inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Michael Jackson to Record Hurricane Relief Song

Written By: Gulf2Gulf on 09/08/05 at 7:24 am

Michael Jackson to Record Hurricane Relief Song

Created: Tuesday, 06 September 2005

Michael Jackson to Record Hurricane Relief Song Fundraising Project titled:
“From the Gulf to the Gulf”

Within 24 hours, Mr. Jackson will be reaching out to other recording superstars asking that they join him in this project to aid victims of Hurricane Katrina

Washington, D.C. ……. In response to the widespread devastation wrought by Hurricane Katrina, Recording Superstar Michael Jackson has been moved to pen a song, with the working title, “From the Bottom of My Heart.”

Hoping to rekindle the success of “We Are the World,” which he wrote and produced, and which raised millions of dollars for aid to Africa, Mr. Jackson will be enlisting, within the next 24 hours, the involvement of other recording superstars to join him in this project. It is his intention to record this record within the next two weeks.

“It pains me to watch the human suffering taking place in the Gulf Region of my country,” says Mr. Jackson. “My heart and prayers go out to every individual who has had to endure the pain and suffering caused by this tragedy. I will be reaching out to others within the music industry, to join me in helping to bring relief and hope to these resilient people who have lost everything.”

The song will be recorded on 2 Seas Records, a label owned by Prince Abdulla Hamad Alkhalifa of Bahrain. All proceeds from the sale will be donated to the victims of Hurricane Katrina.

Further details will follow.

Source: www.mjjsource.com

Subject: Re: Michael Jackson to Record Hurricane Relief Song

Written By: Gulf2Gulf on 09/08/05 at 5:17 pm

Babyface has confirmed he will be on the record.

Check for new replies or respond here...