inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Jessica Simpson stirs controversy with Christian Groups

Written By: woops on 08/01/05 at 3:07 pm

To dumb of a topic to be on the political board and just felt like posting this...

Nothing new since she's always been trashy and been known to put the feminist movement back 50 years like every trashy pop act, including herself & her equally notalented sister...  ::)  :P

The song "These Boots Were Made For Walking" wasn't even a good song to begin with...

Source: "Best Week Ever"  :-X (Again, nothing else was on  ::)  :P)

Subject: Re: Jessica Simpson stirs controversy with Christian Groups

Written By: Brian Damaged on 08/01/05 at 3:19 pm

She doesn't affect the womans movement at all.  I think its more insulting to women to think that some silly girl is going to affect the womans movement one little bit.

Written By: woops on 08/01/05 at 3:29 pm

To be honest, I actually can't tell the difference between B.S., Christina Ackulera, etc. from Jessica Simpson...  ::)  :P

I wonder if that "Dukes of Hazzard" movie flopped...

Then again, the original show wasn't good either

Written By: Harmonica on 08/01/05 at 3:49 pm

She's nowhere NEAR as trashy as Britney or Christina :P

Ah, the blue moon came out again. (We agree on something)

Written By: Harmonica on 08/01/05 at 5:59 pm

See, I'm not a TOTAL idiot :D

I know your not a total idiot. Never thought you were.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/02/05 at 2:03 am

pssstttt......I was trying to be funny :D

We're all a bit cuckoo  :D

But, really, I think just because Jessica is "supposedly" Christian and is suppose to set morals for girls her age - well, here's a wake up call - she's left all that behind many, many moons ago and she's far from being any model for Christians - and if they're looking to her as a source - then there really is something terribly wrong!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/02/05 at 9:18 am

I think over the past year, she has gotten JUST as trashy as Christina and Britney. That video, "these boots were made for walking" was so gross. I used to have more respect for her when she first came out as a singer...but now, she's just like the rest.

Erin :)

Written By: Alchoholica on 08/02/05 at 9:57 am

Oh jesus god dancin christ that was awful. It was never a good song to begin with, but somehow, she's made it a dang sight worse.. and then.. ugh, she looks like a Domestic Abuse Victim!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/02/05 at 9:58 am

There's..... uuuuuuummmmm........... other things to worry about right now than Jessica Simpson, right now....  ::)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/02/05 at 11:39 am

But,she's 25 now, she's not a teenager anymore.  Personally, I don't think she's that bad, considering some of the other "role models" her age :-\\

If I had a daughter, I'd rather she emulated Jessica Simpson than Lindsay, Britney or Christina...

I do agree that if my daughter chose to follow someone  like Jessica Simpson, I would prefer her rather than the other tween triplets -  Britney, Lindsay and Christina.

Written By: Howard on 08/02/05 at 3:26 pm

http://z.about.com/d/movies/1/0/n/5/7/jessicasimpsonmusic.jpg

Now who can't resist this picture of her? :o

Written By: woops on 08/02/05 at 3:37 pm

http://z.about.com/d/movies/1/0/n/5/7/jessicasimpsonmusic.jpg

Now who can't resist this picture of her? :o

She's just as fake like her sister...  ::)  :P

Written By: Howard on 08/02/05 at 3:39 pm

She's just as fake like her sister...  ::)   :P

How fake is she? singing-wise or her body? ;D

Written By: woops on 08/02/05 at 3:41 pm

How fake is she? singing-wise or her body? ;D

Both  :D  ::)

Like if she's some kind of robot, like most, or all, manufactured pop acts

Written By: Howard on 08/02/05 at 3:42 pm

you're very picky woops. ;D

Written By: Skippy on 08/02/05 at 6:38 pm

Isn't she the one that lip-synced to the wrong song on SNL a while back?

Written By: Dagwood on 08/02/05 at 7:09 pm

That's the truth.

Written By: Dagwood on 08/02/05 at 7:10 pm

Isn't she the one that lip-synced to the wrong song on SNL a while back?

That was her sister, Ashley.

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 08/03/05 at 6:30 am

Yes she is. Even more so.  I'm not saying you don't have a right to your opinion. That's just the way I feel.

Written By: ToddR on 08/03/05 at 8:30 am

Fake? How is she fake? I think she's been the most "real" pop act in a long time. Look at her reality show, she's just like any other 25 year old. She makes stupid jokes, farts, burps, doesn't pretend to be something she's not. To me that is as real as you can get. I don't think she is trashy at all. Sure she is sexy and wears revealing clothes, hell if I had a body like hers, I would too.

Woops, it's kinda funny that you're putting Jessica down for being "too sexy", but look at your washed-up idol Debbie Gibson.....she posed for Playboy and received no attention. She took her clothes off for nothing. Who's more trashy?  :o  Manufactured? She isn't manufactured like all the other singers. If you really know the story behind Jessica, you'd know she is the complete opposite. Once again, more false "truths" by Woops.

Jessica has a great voice, is drop dead gorgeous, seems like a down to earth person, has all the fame in the world............more power to her. I mean really, no one here has given me any reason to maybe consider you may be right. If anything, and I hate to say it.....you're jealous.

Written By: Jacko on 08/03/05 at 1:23 pm

I wish I had her body.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/03/05 at 5:00 pm

Jessica has a great voice, is drop dead gorgeous, seems like a down to earth person, has all the fame in the world............more power to her. I mean really, no one here has given me any reason to maybe consider you may be right. If anything, and I hate to say it.....you're jealous.

I personally don't think Jessica Simpson has a great voice. If she does, it's been very distorted and morphed by super technicians where it hardly ever sounds that good. Christina Aguilara wins points with vocal power.

Written By: Howard on 08/03/05 at 5:57 pm

I wish I had her body.

Why do you wish you wanted her body? ;D

Written By: woops on 08/03/05 at 8:18 pm

Fake? How is she fake? I think she's been the most "real" pop act in a long time. Look at her reality show, she's just like any other 25 year old. She makes stupid jokes, farts, burps, doesn't pretend to be something she's not. To me that is as real as you can get. I don't think she is trashy at all. Sure she is sexy and wears revealing clothes, hell if I had a body like hers, I would too.

Woops, it's kinda funny that you're putting Jessica down for being "too sexy", but look at your washed-up idol Debbie Gibson.....she posed for Playboy and received no attention. She took her clothes off for nothing. Who's more trashy?  :o   Manufactured? She isn't manufactured like all the other singers. If you really know the story behind Jessica, you'd know she is the complete opposite. Once again, more false "truths" by Woops.

Deborah Gibson wrote/produced most of her own material during her "Electric Youth". 

And I wouldn't call Deborah Gibson "washed up" since she's a successful stage actress, still releases good but underapreciated albums, and still have a steady fan base.  As for the issue of Playboy, it was done in good taste and yes it was a poor attempt, but atleast she didn't appear on some humilating reality show like "Ths Surreal Life", which she turned down. 

http://www.discomuseum.com/DebbieGibson.html

The only reason I trash Jessica Simpson & other pop acts is because I feel like venting from all the hype that's around it.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/03/05 at 8:23 pm

There's a proliferation of dumb blonde singer/model/actresses of late.  I just ignore them the best I can.  They're REALLY not worth your attention or mine.

Jessica Simpson does not "set back" the progress of women in this country.  To say who really does would be too political to post here.  If so-called Christian Groups didn't have things to get outraged over, they'd be out of business over night!

Written By: woops on 08/04/05 at 4:02 am

ummmm.....were you around in the 80's when SHE was the focus of all the "hype"  and the Britney/Christina thing was Debbie/Tiffany ???

I was too young (born in 1984) when the whole Debbie/Tiffany thing came about, and didn't even know such a thing existed and who Tiffany is until a few years ago.

BTW, I respect a few young actors, singers, etc from today.  :)

Written By: danootaandme on 08/04/05 at 5:39 am

Jessica Simpson does not "set back" the progress of women in this country.  To say who really does would be too political to post here.  If so-called Christian Groups didn't have things to get outraged over, they'd be out of business over night!

It is the so-called Christian Groups who are setting back the progress of women in this country.  But then
maybe Jessica is, after all her father was a minister before he found out he could make more money pimping out his daughters

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/04/05 at 6:36 am

after all her father was a minister before he found out he could make more money pimping out his daughters

hahahahaa...had to laugh at this one...it's SO true!  Their dad always gave me the creeps!

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 08/05/05 at 3:20 am

I sense alot of jealousy in this thread. The women are mad because she's one of the hottest girls on the planet and the guys are mad because they'll never date someone that beautiful. Get over it! There's much trashier people in our society than Jessica.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/05/05 at 6:11 am

To dumb of a topic to be on the political board and just felt like posting this...

Nothing new since she's always been trashy and been known to put the feminist movement back 50 years like every trashy pop act, including herself & her equally notalented sister...  ::)  :P

The song "These Boots Were Made For Walking" wasn't even a good song to begin with...

Source: "Best Week Ever"  :-X (Again, nothing else was on  ::)  :P)

Why would she set the woman's movement back 50 years?

Because she is hot?

Silly...  I can party with a hot woman and still respect her at the same time...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/05/05 at 8:34 am

The women are mad because she's one of the hottest girls on the planet

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you on that one. I wouldn't even include her on the top 10 list of attractive women, in my opinion. I can think of MANY other women who are indeed gorgeous, and don't have to be fake to have that status.  I am a female, and I have NO problem admitting that a female is beautiful....but when a female has to turn to looking trashy to be "attractive"...I don't find that beautiful in the least. People are just too superficial, and all they go by is face value, and in this day and age, a face, isn't even a real "face" any longer, with all of the plastic surgery, make-up, and TONS of airbrushing/photoshopping.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/05/05 at 11:27 am

I sense alot of jealousy in this thread. The women are mad because she's one of the hottest girls on the planet and the guys are mad because they'll never date someone that beautiful. Get over it! There's much trashier people in our society than Jessica.

There;s no jealously here. I admire Jessica. She can do whatever she wants. But, I also don't think she's the hottest thing out there (I agree with Quirk on that). The question is - have we lowered our standards so much that we have to say, "there's much trashier people in our society that Jessica." I mean, that's just saying that "Yeah, she's trashy, but there are even more trashier out there I could be attracted to." Like Quirk said, I am girl and I can be open minded and tell you who I think is attractive and not, and Jessica would definetely not be considered a "beautiful" person to me. She's pretty, yes, but not jaw-droppingly beautiful.

Written By: Howard on 08/05/05 at 2:56 pm

They rated the new Dukes Of Hazzard movie 1/2 stars. ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/05/05 at 3:51 pm

They rated the new Dukes Of Hazzard movie 1/2 stars. ;D

I am surprised it even got that much!

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 08/05/05 at 4:19 pm

I sense alot of jealousy in this thread. The women are mad because she's one of the hottest girls on the planet

I'm not jealous of her. I can't say what I really think of her on here. :-X

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/05/05 at 4:31 pm

Our paper gave it a C-. Not bad considering what it could've been... they said that Jessica was probably the best part of the movie and that the sense of lawlessness from the Dukes of Hazard doesn't fit well into modern times as it did some 20 years ago... so, that's that..

Written By: Dagwood on 08/06/05 at 7:35 pm

I am surprised it even got that much!

One of our local critics actually gave it 2 1/2 stars.  You gotta wonder what they were smoking before they saw the movie. ::)

Written By: Nobody on 08/06/05 at 7:50 pm

Mostly teenyboppers & men from prison...  ::)

Written By: Nobody on 08/06/05 at 7:50 pm

Mostly teenyboppers & men from prison...  ::)

I meant  ::) not : :)  :P

Check for new replies or respond here...