inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Comcast Cable sends woman cable bill with derogatory slur in place of her name!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/20/05 at 6:18 pm

From the idiots at Comcast..a royal screwup!http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/business/article.adp?id=20050817203109990004&ncid=NWS00010000000001

I posted on the AOL news message board about how this person was treated. Some of the other posters, mostly MEN, said she was a 'whiny b*tch' and 'deserved' it!

Subject: Re: Comcast Cable sends woman cable bill with derogatory slur in place of her name!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/20/05 at 6:20 pm

Whoever was responsible for sending/writing the bill should be fired....  ::)

Subject: Re: Comcast Cable sends woman cable bill with derogatory slur in place of her name!

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/20/05 at 6:38 pm

Comcast s*cks, plain and simple.

Written By: Dagwood on 08/21/05 at 7:43 am

Comcast officials said the name change shouldn't have happened.

Um, gee...ya think?  ::)

Written By: Skippy on 08/21/05 at 10:43 am

Luckily I own my own satellite dish and don't have to rely on such sucky services like Comcast. I also like the idea of having the capability of having over 4600 analog and digital channels available on about 30 satellites, many of them free. It's also about half the cost of cable.

Written By: zcrito on 08/21/05 at 11:22 pm

I don't think we'll ever know the full story on this. But as someone who works in customer service, I'd really like to hear Comcast's side of it.
I wonder if calling her a b*tch ruined her life?

It was also mentioned she works in Customer Service, so I wonder how she deals with people like herself?

Written By: Jessica on 08/22/05 at 1:01 am

I don't think we'll ever know the full story on this. But as someone who works in customer service, I'd really like to hear Comcast's side of it.
I wonder if calling her a b*tch ruined her life?

It was also mentioned she works in Customer Service, so I wonder how she deals with people like herself?

Exactly what I was thinking when I read this. While I don't condone what Comcast did (even I have enough sense to call someone names AFTER they leave the store I work at ;D), it makes me wonder how many times she called and complained and harassed and nagged, etc.

There is a fine line between complaining to get results and just being an annoying pr*ck. Lord knows I deal with those types of people every day that I go into my job. :P

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/22/05 at 8:57 am

B*tch Dog is bad enough.....but the mailman who delivered the bill that had "Jeffery Scrotum Bag Barnes." on it....had to pee his pants from laughing so hard! LOL! ;D

Erin :)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/22/05 at 9:40 am

Well, I'm not saying that it's right...but I laughed a LOT when I read this story.  ;D If that happened to me, it'd probably be something that I would frame, hang on my wall, and show everyone that came into my house.

Beth

Written By: Indy Gent on 08/22/05 at 10:50 am

Well, I didn't find this story amusing at all. Obscene names and racial slurs should be enough for the entire billing department to be held responsible. I feel empathetic toward people in customer service, but we all must deal with customers (rude or not) in a professional manner. As with all companies' billing services, Comcast should never send anything that belittles their customers. :-X

Written By: Tam on 08/22/05 at 11:16 am

Well, I didn't find this story amusing at all. Obscene names and racial slurs should be enough for the entire billing department to be held responsible. I feel empathetic toward people in customer service, but we all must deal with customers (rude or not) in a professional manner. As with all companies' billing services, Comcast should never send anything that belittles their customers. :-X

I completely agree with you Jonathon!

Written By: Comcast Sux on 08/22/05 at 11:33 am

Comcast didn't do anything.  An employee was unprofessional and acted like a jerk and they got fired.  Anybody who saw it and let it go should get fired.  But too many times, people try to make a whole company responsable for everything every employee does, which is silly.  It's actually not silly, it's cause a lot of times they figure they can just call some lawyers office and get there name in the news and get a big settlement so they can sit on there fat butt for the rest of there life.

Written By: Comcast Sux on 08/22/05 at 11:47 am

While I agree they can't be held responsible for the actions of each and every employee, they SHOULD have some sort of "protection" to insure something like this doesn't happen.  A simple program to insure that none of the "known" derogatory terms is all that's needed.  The DMV has one to "decode" license plates to prohibit profanity, it's not that difficult.  The insurance company that I worked for had a simple report that was reviewed daily of all of the name changes that had been processed.  If anything was questionable, we simply verified it with the customer. 

Yeah, but who would think about doing that before something like this happens.  Theres a million stupid things an employee could do if they want.  If you were an executive for a big company, would you think.  "Hey, guys, maybe we need some kind of program so our customer service reps don't decide to change a customers name to Mrs. F***head or something like that."

Written By: zcrito on 08/22/05 at 11:56 am

People in Customer Support shouldn't go to that level to get even with annoying customers. Especially since you're dealing with customers by voice only, it's not as if you're face-to-face with them. Let your supervisor or manager know you're dealing with a loser.

Insults and put-downs of belligerent customers should be reserved for use only at the office with your fellow employees. It's part of employee bonding.

I'm sorry two people got fired (that's what I read) because of this. They gave her the upper-hand with what they did and now she's popping up on television being portrayed as a victim.

Don't forget that the vast majority of people you deal with in Customer Support are actually "normal" and should be treated as well as possible.

Written By: Comcast Sux on 08/22/05 at 12:19 pm

Most customer service reps suck.  If they aren't outright rude, they're incompetent and not helpful.  To me, the only places that are consistently good are Amazon.com and Land's End.

Subject: Re: Comcast Cable sends woman cable bill with derogatory slur in place of her na

Written By: Alchoholica on 08/22/05 at 12:35 pm

LMAO! That's funny as hell!

They should be rewarded not punished. Oh man, if i was in a position to do so i'd hire the two employees this instant.

That's what we need more of! I'd be a much happier man if this kind of thing happened all the time. hell, even if somebody sent me a letter addresed 'Cork Smoking Jerkoff' i'd just think it was hilarious.

Written By: JefferyScrotumBagBarnes on 08/22/05 at 1:14 pm

http://img45.exs.cx/img45/6130/balls_on_chin.jpg

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/22/05 at 1:15 pm

http://img45.exs.cx/img45/6130/balls_on_chin.jpg

OMFG!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D What an awesome guest!!!

Beth

Written By: B*tch Dog on 08/22/05 at 1:19 pm

I didn't think it was funny at all!! ::Z-snap::

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/22/05 at 3:25 pm

OMG.....I can't stop laughing!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/22/05 at 8:38 pm

There's nooooo excuse for addressing a customer as "Bitch Dog."  Comcast ought to give her a lifetime of free cable.  They shouldn't make that kind of abuse a habit.  Maybe John "Tiny Pecker" Smith might come down to the main office and say, "Come and meet my little friend!!!"

Written By: jackas on 08/22/05 at 11:15 pm

Although this is an amusing story, I think what the two employees did was wrong.  I used to work in a finance office and believe me, when you're dealing with paychecks you get some piissed off people.  I can totally understand how they felt, but they should have resisted the urge.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/23/05 at 12:00 am

Another reason to hate Comcast is all the good stuff...the decent programming...costs extra coz you have to get digital cable!

Written By: zcrito on 08/23/05 at 3:45 am

There's nooooo excuse for addressing a customer as "witch Dog."  Comcast ought to give her a lifetime of free cable.  They shouldn't make that kind of abuse a habit.  Maybe John "Tiny Pecker" Smith might come down to the main office and say, "Come and meet my little friend!!!"

"Comcast ought to give her a lifetime of free cable."

Why. She got the letter but went out and told the world about it, not Comcast. Two people were fired. What more does she want or need.

Any women out there (I know there are)? Is being called a "b*itch" really that bad ?

Written By: jackas on 08/23/05 at 7:57 am

Why. She got the letter but went out and told the world about it, not Comcast. Two people were fired. What more does she want or need.

Any women out there (I know there are)? Is being called a "b*itch" really that bad ?

I would get over it rather quickly.  In fact I may have even found this amusing. 

I don't agree with a lifetime of free cable either.  It's not like they killed the family breadwinner.

Written By: Marian on 08/23/05 at 1:47 pm

Well, I'm not saying that it's right...but I laughed a LOT when I read this story.  ;D If that happened to me, it'd probably be something that I would frame, hang on my wall, and show everyone that came into my house.

Beth
:DI understand what you mean.it's kind of funny.I can't believe the employees who sent her that thought they wouldn't get caught though.Cheers1

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/23/05 at 7:18 pm

Yes. Especially when it's an abusive husband using that word and using it on you! My ex loved to use that word with me.

Written By: Lara Spencer on 08/24/05 at 12:04 pm

Heck, if it were THAT easy, I'd be getting free electricity, phone (land & cellular) and cable because they've ALL screwed up on my bill and they've ALL called me a "B".

If they ALL called you that, maybe the problem is not them.  :-\\

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/24/05 at 12:23 pm

I think a lot of people in the service industry,not only customer-service reps, need to learn courtesy as well as politeness, no matter how the customer treats them no one should be rude...because what comes around, goes around.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/25/05 at 10:27 am

Just saw on the news that some guy received a credit card offer addressed to "Mr. Palestinian Bomber" and when he called to complain, the CS reps kept asking "What can we do for you Mr. Bomber?"

;D ;D

Written By: Lara Spencer on 08/25/05 at 11:00 am

Hey, if they could get my bill & service right, I'd have no reason to call them to complain.  The electric company tried to overbill me by $350 when we had to have our line to the house rerouted, the phone company billed me for all my long distance calls when they also charged me for "nationwide long distance" (and then tried to refuse to reverse the charges for the calls) and I had to call the cable company at least once a week for about 3 months because my cable kept going out (when they FINALLY came out to fix it, they found that THEIR technician tried to run ALL of my cable jacks off of 1 line - including my cable modem jack, which needs it's own feed).  The cellular company (which was fine until they "merged") also keeps billing us for data transfers as well as the $39.99 charge for unlimited data usage. ::)

Just saw on the news that some guy received a credit card offer addressed to "Mr. Palestinian Bomber" and when he called to complain, the CS reps kept asking "What can we do for you Mr. Bomber?"

I'm not surprised you had problems with all your companies -- there's not a lot of good reps out there.  I guess I was just needling you because you exaggerated a bit (I think) and said all the companies ended up calling you a B!  Sorry about that!  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...