inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Catscratch

Written By: fosterfan101 on 09/04/05 at 2:19 am

I watch "Catscratch" a lot on TV! It's on Nickelodeon! Myt favorite charecter is Waffle! I'm sorta like him!  :D Loco fosterfan!  ::)

Subject: Re: Catscratch

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/19/16 at 8:33 pm

I watch "Catscratch" a lot on TV! It's on Nickelodeon! Myt favorite charecter is Waffle! I'm sorta like him!  :D Loco fosterfan!  ::)

This thread could've worked if it was in the 2010s, where some people can feel nostalgic over Catscratch.

P.S. Sorry for bumping a 10 year old thread.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 02/19/16 at 8:57 pm

When I first saw Catscratch as a 10 year old, I though it was ok.... Now looking back in my 20s; it's kind of a mediocre nicktoon from the Teen Nick era.

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 02/19/16 at 9:03 pm

When I first saw Catscratch as a 10 year old, I though it was ok.... Now looking back in my 20s; it's kind of a mediocre nicktoon from the Teen Nick era.

Yeah for me personally it was the last decent Nicktoon. It seems like every Nicktoon made after that were either mediocore or just straight horrible (Breadwinnders and Fanboy & Chum Chum, I'm looking at you 8-P )

Written By: Zelek2 on 02/19/16 at 9:04 pm

Ever since Cyma Zarghami took over Nick in early 2006, it seems there have been no good shows produced.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 02/19/16 at 9:13 pm

Ever since Cyma Zarghami took over Nick in early 2006, it seems there have been no good shows produced.

That's when the quality of nicktoons died COMPLETELY!

Written By: mqg96 on 02/19/16 at 9:15 pm

Catscratch was a really good show! It was one of the only nicktoons from the 2nd half of the 2000's that felt like it would have fit well with the earlier 2000's ones. It had a great set of characters that reminded me of CatDog or Angry Beavers. Unfortunately, the show only lasted one season because...... I'm not going to even get into detail about it. We all know how worse Nickelodeon got later on. Another underrated nicktoon I thought should have lasted much longer was El Tigre, even though I was already grown out of most kid shows by the time it premiered. I saw a few episodes on Nicktoons Network when I got bored one day and I was impressed. It felt like the Mucha Lucha of Nickelodeon to an extent. 

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 02/19/16 at 9:15 pm

That's when the quality of nicktoons died COMPLETELY!

Yeah I pretty much agree with both of you!

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 02/19/16 at 9:21 pm

Yeah I pretty much agree with both of you!

At least Danny Phantom and Avatar were great nicktoons, those were the nicktoons I think of when talking about the ''teen nick'' years.
Zargham's regime, it became officially a second tier Disney Channel. Then they abandoned their identity completely when the logo changed.

Written By: mqg96 on 02/19/16 at 9:23 pm

.....Don't EVER compare, firggin Catscratch to an epic show like Mucha Lucha! ;D  XD

I didn't compare Catscratch to Mucha Lucha. I compared El Tigre to Mucha Lucha, while I compared Catscratch characters to Angry Beavers or CatDog, animal wise.

Written By: mqg96 on 02/19/16 at 9:24 pm

yeah, and Catscratch came out in Summer 2005, so it wasn't from that era. I've always said that there is a huge attitude change with cartoons that debuted during the 1st half of 2005 compared to the 2nd half of 2005.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 02/19/16 at 9:29 pm

I didn't compare Catscratch to Mucha Lucha. I compared El Tigre to Mucha Lucha, while I compared Catscratch characters to Angry Beavers or CatDog, animal wise.

Oops, I misread the original post, my bad bro! ;) ;D  XD

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/19/16 at 9:34 pm

Well, there were a few cartoons that were awesome in the post-2006 era like Making Fiends, the Mighty B, and iCarly. Nick started to feel like sh*t when they changed their logo, IMO.

Written By: Toon on 02/19/16 at 9:41 pm

Catscrath was one of the last decent Nickelodeon shows to me. When it comes to Nickelodeon the last good shows for me were Catscratch, Danny Phantom, and Avatar Last Airbender. So to me the last good years of Nick was between 2004-2005.

Catscratch was a really good show! It was one of the only nicktoons from the 2nd half of the 2000's that felt like it would have fit well with the earlier 2000's ones. It had a great set of characters that reminded me of CatDog or Angry Beavers.

The reason why it probably gives you that old feeling is because of the fact that the guy who made Catscratch is also the same guy who made the Earthworm Jim cartoon back in 1995. So I can see how Catscratch can have the 1990s or early 2000s feel that CatDog and Angry Beavers have.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 02/19/16 at 9:49 pm

yeah, and Catscratch came out in Summer 2005, so it wasn't from that era. I've always said that there is a huge attitude change with cartoons that debuted during the 1st half of 2005 compared to the 2nd half of 2005.

Yes!!! :o  First half of 2005(2004-05 school year) was the last time to have that Gen Y kid show influences, then the second half of 2005(2005-06 school year) was when the Gen Z kid show influences started.
Another example of how the mid 2000s were sooo inconsistent.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/19/16 at 9:50 pm

Catscrath was one of the last decent Nickelodeon shows to me. When it comes to Nickelodeon the last good shows for me were Catscratch, Danny Phantom, and Avatar Last Airbender. So to me the last good years of Nick was between 2004-2005.

All three of those shows ended during 2007-early 2008.

Written By: Toon on 02/19/16 at 9:51 pm

Yes!!! :o  First half of 2005(2004-05 school year) was the last time to have that Gen Y kid show influences, then the second half of 2005(2005-06 school year) was when the Gen Z kid show influences started.
Another example of how the mid 2000s were sooo inconsistent.

The 2000s as a whole can be the textbook definition of inconsistent.

Written By: Toon on 02/19/16 at 9:53 pm

All three of those shows ended during 2007-early 2008.

I was mostly referring to the year of original show releases. If we're talking about running time as well then Nick didn't go downhill until sometime in the late '00s. But if we're just talking about the dates of when new shows released then things went downhill to me around the end of 2005 or 2006.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/19/16 at 10:14 pm

I was mostly referring to the year of original show releases. If we're talking about running time as well then Nick didn't go downhill until sometime in the late '00s. But if we're just talking about the dates of when new shows released then things went downhill to me around the end of 2005 or 2006.

Well, okay then. I've find the late 2000s to be the last era for Nickelodeon, before it died off pretty bad in 2009.

Check for new replies or respond here...