inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 9/11 Remembered...You Will Always Be In Our Hearts

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/11/05 at 12:25 pm

Today I was looking at some pictures on Yahoo news of the victims of 9/11's families at the site of where the Twin Towers once stood. 4 years later, it still brings tears to my eyes, as I literally wept for all of the families that will never forget the moment of tragedy that took their loved ones.  I was fortunate enough not to have lost anyone that I knew personally, but my heart goes out to each and every person who has to deal with this, every single day of their lives.

Please let this thread be a memorial to those who have perished, and to the families that still go on. This is not a political or debate thread...just a place to post your thoughts/concerns...etc.

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=9%2F11+lights/v=2/SID=e/TID=YS67_89/l=IVI/SIG=12232fhmi/EXP=1126545891/*-http%3A//img84.exs.cx/img84/4685/9-11lights2.jpg

Erin :)

Subject: Re: 9/11 Remembered...You Will Always Be In Our Hearts

Written By: Dagwood on 09/11/05 at 1:46 pm

I watched part of a show on Discovery last night.  It had families of WTC victims talking about that day and getting personal effects back.  One man and his daughter got her mom's badge.  She was a police officer that was in the lobby when the tower collapsed.  The little girl was maybe 5 so she probably doesn't remember her mom.  He also had a picture of her from that day helping someone who was in the tower away before she died.  I couldn't finish watching it, it made me cry.

My thoughts and prayers are with the families. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/11/05 at 1:56 pm

This might sound callous but I try not to think about it too much. The reason being is because if I do think about it, I will probably be overwelmed with emotion. Yes, it is in the back of mind today. I did hear the bagpipes being played in front of our local firehouse today (which the building touches our backyard).

The victims and their families are indeed in my heart.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/11/05 at 1:58 pm

I totally echo the sentiments here.

When I got fully aware of the events (I didn't turn on the TV until noon or so, and by then it had already happened), I couldn't believe it. I flashed back to Oklahoma City 6 years earlier and the sadness/shock I felt about that.

It was definitely a day that changed the world forever - for better or worse. It's the real beginning of the 21st Century in many ways. One thing I will say is, there was definitely a "togetherness" and peace I felt for a brief moment in time - especially that following few weeks afterwards - with everyone.

For the record, I'm not fond of Bush's politics or the subsequent way the War on Terror has been handled by him since......but none of that mattered. The normal stuff that may have caused an argument beforehand, suddenly seemed really insignificant.

If anything at all good came out of it, it was the brave passengers on the hijacked plane headed for the White House, who forcibly crashlanded it -- probably SAVING more lives in the process at the cost of their own.

Written By: NullandVoid on 09/11/05 at 2:01 pm

While I sympathize with those who have suffered a loss to 9/11....including my brother who lost his best friend, I can't help but feel a need to move forward. It's been 4 years  :-[

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/11/05 at 2:14 pm

If anything at all good came out of it, it was the brave passengers on the hijacked plane headed for the White House, who forcibly crashlanded it -- probably SAVING more lives in the process at the cost of their own.

Yes, they actually crashed in a field not too far from where I live, infact, that day....they actually passed over my parent's house and over a golf course (the golfers saw the plane flying really low) near their house.  We went up to the site last year to look at the memorial...it was so very touching. I have attached a few pictures from when we were up there.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/rapunzel_1689/Flight%2093%20Memorial%20Site/28b0.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/rapunzel_1689/Flight%2093%20Memorial%20Site/7267.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/rapunzel_1689/Flight%2093%20Memorial%20Site/2b63.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/rapunzel_1689/Flight%2093%20Memorial%20Site/f785.jpg

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/11/05 at 2:15 pm

While I sympathize with those who have suffered a loss to 9/11....including my brother who lost his best friend, I can't help but feel a need to move forward. It's been 4 years  :-[

very true...but to the families, every year will be significant to them.

Written By: Paul on 09/11/05 at 4:46 pm

A day which should, in all honesty, not be forgotten...

...but I'm sad to say, not much commemoration has taken place here today...

My thoughts to all who were in some way touched by the events...

Written By: whistledog on 09/11/05 at 5:22 pm

That Lee Greenwood song "God Bless the USA" always makes me think of 9/11.  What a sad day that remains  :\'(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 09/11/05 at 10:03 pm

While I most definately have deep sympathy for all the victims and everyone involved with that horrible day, my son Blaine's murder will always make the top reason that I despise that certain year :\'(

Written By: Stompgal on 09/12/05 at 6:35 am

On September 11th 2001, I was still at school and when I went in the taxi, I heard some news of two towers being knocked down. When I got home, I switched on my radio and the DJ said on that the World Trade Centre had collapsed. I went upstiars to the living room and my dad was watching the incident on the news. I then phoned my mum about it and she was appaled.

Written By: 80s gail on 09/12/05 at 2:10 pm

I'll never forget as long as i live driving home from my sisters place of work and hearing what had happened I thought it was some kind of sick joke. i'm at the age where i thought nothing would shock me but 9/11 did,I thought the planes that had flown into the towers had done so because of some horrible human or computer error on traffic control!

Written By: Dagwood on 09/12/05 at 6:25 pm

Same here....although I DID make it through "The Flight that Fought Back".

I missed that one.  Was it as heartwrenching as it sounded?

Written By: Waterboy on 09/12/05 at 7:15 pm

Today I was looking at some pictures on Yahoo news of the victims of 9/11S families at the site of where the Twin Towers once stood. 4 years later, it still brings tears to my eyes, as I literally wept for all of the families that will never forget the moment of tragedy that took their loved ones.  I was fortunate enough not to have lost anyone that I knew personally, but my heart goes out to each and every person who has to deal with this, every single day of their lives.

Please let this thread be a memorial to those who have perished, and to the families that still go on. This is not a political or debate thread...just a place to post your thoughts/concerns...etc.

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=9%2F11+lights/v=2/SID=e/TID=YS67_89/l=IVI/SIG=12232fhmi/EXP=1126545891/*-http%3A//img84.exs.cx/img84/4685/9-11lights2.jpg

I Still remember that day as it was yesterday because of how tragic it was that day.. when my mom come up to wake me up and told me that a plane just crashed into the world trade center...so i got up and turned on the tTVjust as the second one just crashed into the trade center.i sympathize with everyone that lost loved ones in the trade center and in washington dc and in shanksville when i went up there last year with my wife (Quirk) it really touched me and i will never forget the chills i got when i went up to see the memorial of the crash site my heart also ggoesout to all the families that lost loved ones in aAfghanistanand iIraqbecause i have a bother-in-law over in iIraqso i know how it feels to wonder if they are oOKor not so i am ttrulytouched by all the men and women that have fought for our country and my deepest ssympathygoes out to everyone that lost loved ones and friends in the tterroristicplot on 9/11

Chris

Check for new replies or respond here...