inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hardee's commercial (BLACK COFFEE OUT OF BED)

Written By: Mickey D. on 08/09/05 at 11:17 am

From Squeeze's "Black Coffee In Bed" to Hardee's "Black Coffee Out Of Bed" commercial, I REALLY REALLY love this commercial! In the morning, the thirsty guy in an underwear with a sleazy tie on, and a long sleeve button-up shirt on , realizing that the black coffee has been spilled from the coffee maker the day after.  I know all of these lines like "We can rebuild a carburetor?  Put together a five-speaker surround sound stereo?  And juggle four girlfriends without ever getting busted?" The guy cleans up the black coffee mess with paper towels from the kitchen counter to squeeze out drops in the mug to drink it . "Oh well! You can't be good at everything..." The guy drinks the black coffee down to the last drop. "A grilled pork chop biscuit @ Hardee's.  Without us, some guys would starve." The guy was going to put down the mug during its tagline "Without us, some guys would starve" before the picture fades out.

Subject: Re: Hardee's commercial (BLACK COFFEE OUT OF BED)

Written By: Disturbed Consumer on 09/13/05 at 6:59 pm

You love this commercial with horribly reinforces macho, male-dominating stereotypes.  We can "juggle four girlfriends"..that is absolutely disgusting.  I hope this commercial is taken off of the air very soon.

Subject: Re: Hardee's commercial (BLACK COFFEE OUT OF BED)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/13/05 at 11:06 pm

I remember Squeeze, Black Coffee In Bed--
http://jackwolak.com/7/6700.jpg
But we don't have Hardee's up this way.
Life is hard.
::)

Check for new replies or respond here...