inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Eminem to retire?

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/19/05 at 7:35 pm

http://www.freep.com/entertainment/music/encore15e_20050715.htm

If this is entirely true, I wonder if this might be the beginning of the next shift in the music industry - he was very 1999 and part of the huge "mainstream rap" sound.

No matter how musically similar 1999 is to 2005, fact of the matter is, it's still 6 years difference. The 11 or 12 year old kids who ate all this stuff up then, are 17 or 18 now and probably ready to move onto something else. That's not to say they'll no longer listen to their old CD's, but people often do grow out of things to a degree (well, besides me, LOL!). ;D

Subject: Re: Eminem to retire?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/19/05 at 8:04 pm

Eminem is NOWHERE near as good as Everlast(of House of Pain)or the Beastie Boys...all he does IMO is spew hatred...

And Everlast can do more than just rap...'What It's Like' is cool IMO.

And the Beastie Boys STILL kick MAJOR a$$!

Written By: Dagwood on 07/19/05 at 8:17 pm

Eminem to retire?  We can only hope. :P

Written By: NullandVoid on 07/19/05 at 9:06 pm

Earth Wind & Fire, The Rolling Stones, Blondie, Aerosmith, U2...These folks have been around long and are worthy enough of retiring.

We'll just say that Eminem has just run out of people and woes in his life to make fun of. puh-leeze ::)

btw, I have 3 of Em's 4 albums..so you can't call me a hater, I'm a realist.

Written By: Harmonica on 07/19/05 at 9:35 pm

Two words for you

Whoo Hoo!

Written By: woops on 07/19/05 at 11:03 pm

About time  :D

What, he ran out of people to diss?  ::)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/20/05 at 12:24 am

You can only find so many reasons why your mom and your childhood sucked, I suppose.

Now, I don't really like Eminem. However, I did find it a bit funny how he mercilessly attacked EVERYONE {Brittany Spears, Moby, Christina Aguilera...etc..} *shrugs* But maybe that's just me...

~Beth

Written By: Apricot on 07/20/05 at 10:45 am

I actually liked Eminem a bit.. The Eminem Show was a great album.. I played it so much, I can hardly listen to it, because I can't enjoy it, knowing every word and beat.  ;D

But other then that album, I was never too crazy about him.. he was okay in my book, though.. I'm not a bit "THIS BAND SUCKS!" kinda person like some people... so he's okay by me.

But I figure this is a good time to retire. Maybe one more album woulda been better, but meh, he's rich.

Written By: Howard on 07/20/05 at 5:17 pm

Who cares! :P

Check for new replies or respond here...