inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Guns N Roses Album Poll

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 09/07/05 at 4:51 pm

When do you think the Guns N Roses album Chinese Democracy will be released?

Subject: Re: Guns N Roses Album Poll

Written By: Kenlos on 09/07/05 at 6:51 pm

I am curious how many people actually plan on buying it, since most of the orginal members are now in Velvet Revolver.

Written By: joedeertae on 09/07/05 at 8:47 pm

My guess is NEVER. Although I no longer care and IF it were to be released I would NOT buy it.

Written By: Mushroom on 09/07/05 at 9:13 pm

With the lawsuits by Slash and Duff, odds are there will never be another GNFR CD.

I doubt that any record label will allow it to be named GNFR, because of the threat of lawsuit and being forced to split royalties.

And looking at the recent Doors lawsuit, I would say it is likely that Axel would loose.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/07/05 at 9:39 pm

When chickens are given the right to vote.....  ::)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/07/05 at 11:14 pm

I don't care. Rose is a girl beating jerk :P

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 09/08/05 at 5:34 pm

It will be interesting to see how many albums it sells when/if it comes out.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/08/05 at 6:19 pm

I don't care. Rose is a girl beating jerk :P

;D

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 09/09/05 at 10:23 pm

I wonder if there would be more interest if the new songs from the album were more widely known? During the 2002 tour he played Chinese Democracy, The Blues, Madagascar, Riyadh and the Bedouins, and Silkworms. A demo of the song IRS leaked on the net earlier this year. I think The Blues is going to be a classic. Possibly the best song of this decade.

Written By: Dagwood on 09/09/05 at 10:54 pm

I don't care.  I never did like Guns and Roses.  Axl bugs me.  He always has and probably always will.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 09/10/05 at 12:14 am

I don't care. Their time has been too far over.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/10/05 at 9:30 am

I wonder if there would be more interest if the new songs from the album were more widely known? During the 2002 tour he played Chinese Democracy, The Blues, Madagascar, Riyadh and the Bedouins, and Silkworms. A demo of the song IRS leaked on the net earlier this year. I think The Blues is going to be a classic. Possibly the best song of this decade.

If the album ever gets released this century....  ::)

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 09/12/05 at 5:57 am

Have you heard any of the new songs I just mentioned?

Written By: Hairspray on 09/12/05 at 11:33 pm

I liked the heck outta the band once upon a time.  When the original members are no longer together, IMO, the band is no more.

Guns N' Roses is remembered well by most accounts.  To dig-up the name of that band, as it was, from its resting place in its successful past and attempt to use it on a different band and for the sake of sparking recognition and manipulating fans with a false perception of its nostalgia is just wrong.  It's like desecrating what once was.

None of them should use the name again.  Slash and Duff had the right idea when they started new.  Axl should do the same.

As far as the vote, I voted I don't care.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/13/05 at 10:29 am

Buckethead has apparently left the band, (gotta love the name "Buckethead'....  ;D), between this and the appending lawsuit between Slash and Duff and Axl, the album will probally never get released.

Apparently, Offspring where going to release an album called "Chinese Democracy", Axl wasn't too thrilled with the idea!  ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/13/05 at 1:44 pm

I liked the heck outta the band once upon a time.  When the original members are no longer together, IMO, the band is no more.

Guns N' Roses is remembered well by most accounts.  To dig-up the name of that band, as it was, from its resting place in its successful past and attempt to use it on a different band and for the sake of sparking recognition and manipulating fans with a false perception of its nostalgia is just wrong.  It's like desecrating what once was.

None of them should use the name again.  Slash and Duff had the right idea when they started new.  Axl should do the same.

As far as the vote, I voted I don't care.
Hi Hairspray!  Gotta agree with you all the way on this. Of course I'm still enjoying John Densmore (Former Doors drummer) winning a judgement against the other 2 remaining Doors that says they have to pay him part of the money they made by using The Doors (21st Century) as thier name. The Doors died with Morrison just like Guns 'N' Roses died years ago ;)
I actually also used to love the band but Axl has been such a jerk in his private and professional life, that I hope he gives up on this and goes to something else.

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 09/16/05 at 5:18 am

I cant believe that such a small amount of people have voted. >:(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/16/05 at 8:39 pm

I cant believe that such a small amount of people have voted. >:(
Hey, I voted...but I also can't stand Axl for his beating women and HUGE ego. IMHO he was never and never will be that great :-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...