inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: To Harry Potter fans:

Written By: Billy Florio on 08/01/05 at 7:33 pm

You might want to look at what director Mike Newell is planning on doing to your favorite warlock:

Newell: 'Children Are Violent and Corrupt'

Director Mike Newell is using his forthcoming movie Harry Potter and the Goblet Of Fire to vent his seething mistrust of children. The 63-year-old film-maker is determined to obliterate any sense of false innocence in the magical tale, as he insists kids should be depicted in a more truthful light - as bloodthirsty maniacs. He says, "I was very anxious to break the franchise out of this goody-two-shoes feel. It's my view that children are violent, dirty, corrupt anarchists. Just adults-in-waiting basically."

http://imdb.com/news/wenn/2005-08-01/#6

Subject: Re: To Harry Potter fans:

Written By: Apricot on 08/01/05 at 7:35 pm

If that's true, that man is awesome.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/01/05 at 7:46 pm

It should be intersting...

Written By: bj26 on 08/02/05 at 10:37 am

Am only on P. 100 in the book but sense many will die at the hand of the dark wizard.  I hope the movie doesn't depict kids as bad, they have enough of a challenge growing up in this world.

Written By: kairi747 on 08/03/05 at 1:03 am

knowing how involved j k rowling has been in the development of all of the movies i can't imagine that she would allow that to happen.  it's ridiculous.

Written By: Gis on 08/03/05 at 1:32 am

knowing how involved j k rowling has been in the development of all of the movies i can't imagine that she would allow that to happen.  it's ridiculous.
My sentiments exactly !

Written By: Kenlos on 08/03/05 at 12:30 pm

If he despises kids so much then why get involved in a movie where kids are the central characters ???

I get the feeling he probably didn't mean it exactly like that because like kairi747 said I doubt Rowling would have let him work on the movie if he truely felt like that.

Check for new replies or respond here...