inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Grim Reaper's Arm Just Got Longer

Written By: jiminy on 07/22/05 at 2:51 pm

http://www.military.com/soldiertech/0,14632,Soldiertech_M107,,00.html?ESRC=recruiting.nl

Subject: Re: The Grim Reaper's Arm Just Got Longer

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/22/05 at 3:07 pm

Can it also be used for fishing? ;D

Written By: jiminy on 07/22/05 at 3:08 pm

Can it also be used for fishing? ;D

and shooting beer cans too   ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/22/05 at 3:13 pm

and shooting beer cans too   ;D
I like to skeet shoot full ones and then run around catching the drops like rain ;D

Written By: jiminy on 07/22/05 at 4:07 pm

I like to skeet shoot full ones and then run around catching the drops like rain ;D

you better run fast from 2000m away... I think dynamite would be better for fishing  :D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/22/05 at 4:14 pm

you better run fast from 2000m away... I think dynamite would be better for fishing  :D
Did ya ever see the SNL skit where Mike Meyers was Ron Wood along with two others...they hunted with bazooka's and machine guns ;D

Written By: jiminy on 07/22/05 at 4:22 pm

Did ya ever see the SNL skit where Mike Meyers was Ron Wood along with two others...they hunted with bazooka's and machine guns ;D

I didn't see it but i've seen similar skits

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/22/05 at 4:26 pm

I didn't see it but i've seen similar skits
I was thinking the dynamite might be great for fishing...as the explosion would surely gut, cook and portion them into bite size!

Written By: Indy Gent on 07/22/05 at 7:12 pm

It'll be quite a scary thought that some military nut job from as far as Illinios or Ohio can kill a Hoosier with one single shot. And almost all soldiers aren't like the psychos portrayed in our media. I just hope one of the kooks gets their itchy little fingers on a weapon like that.

Written By: jiminy on 07/23/05 at 2:48 am

I wonder what the cost would be for a gun like this

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/23/05 at 10:05 am

I wonder what the cost would be for a gun like this
I dunno but unfortunately because thier are MANY morons out there, it'll surely end up costing some people thier lives :-\\

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/23/05 at 10:35 pm

OH MY GAWD...imagine if some Al-Qaida or Timothy McVeigh type nutjob got hold of that...(I'm now thinking of that song 'Nowhere to Run')

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/23/05 at 10:43 pm

Some hunter in New Jersey could kill deer in Eastern Pennsylvania with that thing....all they'd have to do is get close enough to point the thing across the Delaware River....the best place would be the Delaware Water Gap in Northern NJ...some unlucky buck in the Poconos would be deer meat.. :D :P

Written By: Veteran on 07/24/05 at 4:15 am

Hey people. That's just a newer sniper version of the barrett light .50. which has been around a while.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/24/05 at 8:24 pm

God forbid any white supremacist or patriot militia nuts get hold of the thing.....

I wonder if someday GANG members will be able to get it on the black market...

The thought freaks me out of either getting hold of a supergun like that.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/24/05 at 8:27 pm

It'll be quite a scary thought that some military nut job from as far as Illinios or Ohio can kill a Hoosier with one single shot. And almost all soldiers aren't like the psychos portrayed in our media. I just hope one of the kooks gets their itchy little fingers on a weapon like that.
or some Aryan Nations nutjob...or a David Koresh-type religious nut...or an anti-abortionist who kills innocent doctors or patients...

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/24/05 at 8:33 pm

God forbid any white supremacist or patriot militia nuts get hold of the thing.....

I wonder if someday GANG members will be able to get it on the black market...

The thought freaks me out of either getting hold of a supergun like that.

What?  You mean it is more appropriate to be shot with a rifle at 100 yards, or point blank with a pistol?

The hype and paranoia surrounding the .50 caliber rifle is amazing.  Gang members can buy ANY KIND of gun today, including the .50.  Annd they buy ILLEGAL weapons like full machine guns too.

Finally, there are other rifles with much more "punch" than the .50 anyway.  Generally speaking the .50 is a anti-materiel weapon.  True, it can kill a man at 2000 meters, but this is more luck than skill or weapon capability.  The accuracy of the projectile gets really flaky past, say, 1000 meters.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/30/05 at 12:32 am

What?  You mean it is more appropriate to be shot with a rifle at 100 yards, or point blank with a pistol?
that is NOT what I mean...all guns are EVIL in the wrong hands..
The hype and paranoia surrounding the .50 caliber rifle is amazing.  Gang members can buy ANY KIND of gun today, including the .50.  Annd they buy ILLEGAL weapons like full machine guns too.and they are used to KILL anyone,be it police,FBI,members of rival gangs, gang members who 'rat out' to the police AND their ENTIRE family,and last but not least ANY innocent bystander who gets in their way..even CHILDREN. Gang members have NO MORALS or CONSCIENCE whatsoever!

Finally, there are other rifles with much more "punch" than the .50 anyway.  Generally speaking the .50 is a anti-materiel weapon.  True, it can kill a man at 2000 meters, but this is more luck than skill or weapon capability.  The accuracy of the projectile gets really flaky past, say, 1000 meters.
Any weapon,in the hands of the criminal elements of our society,can easily be LETHAL..ever see the mess and carnage after a gang shootout?

Check for new replies or respond here...