

Written By: 90s boy on 07/10/05 at 9:28 pm

i have VH1 Classic and its nothing but Videos witch i like :)

Written By: Maddie's The Boss on 07/10/05 at 11:46 pm

i have VH1 Classic and its nothing but Videos witch i like :)

Which is great  8)  :D

Everybody who has it are lucky, only if I were to get digital cable...

Written By: 90s boy on 07/11/05 at 12:10 am

Which is great  8)  :D

Everybody who has it are lucky, only if I were to get digital cable...

heh thats what i have they were showing old Madonna Videos too  :)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/11/05 at 3:23 am

I gotta say VH1 sucks now they air all this crap on including Awesomely bad songs and shows like Strip Search and Kept they all suck

That's an incredible understatement!

Tanya

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/11/05 at 12:57 pm

I'm not too fond of the Celeb-Reality shows. However, VH1 has "I love the 70's 80's & 90's", and those shows are just hilarious. I would definitely choose Vh1 over MTV, anyday.

~Beth

Written By: Howard on 07/11/05 at 5:08 pm

Don't Forget Date My Mom & Next ::)

That's why sometimes I turn to VH1 Classic. :)

Written By: Apricot on 07/11/05 at 8:21 pm

I'm not too fond of the Celeb-Reality shows. However, VH1 has "I love the 70's 80's & 90's", and those shows are just hilarious. I would definitely choose Vh1 over MTV, anyday.

I love the "I Love The..." shows... it's the clever fun-poking those no-name comedians do.

Written By: Carrie on 07/12/05 at 1:57 pm

However, VH1 has "I love the 70's 80's & 90's", and those shows are just hilarious. I would definitely choose Vh1 over MTV, anyday.
I was going to say the same... it is still better then MTV.

I love the "I Love the" shows as well. I also like Best Week Ever and The Surreal Life.

Written By: Howard on 07/12/05 at 4:20 pm

But where's the music these days? You hardly see them on VH1 anymore.  ::)

Written By: Apricot on 07/12/05 at 8:04 pm

Other then TRL {which only shows clips of videos}, and 2 in the morning, there's hardly any on MTV, either.. although I'd prefer VH1's music any day, anyway.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/12/05 at 11:51 pm

VH1 is okay, but I'll stick to VH1 Classic and the IMF (International Music Feed) whenever I need to see some videos. :D
Once again...we agree ;)

Written By: Carrie on 07/13/05 at 1:38 am

You have to stay up all night to see it. They have Insomniacs Theatre overnight which plays videos. Otherwise get digital cable or a satellite and get VH1 Hits or VH1 Classics. Both are good channels and all videos. :)

Written By: Apricot on 07/13/05 at 11:24 am

You have to stay up all night to see it. They have Insomniacs Theatre overnight which plays videos. Otherwise get digital cable or a satellite and get VH1 Hits or VH1 Classics. Both are good channels and all videos. :)

I catch some videos if I shower early.. then, I get 1-2 videos before the 6 AM news comes on.. that's during the school year, though.

Written By: woops on 07/13/05 at 4:44 pm

VH1 debut in 1985, but now in 2005...it's been a worthless cesspool since 2000

R.I.P.
                                                    VH1
                                                1985 - 2000

And NO 20th b'day special  >:(  :P

Heck, even MTV had one in 2001, which they cared for about a second until returining to their junk they have now

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/06/05 at 12:12 am

I agree.... VH! has really lost their touch... I dont mind the shows and no videos... VIDEOS SUCK but... enough Celeb reality.. I want POP UP VIDEO Back though..... I like the I love the Shows too..............

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 09/06/05 at 12:20 am

You need Juice TV ...or Channel V (Dunno what it's like now though)

http://www.channelv.com.au/
http://www.juicetv.com/

Written By: woops on 09/06/05 at 1:27 am

Only thing good: the VH1 Classic sampler, though only an hour a week... temporarily I think

And yet they have marathons for their junk...  :P

Why not "VH1 Classic on VH1" weekend

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/06/05 at 7:11 am

:o  THAT  would be a great idea... i love VH1 Classic... Anything is better than what they have on now

Check for new replies or respond here...