inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Stupid Criminal Nabbed in my Neighborhood...

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/13/05 at 5:58 pm

Well, last tuesday, some 18-year-old boy came into my neighborhood and held up the 7-11, brandishing a chrome .25 auto.  >:(

The next day, they had several frames of the security video splashed across the front page of the local paper.  Seems our budding Jesse James was wearing a T-shirt that said "Try It".  :-\\

Also the next day, this moron was spotted walking down the street of his 'hood, wearing the "try it" T-shirt.  Apparently one of his boyz called the cops and they cuffed him and stuffed him.

I think I'm gonna send that bozo a subscription to the newspaper as a joke, or send him a T-shirt that says "Town's Stupidest Armed Robber".  ;D ;D

Subject: Re: Stupid Criminal Nabbed in my Neighborhood...

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/13/05 at 7:20 pm

Well, last tuesday, some 18-year-old boy came into my neighborhood and held up the 7-11, brandishing a chrome .25 auto.  >:(

The next day, they had several frames of the security video splashed across the front page of the local paper.  Seems our budding Jesse James was wearing a T-shirt that said "Try It".  :-\\

Also the next day, this moron was spotted walking down the street of his 'hood, wearing the "try it" T-shirt.  Apparently one of his boyz called the cops and they cuffed him and stuffed him.

I think I'm gonna send that bozo a subscription to the newspaper as a joke, or send him a T-shirt that says "Town's Stupidest Armed Robber".  ;D ;D
I'm glad the creep didn't hurt anyone and that they caught him. I believe, by definition, all criminals are stupid >:(

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/13/05 at 8:10 pm

I think I'm gonna send that bozo a subscription to the newspaper as a joke, or send him a T-shirt that says "Town's Stupidest Armed Robber".   ;D ;D

What an  idiot.....

::)

Written By: guest on 08/13/05 at 10:20 pm

Do you think we could ever end the practice of getting sued by the criminal when the victim overpowers them and either blows them away or makes them trip and twist their ankle...

As frivolous as it sounds there have been criminals who sued the victim for getting hurt in the process of robbing the house or ?? >:( >:(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 08/13/05 at 11:07 pm

Do you think we could ever end the practice of getting sued by the criminal when the victim overpowers them and either blows them away or makes them trip and twist their ankle...

As frivolous as it sounds there have been criminals who sued the victim for getting hurt in the process of robbing the house or ?? >:( >:(
No doubt about that BS. It also goes into the so-called "Defense" attorney's. In the case of my son being murdered at work at the sh*t-hole subway sandwich shop he worked at, they tried to say my son was the aggressor and was high on pot, therefore scaring the little punk into shooting him through the heart. I hope the criminals that really are criminals and the ones who defend them will all BURN >:(

Written By: rich1981 on 08/13/05 at 11:14 pm

Another candidate for "America's Dumbest Criminals"...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/14/05 at 12:06 am

I'm glad the creep didn't hurt anyone and that they caught him. I believe, by definition, all criminals are stupid >:(

Their only stupid if they think they're not going to get caught...and they get caught anyway.  For that matter, not all who get caught are stupid.  Remember all those sophisticated bank heists?  Such crimes involve all kinds of skill and know-how.  The problem often isn't stupidity, it's avarice.  Somebody with a grudge rats out the other for revenge.  Sometimes the criminals after a "successful" career just push their luck too far, like the gambler who plays one too many hands.
When you're talking about petty thugs, yeah, they're generally stupid.  Wearing the same t-shirt you wore during the stick up, that's stupid! Sometimes one stupid mistake gives away a huge operation.  There were a bunch of dope dealers on campus at UMass a couple of years ago.  Why did they get busted?  They stole a student's laptop.  Then they went to their dorm room, and plugged it right back into to the campus ethernet system.  What they didn't think about was if the student reported the theft to the Office of Information Technologies, OIT could trace the computer.  He had, and they did.  The cops came knocking and caught the dealers with copious amounts of cocaine, marijuana, and Ecstasy, huge wads of cash, and of course, a stolen laptop!
:D

I often think about how many murders would go unsolved if people knew how to keep their mouths shut!  How many times have you heard the story of a guy doing a nickel for burglary who bragged to his cellmate about icing some dude years before?  Sheesh!

Check for new replies or respond here...