inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Madonna teaming up with Tiffany?

Written By: ToddR on 09/14/05 at 1:22 pm

It was reported in a UK magazine that Madonna is interested in collaborating with 80s pop princess Tiffany. Madonna's upcoming album, slated for a fall release, is a dance album just like Tiffany's current album, "Dust Off And Dance". This duo seems like an unlikely pairing, but Madonna must see something in Tiffany. This would be great exposure for Tiffany and her new material, which is picking up a little steam with some radio stations and club DJs.

I do a recall an interview with Madonna in the late 80s. The interviewer asked her what she thought of Tiffany and Debbie Gibson. I'm not sure of Madonna's exact words, but it was something along the lines of "I dont like the blonde one, but Tiffany is pretty cool."

I have the excerpt from the magazine, but it's a bitmap pic and won't upload.

Subject: Re: Madonna teaming up with Tiffany?

Written By: Ashley Tisdale's A Cutie on 09/14/05 at 5:47 pm

Madonna must've listened to her "Dust Off And Dance" album and noticed it.

Though Tiffany would get exposure for her recent music, but Madonna is only known for controversy instead of her albums.

She didn't like the blonde one, might change her mind when she listens to her latter albums like "Deborah" and "MYOB".

Written By: george78 on 09/15/05 at 11:06 am

That's awesome news if it's true. I've heard through the wire that Tiffany's first single is doing fairly well. The song "Be With U Tonight" has been getting great phones this week at WMPH in Delaware and C89.5 in Seattle has now officially added the song this week.

I've heard some of the tracks and to be truthfully honest, they're really good. Check em out.

Written By: angelbaby on 09/15/05 at 11:29 am

I've caught Tiffany's show here in NYC and it was sooo awesome! I loved her a kid and I think she has grown into such a great woman. I just burned a copy of her new cd and it is so good! I heard it a friend's party a few weeks ago and people were really into it. I don't think they knew it was Tiffany though. Needless to say they were pleasantly surprised.

If Madonna did work with Tiff, that would definitely help her in many ways. At least just to get some media attention. She is still doing a lot of shows. My cousin just saw her in Florida and I think her next big gig is in Chicago. Tiffany has an incredible voice and I would love to see her comeback.

Written By: Ashley Tisdale's A Cutie on 09/16/05 at 8:23 pm

Will Madonna lure Tiffany in her kabballah club like Broccoli Spears and her bad director hubby?  ::)

Written By: racer on 10/13/05 at 4:56 pm

I read the same thing. Below is the clip.

She's still out there working her a** off. I know she recently just did a gig at the House of Blues in LA.

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/15/05 at 7:59 am

Well, if you think about it, in the 80's, they weren't too different.

Check for new replies or respond here...