inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fats Domino among missing in New Orleans

Written By: danootaandme on 09/01/05 at 5:11 pm

Fats Domino decided to stick it out in the hurricane and hasn't been sighted.  Allen Toussaint is reportedly in the Superdome crowd

Subject: Re: Fats Domino among missing in New Orleans

Written By: Paul on 09/01/05 at 5:22 pm

Fats Domino decided to stick it out in the hurricane and hasn't been sighted.  Allen Toussaint is reportedly in the Superdome crowd

That would be a tragic loss, not to mention a waste, if the worst were to happen...

MOD: I just scratched around for a few reports and one unconfirmed story says that he had made it to the Superdome...hope so...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/01/05 at 5:26 pm

Say it ain't so!
:o

Written By: Post Tween on 09/01/05 at 5:59 pm

Who's Fats Domino?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/01/05 at 6:05 pm

Who's Fats Domino?

Oh, you gotta be kidding!  "Blueberry Hill," "Ain't That A Shame",, I'm sure you've heard thse songs somewhere!
http://www.history-of-rock.com/domino.htm

Here's the lowdown on FD MIA
http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,17283,00.html?tnews

Written By: danootaandme on 09/01/05 at 6:47 pm

That would be a tragic loss, not to mention a waste, if the worst were to happen...

MOD: I just scratched around for a few reports and one unconfirmed story says that he had made it to the Superdome...hope so...

Fats is in his 70's.  Being at the Superdome won't be a picnic for him.  It's a would be a wonder if he was.  Someone should have spotted him and taken him in by now.

Written By: Dagwood on 09/01/05 at 8:34 pm

Who's Allen Toussaint?

I hope they find Fats Domino. 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/01/05 at 9:47 pm

I just read a report that he was rescued!! :)

Erin :)

Written By: Dagwood on 09/01/05 at 11:39 pm

Thank God.  Now, if they could only rescue the rest of the survivors.

Written By: Paul on 09/02/05 at 2:51 am

Who's Allen Toussaint?

Toussaint was one of the leading movers in the development of the 'New Orleans Sound' during the 50s/60s...

But if you fancy something a bit more 'in depth'...

I'm still witnessing the awful aftermath in New Orleans & Biloxi...it's heartbreaking, to say the least...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/02/05 at 12:52 pm

Hopefully Fats is ok-then he can redo one of his songs "I'm swimming to New Orleans" (Sorry, bad joke, I know-couldn't resist  :-[ )

Cat

Written By: Billy Florio on 09/02/05 at 6:31 pm

Hopefully Fats is ok-then he can redo one of his songs "I'm swimming to New Orleans" (Sorry, bad joke, I know-couldn't resist  :-[ )

Cat

Ill make a worse joke so you wont look so bad lol:

Im sure he wont be singing anything by Katrina and the Waves.

see, that was worse lol  ;)

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 09/02/05 at 6:32 pm

I heard that they rescued Fats Domino, but his wife was still missing.   :(

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 09/02/05 at 8:02 pm

Am I the only person who remembers Fats Domino dying back in 1985/86? :-* Very strange. I remember it being told on the news, and they even played his music on the radio as a tribute. Now he's back from the dead. Is he the antchrist? :D

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/02/05 at 8:15 pm

The guys at work were also surprised that Domino wasn't dead long ago. I guess legends do never die. ;D
Am I the only person who remembers Fats Domino dying back in 1985/86? :-* Very strange. I remember it being told on the news, and they even played his music on the radio as a tribute. Now he's back from the dead. Is he the antchrist? :D

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 09/03/05 at 11:52 am

Apparently Fats Domino and his family are safe and sound in Baton Rouge. Although I'm sure he's quite traumatized by the events of the past week, how cool would it be if he got up on stage and played at one or more of the benefit concerts that will be held within the next few weeks? That would be a such tremendous morale booster for the storm victims and would be especially uplifting for the people of New Orleans.

Check for new replies or respond here...