inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Worst teacher(s)(elementary school,high school,or college)you ever had?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/30/05 at 12:38 am

One of the worst teachers I ever had was Mr. William Kooi,who taught Plane Geometry at my high school(Pitman High School)....another one was my high-school U.S. History teacher, Ms. Cronlund...her body odor was so awful...I wonder if she ever heard of BATHING and DEODORANT...

Subject: Re: Worst teacher(s)(elementary school,high school,or college)you ever had?

Written By: guest on 07/30/05 at 1:04 am

Auggggh dont remind me......the nightmares have never ended and I found where this guys general area is (somewhere in Florida) I think selling suits, just so he can golf at his neighborhood course in the sun... I have a good mind to find him walk right up to him and kkick himout of that wheel chair...or pull the catheter out his ear!

Mr. K...you know what you did!

Subject: Re: Worst teacher(s)(elementary school,high school,or college)you ever had?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/30/05 at 1:09 am

I feel bad saying this because Mr. Grady was a nice guy, but he was effing clueless.  I had him in HS for American History.  He several times told the story of George Washington cracking walnuts with his bare hands and German being considered for the official language of the U.S. in colonial times.  Reagan was president at the time, and Grady was constantly praising him.  He said many untrue things about Reagan, but he was just misled.

Grady was worse in the psychology class he taught.  He told graphic stories about serial murderers until the girls would cry or get nauseous and leave the room.  He also thought screening the movie "Psycho" was a worthwhile  use of class time.  

I had a lot of bad teachers.  I'll tell of more if this thread has staying power.  I started with Grady because he was a terrible teacher, a right-wing dunderhead, but nevertheless an amiable fellow I got on very well with!

Written By: woops on 07/30/05 at 2:56 am

Most  ::)  :P

Written By: rich1981 on 07/30/05 at 3:38 am

I won't name a certain professor but there was one college class which I've learned virtually nothing from because most of the material was found in previous courses and this professor hardly covered any new material and jumped around from topic to topic. Also, he had a nasty habit of picking on students and embarassing them when they wouldn't know the answer or get the incorrect answer. The final exam was also a crapshoot because it didn't look like anything presented in lecture or office hours. This was a computer science theory class by the way which I've taken over a year ago and never previously did I have a course which lacked that much substance. Such a class was a waste in my opinion, even made worse by the fact that the professor was downright rude.

Written By: Dagwood on 07/30/05 at 10:08 am

Mr Radtke, 9th grade Algebra.  He was the worst teacher I have ever had.  I totally believe he is the reason I didn't go much further in math. 

The first half of the year we had a student teacher and she was great.  I actually got it.  If you had a question, she would explain it to you in a way you would understand.  I think it is because she was a student herself and remembered what it was like when you didn't get what the teacher was saying.

When she left it went downhill.  If you had a question, he would explain it exactly like he had in front of the class.  If you still didn't get it you were basically screwed.  He was older and I don't think he remembered what it was like being in our position.  The old goat actually had the nerve to yell at me for going from an F at midterm to a C- end of year.  He said I didn't do good enough.  Well, neither did he.

Written By: whitewolf on 07/30/05 at 10:32 am

My worst teacher was in grade 7-Miss Simpson.

Every morning we were supposed to have silent reading for a half hour from 8:45 until 9:15 then start classes, you could use this time to read or finish up any work that you needed more time on.

Not in her homeroom. she insisted on reading the bible to us.

Written By: Howard on 07/30/05 at 1:11 pm

Mr.Krypel in High School would always call specific people ******s in a comedy way and Mr Zimmerman would always squeak the chalk and sometimes throw kids out of the classroom for being late. ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/30/05 at 1:33 pm

A certain collegue of Carlos. I had to take two classes with her and I could teach the class better than she did. When I had to give my defense for my honor's thesis-because Carlos and the other professor I was working with, didn't want to give her student honors because the paper was sh*t, she was trying to railroad me. She asked "brillant" questions like, "What do you mean by 'working class'?" Because of her, I was totally thrown off and really blew my defense. Luckily, my paper spoke volumes above what I did that day.

Cat

Written By: Billy Florio on 07/30/05 at 1:45 pm

my 10th grade Chemestry teacher....she couldnt speak English!  Her accent was so thick that we couldnt understand a single word she said...and she didnt know how to teach, or get a classes attention.  She had no control of that classroom. 

Plus, she was just horrible...we sat there as she wrote on the board the following things:

"1 + 1=0"
"Scienincie" (thats her spelling of Science)
"Boununus" (that's Bonus)

also, she made us spend three months discussing Significant Figures, when we were only suppose to spend a week....we had to rush through the rest of the course without any understanding of it because of that....everyday she'd say "Lets talk about SIG FIGS!!!!"

Whenever she talked about Joules (I think I spelt that right) she'd pronounce it "Jews"....ok, that was just more comical than anything.....

90% of the class failed the final state given exam (I scraped by with a 79/100...the second highest in the class!)...many complained during the year about her (it was her first year and she was a last minute replacement for a teacher that left before the start of the year)...she was finally fired right after her final exam results came in....

Written By: NullandVoid on 07/30/05 at 2:22 pm

One of the worst teachers I ever had was Mr. William Kooi,who taught Plane Geometry at my high school(Pitman High School)....another one was my high-school U.S. History teacher, Ms. Cronlund...her body odor was so awful...I wonder if she ever heard of BATHING and DEODORANT...

What's the deal with teacjers and bad hygiene? My 10th grade math teacher was disgusting. He had armpit stains, pants with crusty spots and worst of all was his breath. It smelled so bad it was 3D. Little yellow balls would fly out of his mouth sometimes. .... :P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/30/05 at 2:30 pm

What's the deal with teacjers and bad hygiene? My 10th grade math teacher was disgusting. He had armpit stains, pants with crusty spots and worst of all was his breath. It smelled so bad it was 3D. Little yellow balls would fly out of his mouth sometimes. .... :P

EWWWWW!

There was one class (in college), I sat in my usual seat-the back corner. The teacher started class and everything went fine-until he walked in between the rows of students and I could see that he missed a button on his shirt and his shirt was gaped open. I almost busted up laughing when I saw that. Luckily I caught myself before I did that because I'm sure the entire class would have looked at me and wondered what I was laughing at. (Well, they probably would have known but I'm sure they all saw it before I did.)  The funny thing is, that same guy is a very dear friend of ours (and a poker buddy). I think he has gotten a bit better with getting dressed in the morning. But now I can TELL him when things are "not right".

Cat

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/30/05 at 2:50 pm

This is what I actually thought of Mr. Kooi...he was that much of an idiot...an a$$!

Written By: tv on 07/30/05 at 4:20 pm

Worst Teacher: my 3rd grade teacher and my science teacher in middle school. After the the year I passed 3rd grade that teacher retired. She however did come back the next year and substituted for my 4th grade teacher. She was alright as a subsitute teacher in the 4th grade. She seemed more relaxed if you will. Maybe she just needed time off. My science teacher was a nice guy but he would always talk about his life. High School I really didn't have any bad teachers.

Written By: gemini on 07/30/05 at 6:19 pm

6th grade. Miss Yingst. She could throw a chalkboard eraser like nobodys business! In the back row, doesn't matter! If you ticked her off, here comes an eraser. I can't believe some of the crap they got away with in the early 70s. Unbelievable.  ::)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/30/05 at 11:55 pm

2nd grade...Mrs. Hellman. Her name fit her personality. She was soo mean. I remember this one little boy forgot his pencil, and she dumped his whole entire desk on the floor and made him pick it all up.

I guess she was my worst teacher. However, Mr. Greer was a HUGE pervert. Eh, I had a lot of sucky teachers.

Beth

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/30/05 at 11:55 pm

My worst teacher was my mythology professor in college. She was the type that was so strict...and nobody could relate to her. The class started out a full class...but at the end of the semester...there were just a handful of us left.  You could try so hard to do so well on papers, tests, etc...but they were nearly impossible and it was virtually impossible to get an "A" from her. I actually passed the class with a "B"...believe it or not.

Erin :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 07/31/05 at 12:02 am

All of them where bad, but these were the meanest I had
Mrs. Combs (Half of 2nd grade)
Mrs. Davis (4th grade)
Mrs. Christie (6th grade)
Mrs. McCabe (6th grade)
Mr. Pearson (7th and 8th grade Social Studies)
Ms. Kincaide (High school)
Mr. Shaw (College)

Having said those, I must also say I learned from all of my teachers. ;)

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/31/05 at 12:38 am

Mr Pryzyblyski.. a Polish chap and deeply religious (i was sent to catholic schools for 9 years - ever wonder why i am SO anti-religion, have it shoved down your throat ;D) Anywho.. he was a History teacher.. and a poor one. He once informed i was useless and would never get anywhere.. I was one of 32 People in the county of Leicestershire to get 100% on my Final History paper (but anyway) He decided he would try and shove me out of the class one day.. and i mean aggresive shoving.. he did it once and i said, don't do that. He pushed me again in my back and i flipped. I turned around, got right in his face and told him in no uncertian terms what he should do with himself. Anywho.. he squared up to me ::) What a man.. considering i was 13. He told me he'd hit me if i didn't leave.. i told him he'd be out of a job and then he grabbed me and pushed his fingers in to the back of my neck.. i socked him. Every single person in the class backed me up and he lost his job. We later found out that he was being watched because a young girl had complained about him.. 'being a bit physical'.

Another useless teacher was Mr Higgins who i had for Physics. He was also a bit aggresive (a lad called stuart actually knocked him out cold - and was expelled) anyway.. he would yell at me if i got less than 75-80% in an exam, because at the start of the year i was getting in the 90's. Never mind the work got a lot harder and i was still near the top of the class.. it wasn't good enough. He would get right in my face.. and i'd just laugh. I remember coming out of the class with about 70% and i think if he had spent more time teaching and less time being an arsehole i and the rest of the class would have done a lot better.

I also had a three year long way with my Gym teacher mr Bikerdyke. (yes real name)
We would get in to it every single lesson.. now he was a shi*ty teacher... there was no way it wasn't obvious, he would flat out just laugh at people. I personally deserved everything he did to me because i acted like a jerk right back at him.. it was funny though.

Still, i also have had a few totally useless teachers who just wouldn't do anything whatsoever, we had one teacher named Mr Haige.. he was a science teacher, and literally he would sit down and read a book and just leave us to it. So of course people would be messing with Bunsen Burners and other such fun things. I remember setting fire to a bunch of those sticks they always have in Labs.. and he picked it up and put it in the trash can.. whilst still lit. For somebody who was a science teacher he didn't know an awful lot about what happens when plastic (the trash bag's) burns.  ;D

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/31/05 at 12:52 am

You know.. i thought i would add a few more.. ;D This feels good.

Me and my Hetro Life Partner Pete got put in the advanced class in 7th Grade.. which was taught by a chap called Mr Culverwell. Anywho.. at random points during the class he would shout, and i mean SHOUT! 'THE POWER AND GLORY OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST COMPELLS YOU' and he would usually look straight at somebody and shout, 'YES YOU BOY!'. I'm not sure why the power of christ couldn't compell some of the girls in the class... then again, this guy was an ex-preist.. i expect he just enjoyed having a good look at some of the young lads in the class.
Thing about it is, is that he was a really nice chap, he would always listen to you and helped me out a lot... but i don't remember learning a thing in one of his lessons.. ever.

We had a Music teacher as well who was hilarious. His problem was his awful personal hygene. He was called Sweaty Maldoon due to the sweat patches on his shirts (all of which clung to him awfully) he also used to scratch himself whilst holding chalk. So by the end of the lesson his crotch would have several artistic white lines around it. He was a fairly useless Musician.. at the time i had been playing the Trumpet for about 8 years and was at a fairly high standard (which i must admit has decrased substantially). Anyway, he would tell me to do things that i knew for a fact made no sense.. i would do them to appease him and then of course forget them (my father was a profesional musician for 20 odd years.. i'd trust his judgement more than a guy teaching instead of playing) But the funniest was when he had to read music. The guy had NO idea what he was doing.. he'd look confused and then smirk and play something at random.. totally oblivious to the fact that half the class were laughing under there breath. If he had learnt how to read music i think he may have been a fairly good teacher (at least when it came to the piano) as he was obviously full of potential talent.. but..he never did work it out whilst i was there. Oh and if he was yelling at the class.. sweat would flick off his head.  ;D

We also had a R.E (Religious Education) teacher by the name of Mr Eccles..was he ever funny.. he must have been somewhere in the region of 400 Lbs.. however he wasn't even 5 foot tall. He was the oddest looking chap i have ever seen. He also had the most awful lisp.

Finally..me and Gorm's drama teacher.. who walked off one day and didn't return for 3 weeks  ;D ;D

Written By: guest on 07/31/05 at 7:53 pm

It was so refreshing to see the thread is letting names be mentioned of former teachers, so I'd like to reveal the WORST who I eluded to earlier who just LOVED 'smacking' as I was one of his victims...9assuming no law suits will be filed of course)...
He was Mr. Frank Kahle and he could stick that golf club where the sun don't shine!!!

Treating 6th graders with violence! Good riddance and enjoy selling  them suits you don't deserve educating kids..

OOOOOOthat felt so good, thanks to the others who've posted, I am glad to see some teachers shouldn't be! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 

Written By: Harmonica on 07/31/05 at 8:20 pm

5th and 6th Grade Reading Teacher Mrs. Wallerich - Arrogant teacher who was naive to the fact that it was because she put students down and wasn't true to her word, that students did not respect her.  She discouraged me from writing, because she didn't like my penmanship small and dark as it was. She would also say that it was effort that won a grade in her class, when in reality anyone from the past 15 years will tell you that she played favorites and took to the naturally talented kids who were already reading and grammar experts by age 11 or 12.
    If it wasn't for a great teacher I had sophomore through senior year of high school, I never would have discovered that I had a great gift from God in writing. A blessing in story telling and being able to create characters that people can love and hate.  Mrs. Wallerich always led me to believe that I was a terrible writer, when in fact it is my calling in life.

If that ain't a bad teacher, you tell me what is.

Written By: Apricot on 07/31/05 at 8:36 pm

5th Grade. Ms. Martin. Her total lack of care or basic teaching got me a "C" in Math that got me kicked out of the house on a rainy night.

Written By: C.NOIZE on 07/31/05 at 8:47 pm

Well, Mr. Powell is one of the worst, if not THE worst teacher I have ever been instructed (yeah, right) by.  HE ALWAYS TYPED IN ALL CAPS--WE STILL AREN'T SURE WHETHER HE KNEW HOW TO TURN THEM OFF.  HE WAS A HISTORY/CIVICS TEACHER, BUT WE DID VOCABULARY EVERY OTHER DAY, IT SEEMED.  IN FACT, WE ENDED UP DISCUSSING POLITICS IN ENGLISH CLASS (WHICH PROVIDED OUR ENGLISH TEACHER, MR. SMITH, A.K.A. THE PLAGIARISM FREAK, WITH A GOOD EXAMPLE OF IRONY).  HE SHOWED WAY TOO MANY FOOTBALL MOVIES, AND MADE US WRITE ABOUT THEM IN JOURNALS HE NEVER READ.  HE ALSO GRADED A WEE BIT UNFAIRLY (CAUSING ME TO GET A B   >:( ) BY USING ALL-OR-NOTHING ON A TWENTY POINT ASSIGNMENT.  HE ALSO MADE CLICHÉS OUT OF THINGS THAT SHOULDN'T BE CLICHÉS.  WAS HE THE WORST TEACHER:  ONE NEVER KNOWS, DOES ONE?

ANYHOW--CAPS LOck off--Mr. Powell wasn't the only bad teacher I've had.  Mrs. Holtry was just as bad.  She taught eighth grade algebra, and was awful.  She'd eat in front of us (if she wasn't in the hall talking) for the first ten or so minutes of class, and if that wasn't bad enough...then she'd teach.  We spent a whole month on the PAM method--taking a word problem and ripping it apart before solving it.  Seriously, who uses a web to solve a math problem?  NO ONE, that's who.  She even spent a whole class period teaching consecutive numbers.  Talk about overkill...  I don't know who wasted more time, Mr. Powell or Mrs. Holtry.  Or Mlle Clare, the crazed French teacher.   ::)

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/31/05 at 8:50 pm

Ms. Cronlund smelled like a PIG FARM as well as sweat...nauseating...

another teacher that was a dork was my 11th grade English teacher, Mr Wiezoreck...his pants showed both his beer belly and his butt-crack!!

Written By: Apricot on 07/31/05 at 8:52 pm

I don't know who wasted more time, Mr. Powell or Mrs. Holtry.  Or Mlle Clare, the crazed French teacher.   ::)

Mr. Powell didn't waste time.. he just didn't teach. We taught ourselves more. And at the end of the year.. well, time wasting is a give-in for any teacher.

Written By: C.NOIZE on 07/31/05 at 8:56 pm

he just didn't teach. We taught ourselves more.

...which means he wasted time.  And when did we teach ourselves?  All we did was copy the textbook.

Written By: Harmonica on 07/31/05 at 9:02 pm

With all this talk about a teacher who didn't actually teach a gal darn thing, I might as well add one that didn't teach us anything either.

Mrs. Linder High School Spanish Teacher - The woman was too smart for her own good.  It's a funny concept but people who are naturally very smart, have a hard time concieving that another person may not be a quick and smart as they are, and that was her main problem.  Her other problem was that she was not patient nor consistant at all.  We would go about learning Spanish a new way on a week to week basis.  One week she thought the best way to learn was lecturing, the next week listening to the radio, and on and on and on until we tried everything in the book, even if it was just for 10 minutes.  She got worse and worse every year up until my final year where she would stick in a video called, "Destino's" and then go down to the lounge and have a beer and come back to the classroom with about 5 minutes left.

Written By: Apricot on 07/31/05 at 9:27 pm

...which means he wasted time.  And when did we teach ourselves?  All we did was copy the textbook.

Well, that's what I meant by "teach ourselves". Plus, even if he DID teach, do you think it would have made any difference? ;D

Written By: C.NOIZE on 07/31/05 at 9:37 pm

Well, that's what I meant by "teach ourselves". Plus, even if he DID teach, do you think it would have made any difference? ;D

ONE NEVER KNOWS, DOES ONE?  ;D

But the copying out of the textbook...if we wanted to learn for ourselves, we could read the textbook, but not copy it.  Perhaps use the textbook as a source for an original paper, but not copy it.  That's what the Xerox machine was invented for.  Copying the book is just busy work.

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/31/05 at 11:18 pm

With all this talk about a teacher who didn't actually teach a gal darn thing, I might as well add one that didn't teach us anything either.

Mrs. Linder High School Spanish Teacher - The woman was too smart for her own good.  It's a funny concept but people who are naturally very smart, have a hard time concieving that another person may not be a quick and smart as they are, and that was her main problem.  Her other problem was that she was not patient nor consistant at all.  We would go about learning Spanish a new way on a week to week basis.  One week she thought the best way to learn was lecturing, the next week listening to the radio, and on and on and on until we tried everything in the book, even if it was just for 10 minutes.  She got worse and worse every year up until my final year where she would stick in a video called, "Destino's" and then go down to the lounge and have a beer and come back to the classroom with about 5 minutes left.

He he he he he.. you reminded me of my 12th grade spanish teacher there.

She bought in a friend of her's from Spain and basically left the class in her hands.. The poor woman spoke about 3 sentances of English and just looked very worried. I remember when she sat down and looked at the class with about 30 of us staring back at her.. she just stared at us for a moment. Told us what her name was and occasionally muttered in Spanish. I remember this lad called Ryan once asked her for a Blow Job  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/01/05 at 1:31 am

Mr. Perrault retired after my HS Freshman year.  I was lucky enough to be in the senile old dope's last American History class.  The guy would stammer on about irrelevant things, and wax philosophical, when he did he used the phrase, "we, as Christans..."  How the h*ll can you presume we're all Christans, old man?  He repeated the same sexist joke ad nauseaum: "Three ways to get a message around fast, telephone, television, and tell-a-woman."
::)
The girls called him "Dirty Al."  This epithet had something to do with their hemlines and necklines, and his roving eyes.
:P
But it was my eighth grade science teacher, Mr. Getchell, a man with a Wilfred Brimley walrus mustache and a LOUD, BELLOWING voice, who was the only teacher I ever wanted to murder.
::)
He had a personal grudge against me.  The story is too petty and boring to recount.  It had to do with my self-appointed victim-of-bullying status in conjunction with my furtive trouble-making.  The upshot was he resented me.  I wasn't very adept at biology, so he'd HOLLAR at me if I passed something in subpar.  "Shea!  What the...?  Label those diagrams!  How the hell am I supposed to know what's what?  It's like you don't even care about passing this class and what are you trying to do gimme hgh blood pressure?  Why don't you ever blah blah blah....and why can't you blah blah blah!"
His jowl's would be quaking, sweat beading up on his forehead, and little droplets of spittle building up on his soup-strainer mustache, malar flush, arms gesticulating hostilely. 
Of course when an authority figure treats you like that, you just get nervouse and make MORE mistakes. 
He also loved admonish students about the dangers of tobacco and junkfood, yet he always had a pack of Marlboros and a can of Mountain Dew handy for himself!
I realized I wasn't the only one Getchell hated.  He picked on David, Jody, and Tracy for being dumb.  One time Tracy asked to go to the lavoratory, and he scowled: "What you really want is that third cigarette and candy bar combo of the day!"  Tracy protested, "Noooo, Mr. Getchell..."  Getchell rolled his eyes and scoffed, "Oh, must be that time of the month, go on, go on," motioning to the door.  The class burst out laughing, but I sat there, all 98 eighth grade pounds of me fuming to myself, "I'lll kill him, I'll kill him, I'll pour a beaker of sulphuric acid right down his throat!"
I didn't care much for Tracy, it was more that I despised Getchell so thoroughly.  He was a bully. 
Knowing that most kids hated Getchell was palliative. 
In the locker room they had one of those posters "No Man Is An Island,"* underwich somebody scraweled "Mr. Getchell is!"

* I don't remember the exact quote.  There are many variations on this, "No man is an island unto himself, etc., etc.," bastardized from John Donne's original:
"No man is an Island, entire of it self; every man is a piece of the Continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friends or of thine own were; an"

Written By: Jessica on 08/01/05 at 2:05 am

1st Grade: Ms. Manders. She played favorites with all the Caucasian kids in class and totally ignored or yelled at anyone who wasn't lily white. :P

2nd Grade: Ms. Glass. She wasn't actually a 2nd grade teacher. She was a 3rd grade teacher who taught an accelerated reading class for the 2nd grade. For some reason though, she didn't like me. She always treated me like dirt and acted like she couldn't believe that I had finished the assignments before everyone else in class. Luckily, she didn't kill my love of reading. :)

7th Grade: Mrs. Gast. She told two of my friends that I would never amount to anything and that I was stupid. My friends told me, I told my parents, and they went to the school and dragged the principal and vice-principal into it. Mrs. Gast tried to deny saying it, but the evidence was there. My mom wanted to deck her, as did my dad. But they managed to keep their cool, and she was forced to apologize to me. And believe me when I say it was forced out of her. She basically said to me, "Even though I know I didn't say those things about you, I apologize. I happen to think your friends heard wrong, blah blah blah blah blah...." Stupid cow. ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/01/05 at 2:27 am

1st Grade: Ms. Manders. She played favorites with all the Caucasian kids in class and totally ignored or yelled at anyone who wasn't lily white. :P

2nd Grade: Ms. Glass. She wasn't actually a 2nd grade teacher. She was a 3rd grade teacher who taught an accelerated reading class for the 2nd grade. For some reason though, she didn't like me. She always treated me like dirt and acted like she couldn't believe that I had finished the assignments before everyone else in class. Luckily, she didn't kill my love of reading. :)

7th Grade: Mrs. Gast. She told two of my friends that I would never amount to anything and that I was stupid. My friends told me, I told my parents, and they went to the school and dragged the principal and vice-principal into it. Mrs. Gast tried to deny saying it, but the evidence was there. My mom wanted to deck her, as did my dad. But they managed to keep their cool, and she was forced to apologize to me. And believe me when I say it was forced out of her. She basically said to me, "Even though I know I didn't say those things about you, I apologize. I happen to think your friends heard wrong, blah blah blah blah blah...." Stupid cow. ::)

Mr. Wellspring told me, "You'll end up in a mental hospital, if you're lucky!"  Of course, he'd say this was taken out of context, and he was really concerned about my depression and detetiorating gradepoint average.  Yeah, but he STILL said it!

My eighth grade guidance counselor asked me if I was "in love."  I said, "no just in exalted spirits for once."  And then he said, "Come on, you're getting to the age where girls aren't just funny-looking boys anymore....let me ask you a question, you got any hair on your body yet?  I'm not gonna ask you where or how much...."  (no, his name wasn't "Al Bundy!")
I shrivelled in embarrassment.  I should have picked up his snowstorm paperweight and clocked him with it right between the eyes, the pig!
He also got me confused when this other kid one time.  My father had a conference with him in which this guidance counselor said I called a Black student a "spear-chucker."  That really steamed my clams!  My dad confronted me about it and I told him I'd never heard that epithet in my life!  My dad said, "Well g*ddammit if Powers lied, we have to get the kid down there to say it wasn't you."  I was stuck.  The kid in question, Johnny Hamlet, hated me to start with.  I had several run-ins with him.  I wasn't going to take the chance of Hamlet saying to my dad and Mr. Powers, "Oh yeah, Max said it alright!"  My dad thought the Black Panthers were righteous.  If he thought I was making racial slurs, he'd kill me!  I just said, "well we both can see Powers is an idiot, so I don't want to pursue it."
Hamlet wasn't a thug, but he was more of a sneak and a troublemaker.  The only racially loaded thing I ever called him, because his name was "Hamlet," was "Othello," and I did because I knew he wouldn't get it! 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/01/05 at 10:30 am

The teacher who I mentioned in my last post had us "rewrite" the text, basically.  ::)  We joked at the end of the semester to have a big bonfire and all of us would burn our book. It was not the book itself that we hated but it was HOW she used that book. We had two other books-one we only looked at for a couple of weeks and we didn't even get to the last book until the last class (and she used the two hour time slot that was supposed to be for finals to use that 3rd book, too.) And we had to BUY these books which weren't that cheap.

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/01/05 at 10:48 am

lst grade at Skyway Elementary Scool: Mrs. Osterfoss AND Miss Murray and 10th Grade English: Mr. Pope :P

Written By: Harmonica on 08/01/05 at 3:54 pm

He he he he he.. you reminded me of my 12th grade spanish teacher there.

She bought in a friend of her's from Spain and basically left the class in her hands.. The poor woman spoke about 3 sentances of English and just looked very worried. I remember when she sat down and looked at the class with about 30 of us staring back at her.. she just stared at us for a moment. Told us what her name was and occasionally muttered in Spanish. I remember this lad called Ryan once asked her for a Blow Job  ;D ;D ;D

Dude that is some funny stuff.

We had this translator thing, that would read whatever you wrote into it in a woman's voice.  You don't want to know how much fun we had with that thing making it say some very dirty stuff. We hid it one day when we had a substitute teacher and kept making it say over and over again that it wanted to do something perverted to the teacher.  Poor guy could never figure out which girl in the class had the ventriliquist skills.

Written By: Alchoholica on 08/01/05 at 3:56 pm

Dude that is some funny stuff.

We had this translator thing, that would read whatever you wrote into it in a woman's voice.  You don't want to know how much fun we had with that thing making it say some very dirty stuff. We hid it one day when we had a substitute teacher and kept making it say over and over again that it wanted to do something perverted to the teacher.  Poor guy could never figure out which girl in the class had the ventriliquist skills.

LMAO!!! ;D ;D

Was it a little machine about the size of a small dictionary?

Written By: Harmonica on 08/01/05 at 5:58 pm

LMAO!!! ;D ;D

Was it a little machine about the size of a small dictionary?

yes it was, and another funny thing to tell you is we'd go around school calling the girls puta's and they would call us Essay's or something like that. It ticked the Spanish teacher off.

Written By: Howard on 08/01/05 at 6:07 pm

Mr.Okin.He'd always like to give nose bites once in a while or sometimes just yell at the kids. ::)

Written By: Alchoholica on 08/01/05 at 10:53 pm

yes it was, and another funny thing to tell you is we'd go around school calling the girls puta's and they would call us Essay's or something like that. It ticked the Spanish teacher off.

LOL we had the same machine. Yeah it's funny as heck to mess with people with it.

I used to spout Eddie Guerrero phrases at my spanish teacher because i didn't know any other spanish. I maintain to this day that he taught me more than she did.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/02/05 at 2:00 am

My Kindergarten teacher and 3rd grade teacher. The first was mean because she wouldn't let me use the bathroom and I ended up wetting my pants. The latter because she had lost an important project I had turned in and gave me an F, only to find out months later it had fallen between another desk in the room.

Written By: Dan78 on 08/02/05 at 9:29 pm

The teachers I didn't like were the following:

Kindergarten: I had one teacher that was mean.
Third Grade: She was s-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o boring, I litteraly got sick and stayed home a couple of times.
Forth Grade: He was rather kind of evil. He made me and other students feel really stupid deep down and hurt student's feelings if they gave out the wrong answer to a question.
7th Grade: I had a teacher that was just like the 4th grade teacher but she was a real evil witch!
10th grade: A math teacher I had that had an IQ of 2, she was so stupid she didn't have a brain in her head! She could barely walk on her own two feet.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/04/05 at 10:44 am

When I was seven years old I had a gym teacher who was on an enormous ego trip. His name was Mr. Whirley..He'd talk oh so tough to us kids "THIS IS MY GYM!"...and Gawd forbid we screw up anything. He was flat out MEAN. He KNEW because of my disability I was fearful of doing mat tumbling or somersaults...yet he kept on me. What a screwed-up person. He was not teaching that next semester...every kid there hated him!!

Written By: Apricot on 08/04/05 at 10:55 am

ONE NEVER KNOWS, DOES ONE?  ;D

But the copying out of the textbook...if we wanted to learn for ourselves, we could read the textbook, but not copy it.  Perhaps use the textbook as a source for an original paper, but not copy it.  That's what the Xerox machine was invented for.  Copying the book is just busy work.

Well, we didn't really copy the Textbook.. we just got the important parts into a good study guide. As much as it wasn't a good class, he did a good job of getting all the important stuff out of each chapter, and making an effective study guide.

Written By: tv on 08/05/05 at 1:27 pm

LOL we had the same machine. Yeah it's funny as heck to mess with people with it.

I used to spout Eddie Guerrero phrases at my spanish teacher because i didn't know any other spanish. I maintain to this day that he taught me more than she did.
Thats funny that you watched pro wrestling and learned spanish from Eddie Guerrero. Thats also funny you learned more spanish from eddie than your spanish teacher.

Written By: tv on 08/05/05 at 1:31 pm

I was never the type to give teacher's a hard time. Sure we all have our bad teachers. I always wondered why teachers let their own students torment them.

Written By: Mushroom on 08/05/05 at 2:23 pm

For me it is simple.  It was my Business teacher at Pierce Community College in Los Angeles.

In the Fall semester of 1993, I decided to try and get some college classes done, and one of them was a Business class.  So I paid my tuition and bought my books, and showed up for the first day of class.  The teacher introduced himself, and we spent the first 2 hour class with him telling us that he was a new teacher, and giving us his background in business.  The things he told us that night came back later to let me know why he was teaching business instead of being in business.

His background sounded impressive at first.  He was an executive at C&R, Suit Warehouse, Century 21, Sears Robuck, Pepsico, and at least 2 other companies.  But during the classes, he spent more time talking about himself and his background then in the material in the books.  Now I am not one that favors a "direct out of the book" approach, but he would give us chapters to read, then would spend the next class covering none of what we read.  And while the class was schedules for 3 hours, we were rarely in for more then 2 hours.

"Drop week" was comming up, and after 3 weeks we had covered not a single page of material, and we had a test scheduled for the end of the week.  The class met Tuesday and Thursday nights, and he did not even show up for the Tuesday night class.  After waiting for him for an hour, I went to the admissions office and put in for a class drop.  The assistant dean was surprised when I told her the teacher was not there, and none of the material had been covered.  Even though it was 1 day after I was supposed to drop, she allwed it.  I ran into another student a few months later, and he told me that the teacher gave a joke of a test on Thursday, did not show up on Tuesday, and the next Thursday the College cancelled the class and gave full refunds.

Looking back, now I know why he had worked at so many companies.  He was so horrible at what he did, they would all can him after a year or so.  This man would ramble on over and over again about the things he did, but nothing we were supposed to learn was even touched.  I am glad that I was able to bring it to the attention of the Dean, or otherwise he might have been allowed to continue teaching, and possibly ruin the future education of anybody that took his class.

I am sure he is still working somewhere, and his resume has an entry about his being a teacher.  I guess he really did define the old saying, "Those who do not know, teach".

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/05/05 at 5:30 pm

I am sure he is still working somewhere, and his resume has an entry about his being a teacher.  I guess he really did define the old saying, "Those who do not know, teach".

Poor Mushroom. What a lame teacher he ended up being? I am currently enrolled at a Community College and so far I have had very few teachers who've been like that. Actually, I've been fortunate to have a good round of teachers. The reason behind this may be because my brother knew who were the good and the bad ones, so he'd warn me.. My brother went through a lot of bad teachers. He had one class (finite math),where the teacher was asking him to solve the problems on the board for him. I actually witnessed this by standing outside the class and seeing my brother take over the board and explain the problems. He had another teacher (computer science) who instead of teaching, he kept cramming his political views down everyone's throat. Eventually, this teacher got reviewed because of my brother's insistance. I guess he's still teaching..

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 08/05/05 at 5:51 pm

I honestly have had all the worst teachers in my time at school... Year 3 - my teacher Miss Rule (Yes, seriously) hated me, my year 6 teacher Mrs Wright despised me, my year 8 teacher Miss Bruce hated me, as well as just about every teacher I had from years 10 to the present. What did I do wrong?  :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...