inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Which of These Will Happen First?

Written By: Indy Gent on 08/11/05 at 8:25 pm

Maybe wishful thinking, but I pick Manson's death.

Subject: Re: Which of These Will Happen First?

Written By: Dagwood on 08/11/05 at 8:35 pm

Armageddon

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/11/05 at 8:44 pm

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/11/05 at 8:45 pm

Armageddon outta here!
:D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/11/05 at 8:48 pm

I was going to post this, but that would tarnish my nuetral political position:  :D ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/11/05 at 8:56 pm

I was going to post this, but that would tarnish my nuetral political position:  :D ;D

I always wanted to be neutral.  Ever since I was knee-high to a grasshopper, I'd look at all those neutral people out there in the world doing their neutral things, and I'd say, "I wanna be just like that!  I wanna be neutral!"
But I have failed.

:\'(

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/11/05 at 9:41 pm

I was going to post this, but that would tarnish my nuetral political position: :D ;D
George W. on the phone"North Korea(or some other two-bit dictatorship)wants World War 3? Well two can play that game! TELL 'EM TO LAUNCH THE MISSILES! The h*ll with this world anyways,maybe this will teach the liberals a lesson they won't ever forget"

Just kidding. I fear Armageddon!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/11/05 at 9:59 pm

George W. on the phone"North Korea(or some other two-bit dictatorship)wants World War 3? Well two can play that game! TELL 'EM TO LAUNCH THE MISSILES! The h*ll with this world anyways,maybe this will teach the liberals a lesson they won't ever forget"

Just kidding. I fear Armageddon!

North Korea's not a "two-bit" dictatorship, it's a "to bits" dictatorship!
:o

Written By: Maddie's The Boss on 08/12/05 at 2:43 am

Ashley Tisdale does another sitcom, this time on FOX...making it the best show since...know knows how long when...  :D

Written By: Maddie's The Boss on 08/12/05 at 2:45 am

As for above, all  except for Arnold being president...

Then again, I'm now rooting for Natasha Beddingfield when she's nominated for a US Grammy!!!

Written By: Mushroom on 08/12/05 at 8:12 am

Actually, a lot of these will probably never happen.

Natalee Hollaway?  More then likely her body was dumped in the Ocean, and will never be recovered.

Bush will order the pullout of troops?  Myself, I see this as another long-term operation.  I think it will be a long term (but needed) status.  Think of Korea, Cyprus, and Palestine.  Those have all had UN (or US) troops in them for decades.  As long as it helps keep the peace, I support it.  If we pull out now, we condemn millions of Iraqi citizens to unending years of bloodshed.

Bin Ladin captured?  I also doubt that.  Look how long they looked for Carlos The Jackyl, Abu Nidal, Joseph Mengele.  When you try and capture a single individual like this, it is almost impossible.  Just ask Israel about that.

Peace in the Middle East?  HA!  There has not been peace in that region in over 5,000 years.  Why should I expect it now?

Saddam's trial?  If there is one.  Myself, I wish he would (honestly) have a heart attack or stroke.  A trial is going to turn into a 3-ring circus for terrorists and extreemist groups.  And either way it turns out, it will lead to more killings by fringe groups.

Arnold can't be elected President (unless he moves back to Austria).

Trump firing himself?  That is most likely.  The Donald is getting up in years, and it is not unknown for CEOs to retire.  Just look at Michael Dell.

Charles Manson dying?  That can happen at any time.  He is also getting on in years, and he could always suffer the fate of Jeffrey Dahmer.

A cure for HIV?  That would be nice.  But since there has never been a cure for any virus, I doubt it will happen in my lifetime.  The most we can hope for here is a vacceine against some of the forms.

Armageddon?  I don't think so.  That is something "The Left" has thrown at every Republican President (and Candidate) since World War II.  Some thought Eisenhaur would do it.  Barry Goldwater was attacked with the infamous "Daisy" ad.  People were so sure that Reagan would start of WWIII, that it was accepted by many.  Even Prince wrote a song about that (Does anybody else remember "Ronnie Talk To Russia"?)  I think the only way Armageddon will happen, is if fundamentalist Christians are right, and the Rapture happens.

Written By: Bauble on 08/12/05 at 8:41 am

Charles Manson dies in prison (or anywhere)

Written By: Indy Gent on 08/12/05 at 6:57 pm

I agree with every one of these points except for Iraq being a "needed" status, Armageddon (and I'm Republican) and, somewhat, the Arnold thing. That amendment that might allow foreign-born citizens to run for President hasn't been killed off yet (as far as I know). It might take awhile, but until it is officially dead, Arnold still has a shot at running (though I doubt now he would win in a fair election.) Manson's death just can't happen soon enough.  ::) 
Actually, a lot of these will probably never happen.

Natalee Hollaway?  More then likely her body was dumped in the Ocean, and will never be recovered.

Bush will order the pullout of troops?  Myself, I see this as another long-term operation.  I think it will be a long term (but needed) status.  Think of Korea, Cyprus, and Palestine.  Those have all had UN (or US) troops in them for decades.  As long as it helps keep the peace, I support it.  If we pull out now, we condemn millions of Iraqi citizens to unending years of bloodshed.

Bin Ladin captured?  I also doubt that.  Look how long they looked for Carlos The Jackyl, Abu Nidal, Joseph Mengele.  When you try and capture a single individual like this, it is almost impossible.  Just ask Israel about that.

Peace in the Middle East?  HA!  There has not been peace in that region in over 5,000 years.  Why should I expect it now?

Saddam's trial?  If there is one.  Myself, I wish he would (honestly) have a heart attack or stroke.  A trial is going to turn into a 3-ring circus for terrorists and extreemist groups.  And either way it turns out, it will lead to more killings by fringe groups.

Arnold can't be elected President (unless he moves back to Austria).

Trump firing himself?  That is most likely.  The Donald is getting up in years, and it is not unknown for CEOs to retire.  Just look at Michael Dell.

Charles Manson dying?  That can happen at any time.  He is also getting on in years, and he could always suffer the fate of Jeffrey Dahmer.

A cure for HIV?  That would be nice.  But since there has never been a cure for any virus, I doubt it will happen in my lifetime.  The most we can hope for here is a vacceine against some of the forms.

Armageddon?  I don't think so.  That is something "The Left" has thrown at every Republican President (and Candidate) since World War II.  Some thought Eisenhaur would do it.  Barry Goldwater was attacked with the infamous "Daisy" ad.  People were so sure that Reagan would start of WWIII, that it was accepted by many.  Even Prince wrote a song about that (Does anybody else remember "Ronnie Talk To Russia"?)  I think the only way Armageddon will happen, is if fundamentalist Christians are right, and the Rapture happens.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/12/05 at 10:35 pm

Saddam Hussein's trial to be over.

It will probally end pretty soon.

Written By: jiminy on 08/13/05 at 5:19 am

I agree with every one of these points except for Iraq being a "needed" status, Armageddon (and I'm Republican) and, somewhat, the Arnold thing. That amendment that might allow foreign-born citizens to run for President hasn't been killed off yet (as far as I know). It might take awhile, but until it is officially dead, Arnold still has a shot at running (though I doubt now he would win in a fair election.) Manson's death just can't happen soon enough.  ::)   

but Charlie never did nothing... just ask robbo... oh wait, that's Micheal Jackson, sorry my mistake   :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/13/05 at 5:30 am

Armageddon.

As in the phrase, Armageddon out of here!

Written By: FaultyDog on 08/13/05 at 8:42 am

Saddam Hussein's trial to be over. Might take some time, but it will end eventually (most likely within five years, for whatever reason).

As to the others:
Armageddon? I expect that not to happen in my lifetime (and I don't want to die before the age of 103).

Bush and retreat? Well, that's about the only thing he'll never do!

Natalee Holloway? The poor girls body will never be found, I'm afraid.

Arnie for president? You've already HAD an actor, right? Surely you wouldn't....

Osama Bin Laden getting caught? Yeah, when hell freezes over.

Peace in Middle-East? Will never happen.

Trump firing himself? Might just happen, but I had only vote to cast of course.

Charles Manson dying? That's definitely going to happen, but not within the next 5 years.

A cure for HIV? I wish... but no, this is going to take a long long time...

Written By: Mushroom on 08/13/05 at 9:22 am

Saddam Hussein's trial to be over.

It will probally end pretty soon.

Only if he is killed by somebody first.

In case you have not been paying attention, they are expecting to have at least twelve seperate trials, and as many as twenty-four seperate trials!

The people of Iraq have a lot of repressed anger at that man, and they are going to make him stand trial for groups of crimes.  They want to show the world that whatever he gets is a fair and just crime, and that he is not just being railroaded into some kind of kangaroo court.  Expect the evidence and testemony to be very graphic and detailed.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/13/05 at 5:05 pm

Only if he is killed by somebody first.

In case you have not been paying attention, they are expecting to have at least twelve seperate trials, and as many as twenty-four seperate trials!

The people of Iraq have a lot of repressed anger at that man, and they are going to make him stand trial for groups of crimes.  They want to show the world that whatever he gets is a fair and just crime, and that he is not just being railroaded into some kind of kangaroo court.  Expect the evidence and testemony to be very graphic and detailed.

I hope your right, unfortunatly Saddam probally has highly priced lawyers....

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/14/05 at 8:19 pm

I hope your right, unfortunatly Saddam probally has highly priced lawyers....
Dunno about that,man. Saddam might be flat broke....

before anything on the thread happens...that bawling crybaby Terrell Owens will break down and accept the contract that the Philly EAGLES are offering him..and bow down and apologize to Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb for his mouthing off on ESPN!!

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 08/15/05 at 2:26 am

I think Armageddon is imminent. After all, the Boston Red Sox just won the World Series. (This was predicted in the book of Revelation.)  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: jiminy on 08/15/05 at 6:18 am

I think Armageddon is imminent. After all, the Boston Red Sox just won the World Series. (This was predicted in the book of Revelation.)  ;D ;D ;D

you're thinking of the cubs  ;D

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/15/05 at 8:12 pm

you're thinking of the cubs  ;D
Hey..the Philadelphia Eagles got into the Super Bowl last year...and Rusty Wallace finally got a win at Martinsvillle (spring race)after a loooooong time away from Victory Lane...Oh yes, THE END IS NEAR,folks....

Written By: jiminy on 08/15/05 at 8:21 pm

Hey..the Philadelphia Eagles got into the Super Bowl last year...and Rusty Wallace finally got a win at Martinsvillle (spring race)after a loooooong time away from Victory Lane...Oh yes, THE END IS NEAR,folks....

but Rusty has won the cup before, 1989 i think
my Baltimore/Indianapolis Colts haven't been to a superbowl since superbowl V
I'll have to scan my Tony Stewart autographs, I was lucky to open a pack of cards and inside was a Tony auto, I usually open packs and if i get an auto it's some Busch driver you have never heard of
  ;D

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/15/05 at 9:04 pm

I'll have to scan my Tony Stewart autographs, I was lucky to open a pack of cards and inside was a Tony auto, I usually open packs and if i get an auto it's some Busch driver you have never heard of
  ;D
Hey,easy on the Busch Series drivers....Martin Truex Jr. is from here in Southern NJ!!!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/15/05 at 9:06 pm

Donald Trump retires and lets Omarosa run the Trump properties! HAHAHA!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/15/05 at 9:08 pm

;D
And you really know THE END IS NEAR if one of the BODINES wins a Nextel Cup!

Written By: danootaandme on 08/16/05 at 5:57 am

The only thing on this list that will happen is Charles Manson dying.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/17/05 at 12:33 am

Osama Bin Laden will quit Al-Qaida and give himself up to our soldiers in Afganistan!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/17/05 at 12:35 am

A true sign that THE END IS NEAR would be Bill Gates going broke....and Pete Rose being inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame!

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 08/20/05 at 3:24 pm

Here is your surefire sign of the Apocalypse: The University of Nebraska men's basketball team makes it into the Final Four of the NCAA tournament.  It may very well be 10,000 years before this ever happens.  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/20/05 at 6:37 pm

The Phillies winning another World Series...

Check for new replies or respond here...