inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cover Songs You CANNOT Stand...

Written By: Criz on 09/08/05 at 1:39 pm

If your like me and feel like you have to throw something at the TV/Radio whenever you hear a cover version of a favourite song of yours, then this thread is for you :) ...

- Atomic Kittens version of 'Eternal Flame' (Original by The Bangles) - When I first saw the video, I was compelled to not just change channels, but to switch the TV off

- Jessica Simpson - Take My breath Away ( Originally by Berlin) - Why ruin an amazing song? Why?

I'll add more later!!

Subject: Re: Cover Songs You CANNOT Stand...

Written By: nally on 09/08/05 at 1:43 pm

I can totally relate, Criz.

The "Eternal Flame" cover I have not heard, but "Take My Breath Away"...I am totally with you on that.

Here's a few of my rants:
• DJ Sammy/Yanou/Do, "Heaven" (originally by Bryan Adams). Everytime I hear it it makes me wanna PUKE! :P They turned a nice, gentle-mood song into a sucky dance mix.
• No Doubt, "It's My Life" (originally by Talk Talk). Why ruin a great 80's song?
• 311, "Love song" (originally by The Cure). They changed the drum beat and the mood of it. Not necessary.

Written By: Harmonica on 09/08/05 at 2:13 pm

Sheryl Crowe's "Sweet Child of Mine"  Now don't get me wrong, I love Sheryl Crowe, but Sweet Child of Mine has to be done a certain way to hold true to Guns N Roses and Crowe did not do that.

Brittany Spear's, "I love Rock N Roll"  If I were Joan Jett I'd shoot Spears!

Brandy's, "Everything I do, I do it for you"  Bryan Adams made this song out of true love and such truth in singing.  Brandy's version is more about a gang bang sorta deal where the guys just after the girl for her body and they "THINK" they love eachother.

Written By: FaultyDog on 09/08/05 at 2:24 pm

• DJ Sammy/Yanou/Do, "Heaven" (originally by Bryan Adams). Everytime I hear it it makes me wanna PUKE! :P They turned a nice, gentle-mood song into a sucky dance mix.

For your information: Do has rerecorded the same song in the  "Bryan Adams"- way, thus proving that she can really sing. ;)
The latter version also did very well in Dutch charts. :)

Written By: nally on 09/08/05 at 2:25 pm

For your information: Do has rerecorded the same song in the  "Bryan Adams"- way, thus proving that she can really sing. ;)
The latter version also did very well in Dutch charts. :)

I know, I just think it sounds awful.

Written By: Criz on 09/08/05 at 2:32 pm

The "Eternal Flame" cover I have not heard, but "Take My Breath Away"...I am totally with you on that.

• No Doubt, "It's My Life" (originally by Talk Talk). Why ruin a great 80's song?

Hehe, I knew I'd have someone on board quickly ;)

I gotta say though, I though No Doubt did a pretty good job covering Talk Talk - although the original is still amazing.

There are a couple of songs that I like both the originals and covers, I like MJ''s and Alien Ant Farms version of 'Smooth Criminal' and both Cyndi Lauper and Eva Cassidys version of 'Time After Time - I might even go further to say I prefer Eva's song :/

Anyway - this is a 'worst' cover songs thread, so I'll stop going on about ones I like!!

Others I hate:

- Madonna salughtering 'American Pie'

- Anything Gareth Gates touched after Pop Idol was so so unbelievably awful (\/ \/ \/ and Spirit in the Sky and Suspicious Minds...)

- Anyone who has re-done Unchained Melody - Yes that's you again Gaz, and Robson and Jerome, I mean you too.

More to come later I'm sure...

Written By: danootaandme on 09/08/05 at 2:35 pm

"When A Man Loves A Woman" and any other song by Michael Bolton

Written By: danootaandme on 09/08/05 at 2:37 pm

and...I absolutely hate what Nazareth did with "Love Hurts"  and absolutely love it by Roy Orbison and
Dave Mason

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/08/05 at 2:39 pm

I love the Nazareth redo. I like the Orbison version too, but I've never heard the Mason cover.
And I still despise Shinedown's cover of Skynyrd's "Simple Man". 

and...I absolutely hate what Nazareth did with "Love Hurts"  and absolutely love it by Roy Orbison and
Dave Mason

Written By: woops on 09/08/05 at 2:56 pm

Aly & AJ "Walking On Sunshine"...even more cheesier than the original  :P

Written By: nally on 09/08/05 at 3:12 pm

Not too long ago I heard a newer version of the Cars' "Drive"...not sure who sings it, though. :-\\ But it did sound awful, imho.

Written By: woops on 09/08/05 at 3:28 pm

Madonna "American Pie"
Sheryl Crow "Sweet Child O' Mone"
Christina Ackulera, Pink, Mya, & Lil' Kim "Lady Marmalade"
Mariah Carey "Bringing On The Heartbeat"
Winger "Purple Haze"
Tiffany "I Saw Him Standing There"
Marilyn Manson "Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)"
Whitney Houston  "I Will Always Love You"... though the original also suck
Limp Bizkit "Faith"
Britney Spears "I Love Rock N' Roll"

And anything butchered on "American Idol"

Written By: NullandVoid on 09/08/05 at 3:46 pm

Not that there are many songs by her that I like, but Britney's version of "My Perogative" (originally by Bobby Brown) was pretty lame, IMO.

It wasn't lame, it was unforgivably lame >:(

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/08/05 at 6:22 pm

Madonna "American Pie"

The original song got slaughtered, packaged, and then sold off...  ::)

Written By: Electric Youth on 09/08/05 at 7:33 pm

There's now a butchered version of Extreme's "More Than Words", which is a classic from 1991.

Written By: whistledog on 09/08/05 at 7:35 pm

Personal Jesus - Marilyn Manson
Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) - Marilyn Manson

I'm obviously a big marilyn manson fan  ;D

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/08/05 at 7:40 pm

I second that, along with Club Nouveau's "Lean on Me" and The Fugees "Killing Me Softly..."
Madonna "American Pie"

The original song got slaughtered, packaged, and then sold off...  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/08/05 at 10:35 pm

There's now a butchered version of Extreme's "More Than Words", which is a classic from 1991.

As if the original wasn't nauseating enough!

They've been using Johnny Cash's cover of "A Bridge Over Troubled Waters" in some or other relief PSA.  I'm a big Cash fan, but his voice is all wrong for that song.  It was written for a soaring voice, like Art Garfunkel's.  Cash's voice is deep, dark, and gutteral.  That's what makes it so great on those classic "man in black" songs.
I mean, what if Art Garfunkel applied his velvet tones to "Ring of Fire" or "Fulsom Prison Blues"?
;D

Written By: karen on 09/09/05 at 10:54 am

Brittany Spear's, "I love Rock N Roll"   If I were Joan Jett I'd shoot Spears!

Has any one else here read philbo's parody of it?

I hate Britney Spears

Written By: FaultyDog on 09/09/05 at 1:36 pm

Personal Jesus - Marilyn Manson

I'm a Depeche Mode fan myself, but I think MM did a reasonable job. It's not like it's completely butchered.
(This doesn't make me a MM fan, however... :P)

Written By: nally on 09/09/05 at 1:47 pm

I'm a Depeche Mode fan myself, but I think MM did a reasonable job. It's not like it's completely butchered.

Never heard his cover, but I have heard the "Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)" cover...a long time ago. ::) :P

Written By: Criz on 09/10/05 at 8:32 am

Those Marylin Mason covers that were previously mentioned are just awful!!

Written By: thebutcheress on 09/10/05 at 11:33 am

Sheryl Crowe's "Sweet Child of Mine"  Now don't get me wrong, I love Sheryl Crowe, but Sweet Child of Mine has to be done a certain way to hold true to Guns N Roses and Crowe did not do that.

Brandy's, "Everything I do, I do it for you"  Bryan Adams made this song out of true love and such truth in singing.  Brandy's version is more about a gang bang sorta deal where the guys just after the girl for her body and they "THINK" they love eachother.

I agree. I also add Britney Spears "Can't get no satisfaction"... that was just ugly.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 09/10/05 at 1:13 pm

The absolute worst cover song ever made, bar none, is Limp Bizkit's version of the Who's "Behind Blue Eyes."  Not only does Fred Durst have the audacity to add his own lame, self-pitying "woe is me" verse to the song, but then he cuts out the uptempo, rocking out bridge of the Who's original and replaces it with his synthesized voice repeating, "A...E...I...O...U..." over and over again. Fred Durst is perhaps the biggest douchebag in the history of rock and roll, and how Limp Bizkit ever became popular in the first place is a complete mystery to me.
    It's so unfair. Anytime a musician comes along with real talent and originality, their lives are almost inevitably cut short either due to self-destructive behavior or because of some tragic freak accident. Meanwhile I can guarantee you all that Fred Durst will live to a ripe old age and will continue to put out music just to irritate us all for many decades to come.

Written By: Schillingfan on 09/10/05 at 3:33 pm

• 311, "Love song" (originally by The Cure). They changed the drum beat and the mood of it. Not necessary.

I HATE that 311 version of that song by The Cure! The Cure's version was written by Robert Smith as a wedding present to his wife Mary (they've been married for 17 years now) and it was so beautiful! Why was it damaged by 311? Why?

Written By: nally on 09/10/05 at 4:16 pm

I HATE that 311 version of that song by The Cure! The Cure's version was written by Robert Smith as a wedding present to his wife Mary (they've been married for 17 years now) and it was so beautiful! Why was it damaged by 311? Why?

All the more reason NOT to wreck it. >:(

Written By: whistledog on 09/10/05 at 4:45 pm

Bizarre Love Triangle by Frente!  >:(

Written By: nally on 09/10/05 at 4:47 pm

Bizarre Love Triangle by Frente!  >:(

Never heard that one, but I have heard a cover of another New Order song, "Blue Monday", by Orgy, which I also don't care for. ::)

Written By: whistledog on 09/10/05 at 5:15 pm

Never heard that one, but I have heard a cover of another New Order song, "Blue Monday", by Orgy, which I also don't care for. ::)

I didn't like the Orgy one either.  They ruined a New Order classic.  The Frente! one was an acoustic mellow version  ::)

Written By: nally on 09/10/05 at 5:17 pm

I didn't like the Orgy one either.  They ruined a New Order classic.  The Frente! one was an acoustic mellow version  ::)

Well, Frente is a band that I've never heard of.

Written By: Miss Tainted on 09/11/05 at 4:10 am

I love the Nazareth redo. I like the Orbison version too, but I've never heard the Mason cover.
And I still despise Shinedown's cover of Skynyrd's "Simple Man". 

I thought Shinedown did a great job with that cover. Yays for Shinedown.  :)

Written By: tv on 09/18/05 at 1:22 am

I have seen some of the lists of covers on this thread and I agree "More Than Words" was not done right as a cover song. Frankie J. who has hits in the 00's like "Obsession Es Amor", Don't Wanna Try" and "How To Deal" covered "More Than Words". I just didn't like his take on the song. He like Sheryl Crow who covered GNR's "Sweet Child O' Mine" should just both stick to singing orginal songs and not cover songs. I am a big Frankie J. fan too so it hurts me to say that he should just stick to non-cover songs. I also think that cover of Bryan Adams "Heavan" was not done right either. I don't care for D.H.T.'s cover of "Listen To Your Heart" by Roxettte. "Listen To Your Heart" was a song I heard as a kid but the new version does nothing for me.

I don't like Limp Bizkit but their cover of George Michael's "Faith" was brillant I thought. I also thought Orgy's take on New Order's "Blue Monday" was alright and I like New Order too.

I am a big Depeche Mode Fan and Manson's cover of "Personal Jesus" was pretty cool.

Written By: tv on 09/18/05 at 1:29 am

If your like me and feel like you have to throw something at the TV/Radio whenever you hear a cover version of a favourite song of yours, then this thread is for you :) ...

- Jessica Simpson - Take My breath Away ( Originally by Berlin) - Why ruin an amazing song? Why?

I'll add more later!!
I haven't heard the whole cover version of "Take My Breath My Away" but I have heard some of it and it wasn't done right. I am not a big fan of the original either.

Written By: cables on 09/18/05 at 5:19 am

The absolute worst cover song ever made, bar none, is Limp Bizkit's version of the Who's "Behind Blue Eyes."

Written By: Criz on 09/18/05 at 7:01 am

Especially Robbie Williams when he changes some of the words and claims that he ... I'll stop right there for fear of a lawsuit for defamation of character.

As long as you say it's in your opinion, they cant sue you for libel ;) On my radio show at uni, I slag off loads of artists, and then wack on, 'but that's just what I think' - and your fine :P.

But yeh, I hate Robbie Williams music. The only song I like of his was 'No Regrets', but that's probably beacuse of the Neil Tennant, Paul Wellar input!! :)

Written By: nally on 09/18/05 at 1:18 pm

I haven't heard the whole cover version of "Take My Breath My Away" but I have heard some of it and it wasn't done right. I am not a big fan of the original either.

I actually like the original, but HATE Jessica's cover. I can't listen to even ten seconds of it. Heck, I can't even listen to five seconds of DJ Sammy's mess-up of "Heaven." :P It's so awful!!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/18/05 at 11:33 pm

The version of PJ you gotta hear is by the late Johnny Cash!  It's awesome!
There was a blasphemous rumor George Michael was going to cover "A Question of Lust" about 15 years ago.  THANK GOD it never materialized!

I love the original, but I hate all covers of the Rolling Stones "Paint It Black."

The Human League's version of James Brown's "Rock Me Again and Again and Again And Again And Again and Again (Six Times)

Written By: nally on 09/18/05 at 11:44 pm

The version of PJ (Personal Jesus) you gotta hear is by the late Johnny Cash!  It's awesome!

I've never heard his rendition...when did he do it? ???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/19/05 at 1:18 am

I've never heard his rendition...when did he do it? ???

Let's see PJ was on "The Man Comes Around," which was released in 2003.  Cash did tons of covers, most of them as good or better than the originals. For instance, I like his covers of U2's "One" and Nine Inch Nails' "Hurt" better than the originals.  Just not S&G "Bridge Over Troubled Waters," which I said before just didn't work of his voice.

Bad '70s bubblegum covers:

Shaun Cassidy: Da Doo Ron Ron (original artist: The Crystals)
Leif Garrett: Run Around Sue (original artist: Dion & The Belmonts)
Samantha Sang: Emotion (original artist: The Bee Gees)
Yvonne Elliman: If I Can't Have You (original artist: The Bee Gees)
The Beatles & Peter Frampton: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band/With A Little Help From My Friends (original artist: The Beatles)*
Peter Frampton: Long and Winding Road (The Beatles)*
*just make it the entire Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band motion picture soundtrack

Written By: nally on 09/19/05 at 9:59 pm

Let's see PJ was on "The Man Comes Around," which was released in 2003.  Cash did tons of covers, most of them as good or better than the originals. For instance, I like his covers of U2's "One" and Nine Inch Nails' "Hurt" better than the originals.  Just not S&G "Bridge Over Troubled Waters," which I said before just didn't work of his voice.

So he must've done it shortly before he checked out then... I don't know a whole lot of his stuff though. :-\\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/20/05 at 7:03 pm

American Pie - Madonna
The entire Sgt. Peppers 1977 soundtrack :P
Stairway To Heaven - Dolly Parton :o
You Shook Me All Night Long - Celine Dion

Written By: Tanya1976 on 09/20/05 at 7:10 pm

I second that, along with Club Nouveau's "Lean on Me" and The Fugees "Killing Me Softly..."

Hey, I actually liked those!

But, I agree to what's been posted!

Written By: YWN on 09/20/05 at 7:14 pm

No.

Seriously, Britney Spears does not mix with rock and roll.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/20/05 at 8:02 pm

Brittany Spear's, "I love Rock N Roll"  If I were Joan Jett I'd shoot Spears!

I agree. Did you know that Brittany was once asked Why she wanted to do that particular song and her reply was "Because I just love Pat Benatar" ::)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/20/05 at 8:09 pm

Totally awful (in my opinion)

Endless Love ~ Mariah Carey, Luther Vandross (original done by Diana Ross and Lionel Richie)

Total Eclipse of the heart by Nicki French (original done by Bonnie Tyler)

A couple remakes that were ok (tolerable):
Drift away by Uncle Kracker (original done by Dobie Gray)

Just the two of us by Will Smith (original done by Bill Withers or Grover Washington Jr. (Don't know who did it first)

Everytime you go away by Paul Young (done by Hall and Oates)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/20/05 at 8:50 pm

American Pie - Madonna
The entire Sgt. Peppers 1977 soundtrack :P
Stairway To Heaven - Dolly Parton :o
You Shook Me All Night Long - Celine Dion

Horrors on all counts!
You should hear Tiny Tim's version of "Stairway To Heaven" with Brave Combo.  It's awesome!

More people who shouldn't have done the songs they did:
Duran Duran: 911 Is A Joke (original artist: Public Enemy)
David Bowie & Bing Crosby: The Little Drummer Boy (xmas carol)
Kevin Rowland (of Dexy's Midnight Runners): The Greatest Love of All (original artist: Whitney Houston)
Michael Hedges: Come Together (o.a: The Beatles)
Fiona Apple: Across the Universe (o.a: The Beatles) (The Laibach version is great, though)
Laibach: In The Year 1995 (o.a: Zager & Evans, "In the Year 2525") (Laibach changed the song to reflect Yugoslavian war)
No Doubt: It's My Life (o.a: Talk Talk)
Puff Daddy-P.Diddy-Diddy: Every Breath You Take (o.a: The Police)
U2: Helter Skelter (o.a: The Beatles)
David Bowie & Mick Jagger: Dancing In The Streets (o.a: can't remember, don't care)
Limp Bizkit: Behind BLue Eyes (o.a: The Who)
Black 47: Sam Hall (traditional)*
The Cure: Hello I Love You (o.a: The Doors)
Dinosaur, Jr: Just Like Heaven (o.a: The Cure)
Whatever that goth band was with the female singer who covered RS "Paint It Black" and changed
"Like a newborn baby, it just happens every day" to "Like a STILL-born baby, it just happens every day,"
showing once again that some goths have only a comic book sense of the macabre and cannot understand juxtaposition,
irony, or subtlety of any kind
*Sam Hall was kind of 19th century gangsta rap about a chimney sweep who murders a guy ("I killed a man they said...yes, I bashed 'is bleedin' head with a great big lump of lead, and left 'im lying dead...d@mn his eyes") and goes to the gallows hateful to the end (Me name it is Sam Hall, and I hate youse one and all, D#MN YOUR EYES!).  It's fine with me for an artist to change lyrics in a folk song, but not the message.  Black 47 made "Sam Hall" about a guy who kills his oppressive landlord, and makes himself a martyr for justice.  If Sam Hall is no longer a thug and a nihilist, he's not Sam Hall anymore.  For the best version ever recorded of "Sam Hall" seek out Frank Tovey's Tyranny and the Hired Hand album

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/20/05 at 9:06 pm

Horrors on all counts!
You should hear Tiny Tim's version of "Stairway To Heaven" with Brave Combo.  It's awesome!

;D Indeed!

Thanks, I'll try and give it a listen sometime ;)

Written By: YWN on 09/20/05 at 9:09 pm

Dolly Parton did "Stairway to Heaven"!?  :o >:(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/20/05 at 9:11 pm

Dolly Parton did "Stairway to Heaven"!?  :o >:(
Yep...I tried to turn it off FAST...like I do for ALL Pariah Carey songs, but it did some damage :D :P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/20/05 at 9:43 pm

Yep...I tried to turn it off FAST...like I do for ALL Pariah Carey songs, but it did some damage :D :P

At least Dolly didn't do "Misty Mountain Hop," I can hear her now in a hoedown-style singing "Baby, baby, baby, baby, do ya like it?"
:P

Billy Idol: Mony Mony (original artist: Tommy James & The Shondelles)
Because it's Billy frickin' Idol, 'nuff said!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/20/05 at 10:08 pm

At least Dolly didn't do "Misty Mountain Hop," I can hear her now in a hoedown-style singing "Baby, baby, baby, baby, do ya like it?"
:P

Billy Idol: Mony Mony (original artist: Tommy James & The Shondelles)
Because it's Billy frickin' Idol, 'nuff said!
;DThanks for that, Max. BTW, did you know that "Get Smart" premiered along with "I Dream Of Jeannie" on this very day in 1965 ;)

Oh, and as for Idol's version....yuk :P

Written By: nally on 09/20/05 at 10:17 pm

Drift away by Uncle Kracker (original done by Dobie Gray)

I wouldn't exactly call that a cover, since Dobie Gray actually does sing a little bit on there. Kracker doesn't sing it by himself. I think it's more of a revival than a cover. Just like RunDMC's "Walk This Way" (originally by Aerosmith; Steven Tyler and Joe Perry do provide backing vocals and guitar, respectively, on the RunDMC version).

Anyway, here's another cover that should have never been done: Ace Of Base's rendition of "Cruel Summer" (originally by Bananarama). Now I like Ace of Base and their music, but they did NOT have to ruin a good 80's song in order to have a hit. ::)

Written By: whistledog on 09/20/05 at 10:20 pm

here's a crappy one from 1986:  Far Corporation - Stairway to Heaven.

Far Corporation was a production of Frank Farian, the man behind Boney M and Milli Vanilli.  Their cover of Stairway to Heaven wasn't bad, but you can't mess with Zepplin

Written By: woops on 09/21/05 at 1:06 am

Any good song butchered from a teen pop act

Like "I Love Rock & Roll" from BS, "Take My Breath Away" from Jessica Simson, "Our Lips Are Sealed" the Duff sisters, "Do You Believe In Magic" Aly & AJ, etc.  :P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/21/05 at 2:21 am

;DThanks for that, Max. BTW, did you know that "Get Smart" premiered along with "I Dream Of Jeannie" on this very day in 1965 ;)

Oh, and as for Idol's version....yuk :P

Thanks for that bit of trivia.  Did you know they couldn't show Don Adams' navel either?

Bookmistress wrote:
Endless Love ~ Mariah Carey, Luther Vandross (original done by Diana Ross and Lionel Richie)

Total Eclipse of the heart by Nicki French (original done by Bonnie Tyler)

It's even worse when the original (Endless Love) was totally godawful, and then covered by someone even more godawful.  Nicki French's version of T.E.O.T.H. was rotten, but the Bonnie Tyler version is still a guilty pleasure after all these years.  Jim Steinman, yeeesh!

funny squiggles guy wrote:
here's a crappy one from 1986:  Far Corporation - Stairway to Heaven.

Far Corporation was a production of Frank Farian, the man behind Boney M and Milli Vanilli.  Their cover of Stairway to Heaven wasn't bad, but you can't mess with Zepplin

Uhhh, I forgot about that one.  Let me correct you.  You can mess with Led Zep, and Farian's cover of "Stairway" blew!

The Pet Shop Boys: Always On My Mind (Elvis, Willie Nelson)
That song doesn't work at high speeds with a drum machine going thump thump thump!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/21/05 at 4:10 am

David Bowie & Bing Crosby: The Little Drummer Boy (xmas carol)
Michael Hedges: Come Together (o.a: The Beatles)

eh...I kinda liked old Bing and David's collaberation.  One of the few Christmas songs I can tolerate.

Speaking of Come Together, Aerosmith did a surprising good rendition of that song in the movie, "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely hearts club band", also liked Peter Frampton and The Bee Gees version of "Golden Sluber" in the same movie.  Alice Cooper's version of "Because" was just plain creepy in that movie.  And lastly, George Burns "Fixing a hole" was a sweet rendition.

Written By: JarethsCrystal on 09/21/05 at 1:03 pm

Thanks for that bit of trivia.  Did you know they couldn't show Don Adams' navel either?

lol, Max!

Anywho, I can't stand any remake of "Big Yellow Taxy" by Joni Mitchell.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/21/05 at 1:19 pm

;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/21/05 at 1:39 pm

Groovy Kind Of Love originally by Wayne Fontana & The Mindbenders blows Phil Collins' remake away :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/21/05 at 8:35 pm

Although I haven't heard the original, I just LOVE Paul Weller's version of the Rose Royce classic "Wishing on a star"

http://www.blastro.com/player/paulwellerwishingonastar.html&artist=Paul+Weller?bitrate=_300&mediatype=rm&x=34&y=11

Rose Royce clip of same song:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000002KH1/qid=1127353082/sr=2-3/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_3/103-4626943-2932608?v=glance&s=music

Written By: whistledog on 09/21/05 at 8:37 pm

Although I haven't heard the original, I just LOVE Paul Weller's version of the Rolls Royce classic "Wishing on a star"

http://www.blastro.com/player/paulwellerwishingonastar.html&artist=Paul+Weller?bitrate=_300&mediatype=rm&x=34&y=11

I like his version too.  Paul Weller is a fantastic singer :)

It's a shame that he isn't more popular here in North America  :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...