inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Wedding Crashers

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/01/05 at 1:27 am

I just saw The Wedding Crashers yesterday, outside of Batman Begins and Assualt on Precient 13, it's one of the best films I have seen this year.

"Wow. Mr. Environmental is also a hunter. That's an interesting combination. "

Subject: Re: The Wedding Crashers

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/01/05 at 1:44 am

I wouldn't take my dawg!
:P

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/01/05 at 10:10 am

I'm glad  you finally saw it, Jamie ;)

Written By: Howard on 08/01/05 at 6:11 pm

I thought it was a pretty funny movie.I liked the way they both crashed weddings till they finally got to one they both enjoyed and both of them scored with the chicks. ;D

Written By: Apricot on 08/01/05 at 7:17 pm

Great movie.. even my cheapskate uncle's gonna buy the DVD! :o

Written By: Billy Florio on 08/01/05 at 7:19 pm

histerical movie....Im glad it wasnt the Dodgeball of this summer

Written By: Apricot on 08/01/05 at 7:20 pm

histerical movie....Im glad it wasnt the Dodgeball of this summer

Didn't like "Dodgeball", eh?

Written By: Billy Florio on 08/01/05 at 7:40 pm

Didn't like "Dodgeball", eh?

Dodgeball had its moments..thats for sure...but otherwise it was a complete unneeded piece of trash...

Ben Stiller plays more or less the same character he played in Zoolander (and yes, he was the funny part of the movie because of that)

Vince Vaughn added nothing to the movie...he was stuck playing the straight man (a role which he shouldnt be playing)...his comedic talent was completely unused...what a waste of having him in the movie....

I dont even know what Stephan Root was trying to do there...

The script was horrible...averaging about 1 laugh per ten minutes....thats horrible (lets compare to something like Anchorman which averaged 1 laugh every ten seconds)...

it had its moments (the Lance Armstrong and David Hasselhoff moments especially)...but that was it...it had a lot of poor moments too....not worth a theatre visit (I regreted that) and not worth buying....rent it if anything

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/01/05 at 7:51 pm

I'm glad  you finally saw it, Jamie ;)

Me toooooooooooo!  ;D

"You left me in the trenches... taking grenades!"

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/01/05 at 9:17 pm

Me toooooooooooo!  ;D

"You left me in the trenches... taking grenades!"

;D

Written By: What A Rush! on 08/02/05 at 3:57 pm

I must say that this film looks awful, there hasn't been any really good movies to speak of recently and this is from someone who used to go all the time.  Assault On Precinct 13 wasn't any better, the original is far more entertaining.

Written By: Apricot on 08/02/05 at 4:00 pm

^ :o

Naaaaah, it was a GREAT movie! It was a good comedy!

Was anyone else surprised by the great amount of nudity and sexual stuff, though? I mean, I knew there would be some, but WOW, there was a lot of.. well, nudity and sexual themes. More then I expected.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/03/05 at 2:50 pm

I must say that this film looks awful, there hasn't been any really good movies to speak of recently and this is from someone who used to go all the time.  Assault On Precinct 13 wasn't any better, the original is far more entertaining.
Hey, I loved it but opinions vary. Some people will probably think "The Dukes Of Hazzard" will be some sort of masterpiece :P

Written By: Apricot on 08/03/05 at 4:12 pm

Hey, I loved it but opinions vary. Some people will probably think "The Dukes Of Hazzard" will be some sort of masterpiece :P

It looks like it might have a few funny moments.. I'll probably see it, just cause my family sees every movie that comes out.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/03/05 at 5:17 pm

It looks like it might have a few funny moments.. I'll probably see it, just cause my family sees every movie that comes out.
Well it looks really stupid...so like Max said about Wedding Crasher, I say about this piece of crap...I wouldn't take my...oh wait, they aren't allowed anyway ::)

Written By: Howard on 08/03/05 at 5:55 pm

^ :o

Naaaaah, it was a GREAT movie! It was a good comedy!

Was anyone else surprised by the great amount of nudity and sexual stuff, though? I mean, I knew there would be some, but WOW, there was a lot of.. well, nudity and sexual themes. More then I expected.

The only nudity that I saw were a bunch of women's exposed breasts. ;D

Written By: Apricot on 08/04/05 at 1:55 pm

Well it looks really stupid...so like Max said about Wedding Crasher, I say about this piece of crap...I wouldn't take my...oh wait, they aren't allowed anyway ::)

Who's not allowed? And why? Is it R-Rated? Or do you just have a rule or something?

The only nudity that I saw were a bunch of women's exposed breasts.

Well, er.. that qualifies as nudity, doesn't it?

Written By: Howard on 08/04/05 at 3:01 pm

Who's not allowed? And why? Is it R-Rated? Or do you just have a rule or something?

Well, er.. that qualifies as nudity, doesn't it?

Yes,I guess it does. ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...